“Experience of Lifetime!! Best Romantic place for Honeymoon!!” 5 of 5 stars

Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina
5.0 of 5 Resort   |     |
Hotel deals
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Experience of Lifetime!! Best Romantic place for Honeymoon!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I went there for Honeymoon...and the experience was beyond words..it was just PERFECT. The moment we arrived at Male Airport, we were taken care off by the staff. The ride from Male to Honeymadhoo and then to resort was great. The water is different shades of blue and crystal clear. There were lots of things in our package including champagne and 'Just Married' Cart. Our room was upgraded and we had are own private beach and not to forget the Butler. Loved the decor and especially the open air bathroom and also the privacy we had. The breakfast and dinner was superb. Being vegetarian we usually don't get much variety anywhere but here we had many choices and had dinner at different locations everyday. I also did my first Scuba Dive here. The instructor was very helpful. The best part was because the hotel has House Reef, we can go for snorkeling anytime we wanted. We didn't had to pay anything extra for it , also many water-sports were complimentary at the resort. Spa was also very relaxing. I simply loved this place and it made my Honeymoon a lifetime memory. I would definitely love to come back here soon.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, Front Office Manager at Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Neha M

We are extremely pleased to hear how much you've enjoyed your stay with us. Your great recommendations are much appreciated and will be shared with the entire TEAM at Island Hideaway.

Glad to know we have been able to assist in creating long lasting memories. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Warm Regards
Beatrice Ellis
Front Office Manager

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Male
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I and my family enjoyed truely the experience the whole management at Island Hideaway gave us. Especially the Butler programme is one of the best in the world i must say. They are so humanly personalized that i recollect my butler Mr.Adam standing next to me while i was smoking and he saw there was no ashtray near the beach area so he quickly got a big tree leaf made a cone of it with sand in it and stood by my side. Really hats off to you all. Food, spa, service, rooms (huge) snorkeling all just best. All i can say couples or families Island Hideaway is a strongly recommended. Love you butlers Adam and Azumeel you guys were great. See you very soon.

• Stayed October 2012
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriend and i stayed in a Water Villa for 3 nights and a beach front villa for the last night. We had a disaster time at the airport, so we were bad tempered. But island hideaway makes you forget all about it.
We were greeted by a nice man at the Male airport. He then take us to a nice air conditioned lounge for free drinks before the plane taking off in an hour which is shorter than a normal flight (told by the nice man). Time flies, we board after just 30 mins waiting time. then we were taken to a covered boat and travelled further 25 mins, we were giving chocolate and drinks. Though not windy or cold, my girlfriend was given a blanket (nice). we arrived at the hotel with a very nice staff and a personal bulter (everyone guests/group of people is assigned to one personal bulter). Cause its about 2am at night, so they told us straight to our room and said the check in can be done tmr. in fact, our bulter just took our passport tmr for check in, we didn't even do anything at the check in counter.
My girlfriend and i just want to relax and some private time. so we didn't test the greatness of a personal bulter, but we see other bulters take care other guests' kid and our bulter told us there's many customers return with their kids because of the bulter service.
Sand on the lagoon side (where the only 2 water villas are located) is white, fine and smooth. Only a handful of fish, reef and corl near the water villa area, no reef or corl whatsoever on this side of the island, but we saw a group of eagle ray and a stin ray near water villa. However, on the other side of the island (where the boat park at) there's very nice reef and many many fish. Many big fish swim around the main restaurant. Got to mentioned this, when low tided, the corner of the beach near water villa raise a almost sepearate island (about 4 table tennis table's size). This doesn't sound much exciting, but its totally special and awesome when you stepped on it and there's shallow water all around you.
Many people ate at the restaurant, but they all seem to disappear after breakfast.
We also went group fishing (just 4 in total and 4 crew), i almost instantly catch a fish everytime the hook reaches the bottom though others are not as lucky, the biggest fish was about half a meter long.
The island is big, takes about 5 mins to bike from water villa to main resturant.
Water villa is big (280m2). first thing you see once you entered is two spa beds which featured a glass floor (just around the head area), rooms are cleaned, and are air conditioned before you enetered. They have 14 types of pillow for you to choose from though i didn't try other type, the one they provide is fine to me. Air conditions somehow makes the air dry through out the night and our throats are dried in the monring. free fruites and lots of free bottle water. covered plate of 3 pieces of chocolate everyday. i think 2 room services a day. one general in the morning and one before the night. staffs are helpful, i guess its because this place isn't cheap, but the services are well worthy the money. From where i come from, 10US a drink is expensive, but in Maldives and island hideaway, you will think the money is well spent. on the island, everything (as far as i remember) has 10% service charge and 7% government tax. everything is price in US.
The trip might have cost us a lot, but after the trip, i think the money is well spent. The experience is fantastic and i can't quite remember any bad thing about the hotel or the island. yes, the sand is rough on one side of the island, but the reef and fish makes you forget about it. Crystal clear water and nice weather always make everything else okay. We enjoyed our trip and hope you will too.

Room Tip: Water villa is good for sunrise, can't see sunset. Can see the moon in the early night. Lagoon s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed for 7 nights and the only thing we didn't like was having to leave. Our butler Shahin was fantastic, he was wonderful with our 4 and 6 year olds. The kids had a blast learning to snorkel and the kid's club activities kept them entertained.

My wife and I went for our first dive, and I managed to do some fly-fishing every morning, plus there were so many other things to do.

Food was great, all staff very helpful and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IH_Management, Front Office Manager at Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear David R,

What a "heavenly" of a review! We very much appreciate your kind recommendations of our hotel and the entire TEAM is extremely happy to hear that we have been able to provide you with a memorable and relaxing experience with us.

I will defiantly pass on your comments to Shahin, I know he will appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was beautiful but I was in one of the newer rooms. Fab. Amanitas, clean modern room with lot'f of special things like, fresh fruits and snack, wonderful decorated living room and bedroom, great outdoor bathroom. Pool area was great too
The rooms very private.

Perfect butler service. Best breakfast buffed I have ever seen. Nice food on the different outlests.
Fast internet connection.
Great spa.
But the island need maintenance.
Staff was excellent and the welcome like never before….

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ali_Abdulla, Front Office Manager at Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely pass your comments on to my fellow collegues. Hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I had our delayed honeymoon at the end of May/beginning of June. I was worried it was going to rain, it didn't, it was stunning every day. Our butler, Abdullah was great, although he did say we were not very demanding! We were in Funa which we loved, just what we needed, the sea was fabulous! It was cleaned twice a day! Molton Brown bath products were a real treat. We chose that side of the island because the reef was there and we snorkelled whenever we fancied,and saw turtles, coral, rays, glorious fish. Having swum (was exhausting!)right around the island I can say that there is not much to see on the other side.
The food was also fabulous, I eat fish and not meat but didn't get bored at all, I have never eaten anything more delicious than the lobster curry! They kept asking how they could improve our stay-it took me 4days to think of something, but all I could come up with was that I'd like a pepper mill when I had a bowl of pasta.........next meal I was given one. The service is just exceptional.
I just read a recent review about the dive sites being rubbish-totally disagree, I have done a lot of diving all over the world and this was one of the best places I have dived. Once again the dive staff were great.
Getting there really was a trek but well worth it, and the staff make it all so easy. I cried when we left and hope we return for an anniverasry! As far as we were concerned, it was perfection.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IH_Management, Cluster E-Commerce Manager at Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience during your trip; for us there is nothing more rewarding than a positive feedback from a happy guest.

Thank you again for choosing Island Hideaway Spa Resort & Marina for your stay in Maldives.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and we wish you a fantastic New Year 2013.

With my best Regards,

Ruth Chaves
Cluster E-Commerce Manager
Island Hideaway Spa Resort & Marina
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This small island is really a beautiful, peaceful place which makes us feel the whole island belongs to only both of us and at the mean time helps us to understand each other better and love each other more. I feel so sorry that I quit dive and let him go alone but wind surfing makes us excited on the sea to see the sea and the sky merged into one. I love you, Hideaway! Wish we will come back soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!