After travelling for 43 hours due to the snow at heathrow it was a very pleasant sight to finally see the beautiful island of Dhonakulhi.
We were met at the jetty by the management team (Susan and Jan) who welcomed us and promptly dealt with the necessities and got us to our wonderful villa as quickly as possible. The Dhonakulhi Residence was fantastic with large rooms and a plunge pool within the large garden which led down to the beach and sea.
Island Hideaway is different to many other islands in that it is quite large and undeveloped, it is difficult for example to walk around the island without swimming at some points due to the amount of vegetation. The villas are also larger and palatial than most resorts with the style being grand rather than flash. The villas are also very secluded from each other and there is a great amount of space which contributes to the feeling of relaxation which is encouraged throughout the resort.
The level of service throughout our stay was exemplary and both Naashid (our butler) and Waheed ( our room attendant) were outstanding and fulfilled our every need. It is the little touches that abound that really make the stay so great which includes the morning coffee and muffin service and the attention to detail that is enacted on a daily basis.
Both restaurants served fantastic food and we were never disappointed by any of our meals and always looked forward to exploring the menus further.
I also went diving with the excellent team at the Meridis Dive Centre and finally (after many years) got to see a Manta Ray close up which was a tremendous experience and the team (both dive and boat) and equipment could not be faulted in their helpfulness and level of assistance.
We also went snorkelling both outside our villa and by the house reef and saw many colourful fish and exotic wildlife including moray, reef sharks, turtles, stingray and from the breakfast restaurant saw manta feeding as they passed through the deep water channel. We were also told that dolphins occaisionally also passed by.
All in all we had a fabulous time however the resort is not cheap and will never be so. We were advised that the plans for additional villas are now on hold as many guests have mentioned that they like the place as it is and would prefer it not spoiled by more villas. Therefore the costs of running the resort have to be covered by the small number of existing villas which may make this more and more exclusive as time goes by. We would love to return one day and look forward to being able (to afford) to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa is the place to be for travelers looking for tranquility, luxury, comfort and privacy amidst the tropical beauty of the Maldivian Islands. Well known for its ultimate privacy, yacht marina, first class accommodation, various dining options, bar with discotheque, Hideaway Spa, dive school, personal butlers, tailor made excursions and personalized services, the Island is a naturally exclusive retreat for couples and families alike. Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa is your true Luxury Private Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort And Marina
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina Hotel Haa Aliff Atoll
- Island Hideaway Hotel Marina
- Island Hideaway Resort Marina