“Okay if you have one child to watch” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 things to do in Naperville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Okay if you have one child to watch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I find this a difficult museum to visit if you have more than one child. The multiple levels and labyrinth setup make for a stressful visit. There are plenty of interesting things for children, but I would rather go to the Kohl's museum.

Visited December 2012

Naperville, IL
8 attraction reviews
“worth a membership”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We live close by to this museum which is not to be missed for anyone with young kids in the DuPage area. We love to go there often in the colder months, and have had a birthday party there, and attended others' parties there as well. We even did Bubble Bash last year which was a fun way to end the year not to mention affordable. We will be heading over to check out the newest exhibit soon.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
“My crew at the DuPage Children's Museum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Earlier today, Sunday, November 25, 2012, my husband and I took our greatgranddaughter and greatneice to the DuPage Children's Museum. While interesting and somewhat interactive, it pales in comparison to the Kohl's Chldren Museum in Glenview, IL. I mean the wood shop experience was very hands on and the girls really enjoyed sawing wood and building make shift wood automobiles. The also enjoyed the water and how-it-works-sort of experience. They were getting tired and bored until we found about the makeshift stationary train and see saw upstairs. They stayed up there for about 25 minutes and were reluctant to leave only because they knew we were taking them straight home to their parents and not to our house. Otherwise, they were quick to go from one (save the woodshop) room to the other without spending much time on any many of the attractions. I did not dislke the museum but would not go back, as it was boring compared to the Kohl's Museum. Before we arrived at the museum, the children asked a couple of times if we were going to the Kohl's Museum.

Visited November 2012
Oswego, IL
5 attraction reviews
“Photo Goldmine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Children's Museum is the best place I have ever visited for family pictures. We visited with the intent to stay and play for two hours or so, and we ended up staying for four hours! I brought my wife and daughter here. From the beginning, you enter an area with fun, interesting, and different things to do that surround and excite you. My advice is only to let your child tell you where they want to go.
We followed my daughter from activity to attraction to play set to puzzle and it was the most relaxing family day-trip we have ever taken.
Every area is a new opportunity for more pictures and fun, so remember to bring your camera or install Instagram on your smartphone!
I highly recommend this place!

Visited March 2012
Flossmoor, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“Great place to spend the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wow, only sorry I waited until my oldest was nine to take her here. What a great place for kids of all ages. Creative and imaginative play inspired throughout the museum. My daughter and I enjoyed every exhibit. I have a two month old now and will plan a return trip in the spring. Far drive from Flossmoor but worth the trip. I gave it a four on value as it would be good to offer a lower rate for toddlers or a two for one deal on certain days. A four on sights as sometimes it was a bit dark inside though we went on a rainy day.