“This staff continues to impress” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
Fairhope, Alabama
“This staff continues to impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions as a frequent visitor to Naperville. I have been a Marriott Rewards Elite member for 13 years and I have never cared for Courtyard properties very much but this property stands out because of the staff. The service starts at the top and I have personally witnessed the GM (Noonie) brushing snow off of car windows early in the morning. The rest of the staff is amazing and goes miles beyond any staff I have ever encountered. I so appreciate the way the staff welcomes every guest that enters the hotel. There are not enough superlatives to describe this team. Kudos to Noonie and the staff she has put together in Naperville. Top to bottom, you guys are the best EVER!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I thought I had responded to you already, but maybe it didn't post? Well, just in case, THANK YOU again for the GREAT review!!! Much appreciated!

You are a loyal guest to our hotel and we sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again soon, if there's ever anything I may assist with, please reach out.

Safe Travels,

630-505-0550

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is clearly an older property, which has been remodeled at some point, but as other reviewers have commented, the rooms have small bathrooms and the work area is cramped. There is one elevator, which is at the back of the property so you wander around trying to find it. In and out for one night, which is about all it would be worth, Friendly front desk staff and nearby a variety of eating options, though a bit of a walk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I did post a reply a while back, I apologize that it did not get posted!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do agree with you that the design of having 1 elevator is not convenient and was a poor design choice 26 years ago, when the hotel was built. Unfortunately, we cannot fix that part of our structure and add in more elevators. But the great part is that we are true to our name and we have a fabulous courtyard in the middle of our hotel that boasts a nice patio area with comfortable furniture for our guests to gather at.

The other good thing about the design of the property is that We also have large sliding glass doors in all of our rooms and the ones facing the courtyard open up to patios and balconies that our guests can sit and relax on. We have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, so are guests can sit anywhere in the hotel and surf the web. We also have a large indoor pool that has a nice seating area, as well.

We renovated our lobby space in 2011 and now have the Bistro, offering convenient and delicious Breakfast and Dinner/Bar options daily. We offer catered lunches for our meeting room guests and work with their needs and requirements.

And we recently renovated our guest rooms, which was completed in February, boasting new mattresses and a new lush bedding package. We are partnered with Paul Mitchell for our amenities, there's new vinyl, carpeting, ergonomic desk chairs and large workspace/table.

I am confused that you mentioned the nearby restaurants being a bit of a walk? We are adjacent to Freedom Commons, which has numerous eating options and just a 2 minute walk or less to Jason's Deli, which is located in the middle of the commons and on each side, there are approximately 5 other restaurants.

Thank you again for providing your feedback! If there's anything else I may answer for you or assist with, please feel free to contact me.

Hogansville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was surprised by the room size. Have never stayed in a Courtyard with a room as small as this one. It is an older hotel remodeled, so it is clean, newer, carpet, bedding, etc.; however, the size of the room, sink area and bathroom could not be altered and it is very small. The staff is very accomodating, small coffee makers, no coffee in the lobby, and noisy adjoining room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi again,

I know that we've been in communication regarding your feedback from your stay with us? And we even discussed the noise issue, etc...

It's showing up that I didn't respond, so I just want to make sure that your issue during your stay was resolved?

Regards,

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stay in the area often and this Courtyard is always a good option. The rooms are of standard size and quality with all of the amenities in working order. The hotel location is very convenient to 88, downtown Naperville, and a host of restaurants within easy walking distance. It has the standard Courtyard bar and food service. Internet is free but you need to pay for breakfast. The staff is very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are removed from the road so noise shouldn't be a factor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for the delay...

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us! We truly appreciate it, as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience at our hotel.

Overall, it looks like you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our hotel. Is there something we could have done better to receive a better rating from you?

Regards,

General Manger
Birmingham, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Cassandra works the front desk at this property.I was driving in from Iowa and my sister (almost 80) was driving in from Georgia.Originally my sister was to get other transportation but when it fell thru she instead decided to drive and she did it straight thru approx.18 hours.When I learned of her change of plans I called the Hotel and got Cassandra I told her of our plight and she assured me that she would have a room ready for early check-in for my sister.I arrived at 12:15 P.M. and my sister hadn't gotten in yet,I called her cell phone and discovered they were having trouble location the property on Diehl Road.I walked to the road and flagged her in.When she walked in Cassandra came around the front desk and gave her a big hug!After we got my sister to her room Cassandra brought her a cup of hot tea.Prior to my sister checking out on Sunday she arranged for a Hotel room in Nashville and when she realized it was in a high traffic area,changed it to a less busy area.She even called and asked if my sister had arrived safely.She is truely an employee you can be Proud of! "What you do for the least of these you do for me" Thank you Cassandra and Thank you Courtyard By Marriott!!!

Room Tip: I can't comment on kids activities as we weren't traveling with children and we didn't u...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Ginny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are very lucky to have Cassandra on our team and she is an exceptional associate! I'm very happy to hear that you were so pleased with your stay and the service provided. I also recieved the email that you sent to our guest relations office and the letter I recieved today. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel rooms have been updated, so the new carpets, mattresses and bedding is very nice. I prefer to have a room rather cold, and I was very pleased that I was actually able to set the HVC to a cooler temperature and was able to cool the room. Typically you can't get it very low, so this was a huge benefit for me. Whoever designed the layout of the Courtyards did a terrible job with elevators!! Like a lot of Courtyards, there is one elevator, and depending on where your room is, there is a lot of walking. It's great exercise, but if you have a log of things to carry or have any mobility issues, this is a terrible layout. They need to have an elevator on each side. The staff is friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant is average, but the service was very good.

Room Tip: As for a room near the elevator if you don't want to walk a very long distance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback! I agree with you about the elevator, unfortunately, our hotel was built 26 years ago, so the deisgn was much different back then. In regards to the mobility question, we do have over 60 rooms on the first level and we also have rooms that are handicap accessible for guests that may need that.

I am glad to hear that you like our newly renvovated rooms and that rest of your stay with NICE! We hope you choose us again when traveling to Naperville.
Catwalk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent one night here over a weekend. The experience from check-in to the service in the lobby café were fantastic. Helpful, friendly staff. Room was comfortable, shower had nice hot full pressure flow of water. Would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very for providing your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville? Share your experiences!