“Great budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Quite a nice budget hotel ! Clean rooms and kitchens, very friendly staff responsive to guests needs, free WiFi. I have stayed there several times when visiting the area for work and plan to return to them in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for writing such a positive review about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room, especially the kitchen, free Wi-Fi and our staff's friendly service. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you do so again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for 8 weeks from October 2013 when relocating to Naperville, IL, and found staff super friendly, and the rooms pretty comfortable, a bit like student accommodation with a small bathroom and an open plan kitchen into the main room, a recliner, desk and a couple of office chairs. The WiFi is free, was okay for reading news, but not really fast enough for music or watching films. You can upgrade to higher speed on a day to day basis, or hop over next door to the Starbucks who's network seemed a little faster. Over the road is a 7/11 and down along Route 59 are all the usual American strip mall stores and places to eat, and even a WholeFoods market a little further along, about 15 minutes away. For walking or cycling, almost next door is a little reserve with shorter trails of 1-3 miles, but they also connect into the Illinois prairie trail leading down to Aurora and up along Fox River for longer trips. The DuPage swimming centre is 10 mins drive south, with a heated 25 yard indoor pool at $35 per month, and lap swimming sessions 3 times a day, and to the west is a climbing centre with a mix of top rope and lead climbing walls, some auto-belays but not very much bouldering, at $15 per visit entry. Across the 88 and to the North is the old Fermilab particle accelerator, open every day, with a visitor centre, though the highlight is sneaking ($0!) into the service road that follows the accelerator itself and walking/cycling around, you can see on Strava quite a few people are doing it. Overall, friendly welcoming staff and tidy comfortable rooms for a longer stay without going broke.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very happy that you loved our super friendly staff, your quiet and clean room as well as our convenient location. As well, it is great to read that the amenities we provided suited your needs perfectly.

Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review of our hotel. I am looking forward to serving your hotel needs in the very near future.
Thoiry, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a decent budget hotel -- staff is friendly, room is clean, and the price is low. Not much in the way of amenities, but at this price you can't really expect that. It is annoying that the free wifi has low bandwidth and you have to pay if you want faster internet, but for email and web surfing it is good enough. The full kitchen is very convenient, even if you don't plan to cook, so that you can store and reheat leftovers, for instance. Location is very convenient (next to the freeway but set back from all neighboring roads, so no problem with noise).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Josh - Thank you for posting an awesome review about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your clean room and the friendly service our staff provided. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and our free Wi-Fi.

Thank you again for your kind words. We are looking forward to serving your hotel needs in the very near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff here is just the nicest bunch of folks! They always greet guests with a smile and are attentive to their needs. They always answered my questions and also checked in to make sure I was enjoying my stay and even checked to see if I was having a good day! They understood that I was away for an extended period of time for work and were extra sensitive to the challenges. I will definitely go back when I return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of your stay. The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel. I am proud of our team for being professional, friendly and making sure all of our guests enjoy the home away from home experience that we offer.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

So I booked this on Hotwire. Over the years I've become quite a skilled and avid user of Hotwire when me and my wife need a brief low budget, simple, local getaway. I've always feared that my greediness whilst looking for inexpensive deals would backfire on me one day, and when I booked this hotel I thought for sure that day had come. Once the site revealed that I had reserved a room at the Extended Stay I felt a lump in my throat, several moments of panic, and I'm pretty sure I said aloud "crap, what have I done?!" I began preparing myself with the idea that shortly after arrival I might have to abandon, eat the cost and dish out money for a different hotel.

Well, I was proven wrong. The stay was so much better than I expected. Not just because I had low expectations. Room-wise, I've stayed at 4 star hotels that were comparable to this. The room was clean, quite, comfy, and cozy, the staff were kind and friendly, and if we could we would have stayed another night or two. This place is not exactly fancy, but it's a far, FAR cry from the sketchy dive reputation this genre of hotel tends to carry. I would recommend it.

I did some research before we arrived, saw some pretty good reviews from this past year... probably since they fully renovated the location. Most negative reviews appear to be pre-renovation. The photos were really nice, but I assumed they were an extreme exaggeration. They weren't, a few things differed from the photos, but nothing significant, I can't even remember what they were. I also noticed they offer smoking and non smoking rooms. At check in they offered me a choice of smoking or non-smoking(traveling with a pregnant wife I was very concerned about this, as Hotwire customers tend to get limited preferences) and were happy to accommodate my non-smoking request.

The rooms are all newly renovated, which contributed greatly to our pleasant stay. This is what was in our room: Newish flat screen TV with an average selection of cable channels, temp control, reclining faux leather chair (I spent a lot of time on that chair), free wireless internet (not SUPER fast, but certainly good enough to stream Netflix on my laptop!), two burner stove, full size refrigerator, kitchen sink, lots of kitchen cabinet space, microwave, toaster, a few basic dishes and cookware, small coffee maker, iron/ironing board, closet with hangers and shelving, desk/kitchen counter, two comfy rolling office chairs. I found the bed to be very comfy, but some might find it to be too firm. The room was decorated in good taste, nothing tacky or ratty.

This may sound silly to some, but I was really impressed with the amount of electrical outlets(and their convenient locations) in this room! In most hotels I have to unplug at least one lamp in order to charge both our cell phones and a laptop, and the outlets tend to be in extremely inconvenient, inaccessible spots. with everything plugged in there were still at least 3 or four sets of available outlets.

Now there isn't a whole lot in the way of amenities. No pool, no fitness center, no vending machines, no ice machine etc. Maid service is limited to 7 night stays, as is the case in any extended stay hotel. You can request additional cleaning service for a fee. You have to take out your own trash. Again, all of this is appropriate for this line of hotel, not a complaint just a heads up. "Grab and Go Breakfast" leaves a bit to be desired. They offer some fresh fruit, oatmeal bars, granola bars, muffins, and coffee. It would be nice if they offered some kind of juice or cold cereal options, and especially more options that are not doused in sugar. I felt like I was eating desert for breakfast. Of course the up side is you have a kitchen equipped enough for you to cook up an omelet or pancakes if you are motivated to do so. There is also a coin laundry, but I never used it.

Our stay was quiet. One night at 11pm we noticed an alarm clock was ringing in another room for a long long time. I did some investigating and found that it was the room above us. I called the front desk and they took care of it immediately.

There are lots of chain and franchise restaurants in the area. Within walking distance is a Steak and Shake, Starbucks, Fireside Subs, and a few other places like that. Within a short drive there are hundreds of eateries ranging from TGIF, Cracker Barrel, Chipotle, Portillos, Boston Market, Luigis... there's a lot. Mostly chains and franchises repeating themselves in shopping plazas every few blocks, but a few unique spots such as Magic Garlic Indian. A few malls are a short drive away too.

And thats about it. Excellent for an extended stay, clean and safe. More than satisfactory for a super discounted Hotwire booking, but I would even consider staying here at full price if the opportunity arose. Enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the smoking floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dave - I appreciate the time you took to write such an awesome review about our hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your newly renovated room, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff provided as well as our hotel's location. As well, it is great to know that you liked having so many electrical outlets at your disposal.

Thank you for your review again. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Ile de Re, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our first experience with Extended Stay was in a different state, but we swore to never stay again. Several years later, we stayed in the Naperville-West. This stay was so much better than the first! The rooms were clean, quite location and friendly staff. Talked about staying again but for fun the next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in this hotel.
I didn't know what to expect, I have never been in an extended stay hotel before. They let me take a look at the room before reservation. During this 2 weeks I was absolutely satisfied. I got a fully equipped kitchen, I nice, clean, newly renovated room as I needed. The staff was always nice and helpful, it was good to get back every day, never felt this is just a hotel, they always had a smile and few nice words to me.The location is perfect, close to the tollway and to R59, but the rooms are quiet. All in all, I recommend it to everyone:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West? Share your experiences!