“A Great Place! Sukiyaki is the best.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 397 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small family owned business and first thai restaurant in downtown Naperville established 1989
Newton, Massachusetts
“A Great Place! Sukiyaki is the best.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Don't worry about the older reviews you may see- this restaurant is great. Went there on a Saturday evening and the place was bustling. The staff are well-coordinated, getting water, drinks and appetizer orders very quickly. The highlight of the meal was the Sukiyaki- you don't see this too often and the waitress said the spices are somewhat unusual and a bit difficult to get. It is basically a soup and definitely large enough for an entree. Also had Pad Thai, which was not the best I'd ever had. Decent drink selection including Thai, Japanese beers and Thai iced tea.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aurora, IL
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I'm not an expert on Thai food, but I really enjoyed the cuisine at Bangkok Village. I went with several friends the other night and sampled several dishes. For appetizers, I thought the pot stickers were great. For entrees, I really enjoyed the sweet/sour chicken (although nothing fancy, prepared just as I like it), the spicy basil noodles were great, and the spicy chicken paradise was incredible (definitely what I'll be ordering next time). I thought the salmon triple delight was just average (but not bad). I wasn't a fan of the pineapple curry shrimp because I don't like coconut flavor but my husband thought it was excellent.

Prices are great with most entrees around $10-12. They have a decent wine selection and various mixed drink options. This restaurant is small so I'd recommend reservations on the weekend, although we were able to get a table for 5 with no waiting at 7:30 on a Friday night.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent, it not authentic.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Decent, it not authentic.