“Excellent room and excellent front desk service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Naperville
Pennsylvania
“Excellent room and excellent front desk service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. All of the staff was extremely friendly! They gave us tips on restaurants and places to see around town. If we needed ANYTHING the front desk staff made sure to please our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for much for the wonderful feedback you posted! We are glad you had a wonderful experience and like our hotel.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in the area.

Safe Travels!

Noonie Agular

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed here sveral times. I am alway so impressed with the staff and service. The rooms are always very clean and the removation was done great. The location is right next door to some of the best restaurants in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Cindy,

Thank you so much for the nice review and we are glad you would never stay anywhere else! You are welcome here! Besides being close to all those great restaurants, we have great connections, so the next time you're in, we can get you into those restaurants with priority seating and they do special items for our guests, if you show a room key from our hotel.

See our team about those special things that they do the next time you're here. If there's ever anything I may assist with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been a Marriott member for several years and a Marriott Platinum Elite member at that. We recently made reservations for 2 rooms for 5 nights at this hotel and I must say I will never stay again. First the staff very rude each and every time we had to approach. They refused to honor any of the benefits we as Platinum Elite members are suppose to be promised. The would not change the sheets until the 3rd day of our stay and at one point when our coffee pot wouldn't work they refused to give us a cup of coffee and hot water from the lobby. This is the second time I stayed there and spent a lot of money with Marriott and I don't understand how they can run a business like that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the horrible stay that you experienced. It does not sound like our staff, as you can see from the other comments from other guests that have posted on TripAdvisor.

Please contact, as I would love to get more information from you regarding your stay. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

fayetteville, ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for a trip this last weekend and the place was pretty nice. It is in a good area and the hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel is newer so it has great modern décor and it is clean. The rate was great for Chicago and very fair. The only negative I noticed was that the rooms are pretty small. We did get one of the smaller rooms, but there was not a lot of room in the king room. For one or two people it wouldn't be a problem, but if traveling with a family you might as for a larger room. Overall great place to stay in a great town. Not to far into downtown Chicago. Enjoy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us and glad to hear that overall, it was a nice stay.

I am sorry that you feel that our rooms are small...we usually get feedback from guests that they think our rooms are fairly larger than our competitors in the area. I'm not sure what room you had, but we have 4 different rooms types, we have our kings with pull out sofa beds (recommended for parties of 3 or less), we have our rooms with 2 queens beds (recommended for 4 guests), then our king suites (4 guests or less) and our double suites (5-6 guests).

When traveling with family, I usually will go for the rooms with 2 beds, as they are usually the larger room or I opt for the suites, as they have a separate living area that connects to the sleeping area. They are all equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. All of our rooms with 2 beds, have refrigerators, as well as all of our rooms on the second floor. We also have both refrigerators and microwaves available, complimentary, on a frist come first serve basis.

We hope you will choose us again the next time you're in the area. If there's ever anything I may assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just stayed at this property in Naperville and it was an excellent value. The room was fine, the rate was extremely reasonable, and the restaurant in the lobby was very convenient, as well as the drinks and snacks available at the front desk.

I stayed at another Courtyard by Marriott in the past year and it was not comparable to this property, which also made this property a pleasant surprise to me.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms at the back of the property are the quietest rooms, from what I could tell. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for the nice comments! Glad you like the hotel and enjoyed your stay. You are correct, the rooms on the third floor are the quietest and all of our courtyard facing rooms have the nice balconies and patios to relax on. Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, so you can relax and surf the internet, whether it's for work or play...

We also have that great patio area right outside of the main lobby, with nice comfortable furniture and in the pool, as well.

We hope to see you again in the future, if ther's ever anything I may assist with, please reach out.

Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions as a frequent visitor to Naperville. I have been a Marriott Rewards Elite member for 13 years and I have never cared for Courtyard properties very much but this property stands out because of the staff. The service starts at the top and I have personally witnessed the GM (Noonie) brushing snow off of car windows early in the morning. The rest of the staff is amazing and goes miles beyond any staff I have ever encountered. I so appreciate the way the staff welcomes every guest that enters the hotel. There are not enough superlatives to describe this team. Kudos to Noonie and the staff she has put together in Naperville. Top to bottom, you guys are the best EVER!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I thought I had responded to you already, but maybe it didn't post? Well, just in case, THANK YOU again for the GREAT review!!! Much appreciated!

You are a loyal guest to our hotel and we sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again soon, if there's ever anything I may assist with, please reach out.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is clearly an older property, which has been remodeled at some point, but as other reviewers have commented, the rooms have small bathrooms and the work area is cramped. There is one elevator, which is at the back of the property so you wander around trying to find it. In and out for one night, which is about all it would be worth, Friendly front desk staff and nearby a variety of eating options, though a bit of a walk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I did post a reply a while back, I apologize that it did not get posted!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do agree with you that the design of having 1 elevator is not convenient and was a poor design choice 26 years ago, when the hotel was built. Unfortunately, we cannot fix that part of our structure and add in more elevators. But the great part is that we are true to our name and we have a fabulous courtyard in the middle of our hotel that boasts a nice patio area with comfortable furniture for our guests to gather at.

The other good thing about the design of the property is that We also have large sliding glass doors in all of our rooms and the ones facing the courtyard open up to patios and balconies that our guests can sit and relax on. We have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, so are guests can sit anywhere in the hotel and surf the web. We also have a large indoor pool that has a nice seating area, as well.

We renovated our lobby space in 2011 and now have the Bistro, offering convenient and delicious Breakfast and Dinner/Bar options daily. We offer catered lunches for our meeting room guests and work with their needs and requirements.

And we recently renovated our guest rooms, which was completed in February, boasting new mattresses and a new lush bedding package. We are partnered with Paul Mitchell for our amenities, there's new vinyl, carpeting, ergonomic desk chairs and large workspace/table.

I am confused that you mentioned the nearby restaurants being a bit of a walk? We are adjacent to Freedom Commons, which has numerous eating options and just a 2 minute walk or less to Jason's Deli, which is located in the middle of the commons and on each side, there are approximately 5 other restaurants.

Thank you again for providing your feedback! If there's anything else I may answer for you or assist with, please feel free to contact me.

630-505-0550

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville? Share your experiences!