“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Manhattan, Illinois, United States
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been here a few times. The food is good. The last time I had the ribs, and they were great! It nice to get the Groupons. The service is good, just remember it is not fast food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago
“35 minutes for a cup of soup is too long”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Went for business lunch. We were the first people there. There was one waiter. Nice guy-super slow. Took him 20 minutes to finally take our order. Reminding you we were the ONLY people there at this point. Another 35 minutes later i finally got my soup (which was to come before the "meal") when we finally got our order- it was not worth the over hour wait. I had a Reuben. Bread, corned beef was dry and choppy funny colored- i ended up scraping it off the bread and just eating the bread. The soup is always delicious and the side of vegetables were good.
Not a place I would recommend bringing a customer for work/business purposes. Which we do quite often. We will definitely not be back, and had to try to over apologize for bringing this gentleman here for such an awful experience.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
chicago
“as people have said Pub Grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went for lunch Sunday and it was really good we have a groupon but forgot it and decided lets try it anyway it was good. It was the 3 of us, Husband, Self and 7 year old. I would not recommend 10pm on a Fiday night with kids as this is a bar but for Sunday Lunch great place. Good kids menu and adult fare is pretty tasty as well. Had the french onion soup and glad to say it does not come out of a can it acutally had a bay leaf in it and nice flavor. Next we had the Patty Melt, Garbage Salad and my girl had kids mini burgers. The bread for those burgers was like a brioche...really good. My Patty Melt as great, salad was a lot of meat and cheese not very healthy but it tasted really good. They have coke products which score high on the list for me. Our server was nice and food came out quick drinks were refilled. I had chips with garlic dressing and that was soooo good. Daughter had fries they were seasoned not something I care for but she and my husband liked them, I am glad I saved my groupon because I am headin back soon to try some Corned Beef and Cabbage. Nice place in New Lenox that is local and not a chain!!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Lenox, Illinois
“Good Pub Grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Reasonably priced sandwiches. Large bar area in the center of the restaurant. Can get loud at times (especially on a game night). Many LCD TVs. I've been there for St Pat's day...live band, outside tent party, lots of fun. 5-6 of the dinner menu items are Irish.

• Visited August 2011