“Expensive date night, but still worth it.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 345 Restaurants in Naperville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Expensive date night, but still worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Drinks are amazing. Service has their A-game on and food is good but overpriced...in other words, I have paid less for better food. All and all, I would still go back due to the drinks and service. Perfect place for a date night.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Expensive and dark, but quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My gf and I went here a for a nice dinner in Naperville. The place seems like an old fashion steak house with a wait staff that are all dressed to impress. Lighting was very dim to set the mood of the place but I found it a bit too dark. The food is expensive but worth the price once you taste it. We each had a filet Oscar which was amazing with a size of horseradish mashed potatoes. I would recommend for a very nice event.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great Old School (If You Like That Sort Of Thing)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

As opposed to other steak house establishments, Sullivan's has kept the old school decor (others have changed their interiors to a more contemporary look). As a result, you feel the service and ambiance of that masculine theme. Other things are on the menu, but I go to steak houses for steaks, and the Kansas City Strip is one of the best steaks I've ever had (if not the best). One little criticism (only minor), but it seems of late, like one must wait ten minutes before getting a drink order in (which means were're not imbibing until 15-20 minutes after being seated - we do take our time at dinner, but usually like to get things going with a drink within a few minutes after being seated. Lots of good old time steak house energy in the place; this is a great place!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“Rather pricey but totally worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Visited the restaurant on a Thursday night. The environment perfect,the waitresses & waiters all dressed in the same clothes & were very polite which made a nice first impression to us.
When we got the menu we all mentioned that it was kind expensive for Naperville,however on the last page they offer a set menu of three courses which was actually full since it included a choice of salad,main course & desert. It is worth to mention that we could choose which salad,main course & desert from a pre-made choice of two.
What we all concluded to when the food arrived was that the salads,first of all,were not small at all and they only had the dressing that was needed to make them really tasty!When the main course arrived we were excited to see that it was also NOT drown in gravy & sauce,but VERY well-cooked! The desert was also very nice.

The overall experience was more that positive for us,we were really satisfied by our dinner there & we all concluded that although at first we thought that Sullivan's steakhouse was a bit expensive,the quality & quantity of food served there made us rethink & real use that it is more than worth it!
I will definitely visit it again & would without hesitation recommend it to friends!

Naperville, Illinois
“Anniversary dinner horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife abd I agree that our dinner was the worst we have ever encountered in 37 years of marriage. I ordered a steak medium well, and it came back sliced 5 or 6 times and over-cooked and tough. Then my wife, who likes steaks rare, was presented with a raw, cold piece of meat surrounded by blood. Trying to communicate our displeasure was virtually impossible due to the deafening decible level. The overpriced a la carte sides were OK.
It was so bad, I actually thought Allen Funt from Candid Camera would show up, and point out a hidden camera!

• Visited October 2013