“Friendly hotel, great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1847 West Diehl Road, Naperville, IL 60563 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
Glendale AZ
“Friendly hotel, great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were forced to make last minute hotel arraingments due to a family funeral. Fairfield staff was more than accomodating. Our flight from Phoenix didn't arrive in Chicago until midnight, and by the time we picked up our rental car and got to the hotel it was 2:30 AM. Knowing Marriott like I do, I knew the front desk staff would be helpful, and I was not disappointed.The hotel itself was spotless and our room very comfortable. The only disappointing factor was breakfast. Yuk! Typical breakfast of overly salty powdered eggs. I also found some curdled milk in the refrigerator. Overall I'd give this hotel 4 stars, and will continue to stay at Marriotts whenever I can.

Room Tip: This hotel is located just off of the tollway, so if traffic noise keeps you awake, choose another h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Danville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night July 13, 2013. We found it to be nice and clean. It was newly renovated and I have no idea what it was like before. It's in great shape now.

Negatives: 1. Front desk clerk gave us keys to a room that was occupied. Glad they had the security lock on. 2. The A/C fan ran all the time. This was not so bad as it acted like white noise.

We had a King Suite. It was roomy and everything was brand new. There are two TVs though they are only 15 feet apart and there's no room divider. There is a nice work desk and chair along with a sofa bed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good size.

There is a pool and hot tub though we did not use them. There is free breakfast and a Cracker Barrel right next door.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
West of Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Naperville was comfortable, fairly quiet, and uneventful - all good things when you are just looking for a place to stay to get a night's sleep, take a shower, and get a bite to eat on the way out in the morning. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spic and span. There was a slight amount of road noise from the freeway but it only became audible after I awakened - it did not prevent me from staying asleep.

The breakfast was actually a little better than I expected - the coffee was rich like I like it and there were a variety of fresh pastries, fruit, and even some biscuit-bacon-egg sandwiches that you heat in the microwave. The bacon was a little "stringy" but not intolerable.

All-in-all a good stay and as long as the price continues to be very competitive I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a pleasant stay here and the staff here ensured that I had a good experience. However, at this time there is a renovation going on in the hotel. There is limited parking in front of the hotel and a few out of that were taken up by the construction. Breakfast options were good, rooms were clean and spacious. One other issue was that the hotel is hard to find. It is behind a few offices and there is no proper signage to get to it. So I had to go around a couple of times. I have given the property a 3/5 only because of the renovation going on and the fact that it is hard to find, else it qualifies for a 4/5. Once the renovation is done, it would be a good hotel to stay I guess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I found the staff/customer service at this hotel to be super. It was great walking in and seeing your name printed at the desk welcoming you as a rewards member. Unlike other posts here, I did not hear my neighbors. I was in room 311, which is a suite, usual Fairfield Inn standard. The hotel 'appeared' to be very clean and when I checked out, I stated I'd returrn again. However, I'm not so sure now.

I stayed one night - June 15. I woke up at midnight and from the light of the television, I saw something crawling in the bed inches from my face. I had some kleenex under my pillow and I used it to grab whatever it was. I jumped up, cut the light on in the bedroom and called to the front desk stating there was a roach in my room and I needed someone to come up now. It took about 10 minutes and the gentleman arrived wearing a glove. I told him what happened, handed him the tissue, and told him I wanted to be moved to a different room.

He looked inside the tissue --- let me forestate, we were in the living room, the light in there was not on, and I never looked inside the tissue as I CANNOT stand bugs...he looked inside the tissue and whatever it was was still alive. He smashed it and said it was not a roach, but a silverfish that probably came in thru the window (I didn't have the window open but maybe the prior guest did). He assured me that the hotel was clean and silverfishes were not roaches. He said it was just a bug that somehow got thru the window. He said he would put a credit on my account for the upset and left.

I believed him and managed to settle down after spending the next 30 minutes itching (positive it was psychological from this bug incident). When I received the printout of my bill, no credit was given. I said nothing, that was fine with me as my thought was a hotel can't help what might come in through the window and thank God it wasn't a roach. As well, I'm enrolled in a stay 2 get 1 night free so if they credit part of my stay, this is a wasted stay for the promotion, and in that case I'd rather have the stay.

PROBLEM: Walking out the hotel door behind me was an exterminator (Ecolab). Hmmm, was it a roach or a silverfish? Well today I was having lunch at Navy Pier and I happened to meet a manager at a different Fairfield Inn (not suites). I told him about what happened, he said I should've looked at the bug because at his property, staff would be fired for confirming it was a roach. He said 'really, what was he going to say, yeah it's a roach, what would that do to the propery.' He said his property would have credited the entire stay. I told him I'd only asked to be transferred to another room but that didn't occur since staff said it wasn't a roach. He was adamant that the stay should've been credited. I advised I didn't want the stay credited or a portion of the stay credited as I needed the stay for the promotion. He advised that if I would have said that to Naperville's staff, they would have/should have given me 10k points. He said his GM gives 20k points because she doesn't want a bad GSS (GSS or GSM, can't remember which one he said and he didn't explain what it was) but most just give 10k.

After this conversation, I came home and looked up silverfish on wiki. They are brown and do resemble roaches - especially in the dark. However, wiki says they are wingless so now I'm wondering how it got through the window AND I'm still wondering why was the exterminator there.

I'm unsettled now about how I really feel about this stay and whether or not I will return. I'm trying to be fair by giving it an average.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Monterrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Even when we stayed at the first floor (very near the pool) we didn't hear any noise. The room was very clean, 5 pillows in each bed, nice and clean carpet, bathroom ok, tv ok. My 7 year old kid was very happy swimming in the pool and I was even more happy in the spa, I really recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for a quick 2 night get away to Naperville. The hotel itself was fine - the room was clean, good Internet connectivity, decent breakfast. My negative comments are as follows:
1. On the first morning they had a low fat granola cereal but the second day they only had sugary kid friendly cereal 2. I was under the impression that the rooms were suites but we only had a standard room. It wasn't a big deal but I paid a few dollars more for this hotel over the other Fairfield Inn in Naperville so was disappointed 3. It is a bit difficult to find. We came in from 59 and the only sign from Diehl is a very small blue lodging sign with several hotels listed. We missed it the first time. 4. It is not as convenient to downtown as other hotels. 5. There is no fitness center.

With all that being said, if you want a basic hotel to sleep at it serves it's purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora? Share your experiences!