“Update to a previous review---” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walker's Char House

Walker's Char House
8 W Gartner Rd Ste 140, Under New Ownership As of 10/1/13, Naperville, IL 60540-7547
(630) 637-9688
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 345 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Update to a previous review---”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

As you have previously read, new owners, new Head/Exec Chef. Staff very accommodating, even when bartender steps out to greet or serve customers, someone from the kitchen steps up and serves patrons at the bar. Great value for late afternoon appetizer menu. Changes in decor/menu/etc still to come, but solid effort on all fronts. Wife and I there this early evening, she had Sweet Potato/Bourbon Soup that was great ( I only got one spoonful). After 3 drinks (total), soup (for her), and 2 shrimp cocktails (for me) , we were out for less than $40, I'll repeat anytime.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Naperville, Illinois
“Brand New Owners in October 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been coming here for years, they needed some attention, and that is what the new owner Bryan has brought to the place, all brand new chefs, and a brand new menu, this new menu is outstanding, and the place has clearly been cleaned up, I think the old owners just wanted out. The steaks are awesome. I highly recommend this steak house

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New life for an old standby.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

With new ownership and new chef, the food at Walker's stands up to anything in Naperville. Tucked away in a strip mall away from the hassles of downtown Naperville, you can park in the lot, have a drink in the charming bar, and enjoy great food in a homey atmosphere. New owners have upgraded the quality of the meat and it shows. Try the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin---it is outstanding.

Visited October 2013
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Dont read into my rating.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

New ownership, much of the existing menu kept, but told ingredients and prep style upgraded. I was only in for 2 cocktails. Owner/bartender seem to have things together. This is a long established restaurant for "Seasoned Citizens". I like the attitude of the new Owner, I did not have any food (it was an early evening), Everything looked a bit neater and more tidy than what I remember. Hopefully that is true in the Kitchen too. I would say to anyone its worth trying.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elwood, Illinois
“Horrible service and horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was the worst dining experience I have ever had. First, our waitress told us we were stuck with her. She looked like she had a skunk or black and white cat on her head. She tried to use humor unsuccessfully. It seemed that our waitress had disappeared more than once. It took a long time for her to come take our order. Then there was a long wait between the soup/salad and main course. Our drinks were not refilled quickly. My husband asked for extra ranch dressing for his salad which he never got. Then our main course came. I ordered the medallians (filet) and they were more like 3 thinly sliced mini roasts--not like filet at all. My husband ordered the ribs---they were ok but definitely not the best he has ever had. Our friends ordered parm crusted ribeye steak which was definitely crusted and extremely tough. We asked another waitress for the manager and were told the manager was off having a baby. So who is in charge then???? Never got the answer to that question. Then we said our service was horrible and told her who our waitress was and she said ohhh, which said it all along with the look on her face. Never did see anyone in charge. Groupon was used and the ribeyes were taken off the bill.
The restaurant was very busy which was surprising with the disappointing service and food we had. This was our first and last time at this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013