“I would NOT stay here ever again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Naperville

You added Motel 6 Naperville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Naperville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1585 Naperville Wheaton Road, Naperville, IL 60563 (Formerly Travelodge Naperville)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
Brandon, FL
“I would NOT stay here ever again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The first thing when we walked in was the reeking smell of cigarettes. Also the power wasn't working so the front desk had to reset the breaker for our room. The AC keeps turning off and the room also contained an annoying fly and several mosquitoes, I'm praying there are no bed bugs. The bathroom door is broken. The only positives are they did let us check in early, the internet seems to work well, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed for a week with my family of 4, including 2 teenage daughters. All hours of the day and night there was a crowd of 5 - 8 adults hanging around outside the main entrance -- talking, smoking, and some drinking. You have to walk through this crew every time you enter or leave the hotel. There were also frequently people hanging out in cars in the parking lot. One day we pulled up and there was a party going on in a second floor room; the crowd there had removed the screen and were hanging out of the window calling out to people who pulled up. The continental breakfast was pathetic and they ran out of several things, including coffee. The room was clean, but had a strange odor to it. To be fair, the staff was friendly and the price was cheap.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I do apologize for any inconvenience and assure you we are in the process of a fresh renovation. We also retrained staff and we do not allow people to gather in public areas, and we do not allow partys in our guest rooms as well.
STL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I have stayed at the Baymont several times this year. Each time I have enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located close to downtown Naperville and major highways. The staff has been friendly. The rooms are newly renovated and clean. The continental breakfast provides the usually assortment of breakfast items, including cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee, and fruit. The hotel is also pet-friendly. Free WI-FI is also provided.

Based on the hotel's location, level of service, amenities provided, and cleanliness of the rooms, I recommend staying here over the other highly-priced hotels in the area. The normal rack rate is $55 a night. The hotel also gives travelers extended stay options at deep discounts. I plan to stay here for two weeks in the spring, as I travel frequently from STL to Chicagoland.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
theresagio, Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Thank you for your review of our Baymont Inn and Suites hotel in Naperville.
We are very happy to hear that we have consistently exceeded your expectations and we consider many return visits as the highest compliment!
I appreciate the mention of our friendly staff as we strive to provide excellent service for all of our guests, We are glad that our convenient location, complimentary continental breakfast, and accommodations are well suited to your travel needs.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the area and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Its one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The room has a smell that assults you as soon as you enter. It smells like wet dog and strong cleaner. They explained it away as their brand of cleaner.

The high speed wireless is only good in the lobby. Its worse than dail-up in the rooms. If you think your going to be working on your laptop while staying here you have another thing coming. The people at the front desk will have you call their wireless company and they will claim its your laptop. Its working great in the lobby were I am posting this from.

I will never stay here again.

• Liked — They are very blunt and honest about not being able to help you
  • Disliked — The smell and the lack of internet connect
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I do apologize for any inconvenience and assure you we are in the process of a fresh renovation. We also are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet.

Been to Motel 6 Naperville? Share your experiences!