“Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 383 restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Difficult to find but once we did it was a unique experience. The lighting was quite bright so I wouldn't consider it a place for romance but if you want good Vietnamese food & know what to order you'll enjoy your time. It was rather empty for a Saturday night & we didn't know we could BYOB.
I had a shrimp dish which was very filling. My husband had soup which he felt was less than stellar but he's not a big fan of the thin strips of beef that were in it. Also he didn't put the bean sprouts into the soup like he should have so I think he missed out on the yumminess of all the flavors getting to know each other. I will go again & try another dish.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Munich, Germany
“what a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

super fresh food... high quality ingredients ...no ridiculous oversized portions ... hidden away off the main streets so it's usually really empty ... wonderful staff and super quality food ... they have no booze license so it's a BYOB which we love too when we have a really nice Chard. or Sauv. B to try out .
Absolutely love this place ...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naperville, Illinois
“Vietnamese BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'm now a regular for the bun, pho, and tofu rolls. I have to remember to bring a bottle of wine next time. It's located next to Quigley's around the corner from the white multi-tenant building, so you have to know it's there. There's even some outside seating. And I'm pleased to report that business is picking up. The food quality is high and the prices are reasonable. The service is a work-in-progress and I'm not a fan of the waiters head sets that make me think that I'm ordering from a drive-through cashier. But so long as I can get a little more attention to refilling my water and delivering the check on time, I'll live with headsets.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Simple, well-executed Vietnamese BYO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had to get this one on people's radar. It's not often you have a neighbourhood gem like Green Basil; tucked away with little passing trade so we need to broadcast this charming but modest little eaterie with wonderful staff.
The menu is not overwhelming, just the right amount of choices and every one we've tried so far, a delight to the palate. If it's extra chillies you're looking for, Chef Nick will even add a few from his personal stash...just ask! From Banh Mi sandwiches at lunch time to great noodle soups and more, t's a BYO so grab a bottle of fresh white and tuck-in, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012