“Nice hotel, away from downtown Naperville area” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Naperville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Groveland, Illinois
“Nice hotel, away from downtown Naperville area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The room was great, reminded me of a nicer Westin. Soaking tub was fabulous, bathroom spacious. I love places that offer turndown service. I don't like having to call for ice, though. It took 3 calls and a half hour. Room service was pretty good. Beds comfortable. They offered lemon infused water in the lobby, which I loved. A couple times I had to wait a LONG time for someone to valet my car. At one point I just left my car out front and gave the keys to the person at the front desk. Oddly, got a call 45 minutes later wondering if I wanted my car valeted and did I have the keys...
The restaurant, despite being pretty empty (and good reviews) was only fair at best.
I thought the hotel was a little pricey. It isn't the Four Seasons! There aren't any "nice" hotels in the area...you are either staying at a cheap hotel or this place. I haven't ever been to this area before, or I might have liked to stay closer to the darling downtown area in Naperville, where you can walk to tons of quaint shops and restaurants. Hotel Arista is about 15 minutes from that area. There is literally nothing near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This Hotel is very sleek and modern. Right when you walk in, there is a elegant bar/restaurant that have a great selection of drinks available.

I was here for a wedding and we had delicious hors d'oeuvres. The ballroom was decorated so beautifully. The dinner options were NY strip or stuffed chicked, mashed potatoes and cooked carrots, which were all delicious. Not over cooked or dried out.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and was a very special wedding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My sister lives in downtown Naperville and I live in Barrington. I first stayed at this hotel last fall when my sister hosted a fashion show at the Arista. I loved the hotel last fall, and I love it even more (only because I had more time to spend here). The location is great (right off the highway and at the gateway to Naperville). The suites are spacious, with a huge soaking tub, awesome shower, and great under the counter storage in the bathroom. The bed and bedding were very comfortable and I slept great. Both the bedroom and the living room have great t.v.s, and the bathroom has a t.v. built into the mirror.

The customer service, room service, shuttle service and gym are all outstanding. I loved the fresh fruit (nice variety and perfectly ripened) at the front desk. Sam was very welcoming and got me checked in in no time (which I love). The room service was so accommodating and arrived exactly when they said they would (and we requested two separate delivery times) and the food was amazing and they took care of our special requests, no problem. The gym actually had Precor equipment (which I like much better than the typical LifeFitness or something you have never heard of), and was immaculate, not crowded, and had everything you could want in a workout.

We were in downtown Naperville for dinner and the shuttle came and picked us up and brought us home. Great hotel in every way. .

I can't wait to go back for the fashion show in September.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very spacious and have great views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times now! I travel for business and must say not only is the decor lovely so is the staff and very accommodating as well..The Spa is perfect, carrying only top of the line products! I received an amazing skin treatment while I was there, that left my skin so bright! From the time you walk in to the time you leave the level of service is consistent and truly an outstanding experience!!!!

Love, love this place:)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked this hotel because of its high reviews. After a flight delay, we got to Naperville at 10pm. I booked a double, feather free room. Feathers give my daughter and myself asthma attacks. The front desk told us that they were unable to accommodate us- their feather free rooms were taken. They suggested that, if we got to the hotel earlier and put "medically necessary" on the reservation, there would have been something they could have done. We spent the next 1 hour and 15 minutes waiting at the bar with our two young children as they scrambled to make a room feather free. Having had no dinner, we asked if there was a grocery store nearby. They said none were open that late. They next day, we found a 24-hour grocery less than 2 miles from the hotel. They offered us free valet to compensate for our troubles. When we got to the room (11:30pm), we were still waiting on some of our bags. At midnight, my husband went searching for them. The front desk stuck them in a back office and forgot about them. The room is cool and modern. However, there were sticky patches on the bathroom tiles and dried food on the floor. I would have just preferred clean to modern. On the plus side, the beds are comfortable. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had to leave our home as our wood floors were being refinished. We chose the Arista because we had stayed here before and it was great then. This time we stayed for 3 nights and the stay was fantastic. the staff was outstanding and the room was great. We had an upper corner suite. There was a fantastic thunderstorm that night and the lighting show was fun to watch. I'd stay here before any other hotel in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently held a business conference at the Hotel Arista for our company's top executives, many traveling in from out of state. We had many compliments from those who stayed at the hotel, and those just attending the meeting. The meeting space was modern and beautiful, well set up. Definitely a step above other facilities in the area that we had investigated. We served both breakfast and lunch and both were excellent. This was the second time we have used Hotel Arista for a corporate event, and both times we found the facilities and service to be outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Barb H, Director of Sales at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Good Morning, Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write the review . Please know that these reviews are so important to the team who strive each and everyday to make each guest have a great and effoortless experience.Have a great day!

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!