“Fantastic hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vienna
“Fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We spent a long weekend at the Arista and were very sad to leave! The hotel looks new with all the modern amenities but with a comfortable feel. The guest room was extremely spacious with a huge king size bed and a beautiful bathroom with a large walk in shower. The amenities were high end, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the turndown service made the evening return an enjoyable experience. The gym was large and spacious with aerobic machines, free weights, and equipment, including a fitness training room and full time fitness trainer on hand. Unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy the spa but it seemed to offer a nice array of massages. It was a great place to stay and I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Worth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family has enjoyed stays at this hotel on multiple occasions. We are currently in the process of planning a bachelorette party and called to see if we could tour the larger suites. Staff member Rebecca did a wonderful job showing us what would work best for our group. She was professional and personable. Her information about the hotel and the surrounding area was extremely helpful. Thank you Rebecca!!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I spent a few night at this hotel for business, so I did not get to indulge in the finer amenities. It is a very high quality creation and well laid out. Quite compact actually. I enjoyed the lobby bar and restaurant and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. l did not expect to find such a nice hotel at a reasonable price in an office park setting. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The second floor is the main thorough fare through the building so be a few floors above it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My daughter and I stayed for three nights May 2-4 2014 for my daughters graduation from Ashford University College. We made it a mother daughter mini vacation. We were pampered and treated like royalty from the staff from the time we arrived until the time we left. The room was exquisite and very stylish. The TV in the mirror in the bathroom was way too cool. The bathroom looked like a spa!!! I would definitely stay again and would like to bring my husband this time.

Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been wanting to stay at this property for quite a while. When I had a meeting nearby on a Monday morning, it prompted me to finally go ahead and book a night.I browsed the website prior to my stay. I have to say that the hotel comes off as very pretentious online, in their confirmation letters and a bit in person. I'm not saying this is bad; it's a beautiful property with many thoughful details. The marketing makes it seem like this property caters to the rich and famous, so much so, that maybe "average joes" are not so welcome. Maybe it does, however, first of all, it's Naperville, not even downtown Chicago. I feel it could be made less pretentious and more "warm", or "we will make you feel like you are rich and famous". What this hotel really likely caters to are business guests, as it is located in CityGate Center, and surrounded by all corporate businesses. Aside from their cafe and bar, you cannot walk anywhere....you have to drive, and downtown Naperville is a 15 minute drive. This is PERFECT for the corporate guests who do business in the CityGate Center or in one of the businesses along Warrenville Road.

I figured it it was so fabulous, maybe there would be a doorman or someone there to ask if we wanted help with our luggage. There were neither. There was a podium though, where that person must usually be posted. When we walked in, I did like that the front desk person was not standing behind the desk but more forward in the lobby, as if to welcome you. But it was fine for us, and we were checked in quickly and given a room on the top floor, facing the parking deck.

I was mostly interested in the boutique atmosphere, but was also very interested in visiting because the property is LEED certified and it's tough to do in a hotel, so I wanted to see what types of green features the Arista uses that are noticably different than other hotels. One of my favorite chain brands so far are the Element hotels by Westin, because they are, by design, very eco-friendly, and this property used similar tactics such as the use of a lot of glass, more tile and less carpet, LED all over the place, and less disposables - no plastic cups here!

The Room
- spacious
- lots of counter/desk space
- windows open!
- bathroom was spacious with a narrow, deep soaking tub w/shower handle, separate glass stall shower and the toilet was in its own little room...sink vanity was spacious
- love the Molton Brown bath products and the comfy bath robe
- partial couch with lots of pillows
- high quality brushed steel ice bucket w/tongs
- I actually really enjoyed the mattress

The "Little Things" that I thought were awesome:
- The black "makeup towel" in the bathroom...helps keep their white towels white and ladies don't have to worry about getting makeup on the towels
- drawer space in the bathroom
- "mood lighting" in the bathroom
- high efficiency toilet
- low-flow (but more than adequate) shower head (why isn't the bathroom faucet equipped with a low-flow aerator?)
- the built-in TV IN THE MIRROR.
- lots of glass, wood and tile
- real glasses in the bathroom and in the room
- the "sleeping mask" that you can hang from your door knob to indicate do not disturb
- the little reusable bags used for the newspapers that the hang on your door so you don't have to bend down
- each floor has a large ice water dispenser infused with fresh fruit plus real glasses
- the VOIP phone screen displays your name
- instead of using little cards for the "reuse your towels" and "reuse your sheets" signage, they use reusable coasters on the nightstand and on the bathroom counter
-Nosh Bar menu - this hotel doesn't have vending machines or ice machines. You have to order it...which partially is nice, but then again, when people bring things, you really have to tip. However, what better than to be able to order Oreo's and cookies in the middle of the night? The Nosh Bar menu is located with the room service menus and includes all kinds of snacks and drinks
- many options for lighting in the room. Night light above the bed, reading lamps, desk lamps, floor lamps. There is a main switch at the door which allows you to "turn off all" of the lights at one time, and then when you come back, turn them back on the way you had it before so you don't have to turn each light off and on
- I loved that they had a large lighted mirror on the vanity with a magnifying side.
- #1 "little thing" that impressed me was that they artfully twisted a piece of tissue in the peephole in the door, on purpose, to show that yes, they even cleaned the peephole.

We did pre-order room service breakfast. It came right on time and was very good. I didn't feel the prices were as outrageous as many. For example, Eggs Benedict was $14. Egg white fritata was about the same. For dinner, you can order an organic cheeseburger with bacon and fries for $14. The room service is $3-$4 plus 20%. Twenty minutes after our food had arrived, we received a call from room service making sure everything was OK and whether we needed anything else, which I felt was a nice touch. That helps solve issues before they happen. I wished guest services has done that a few minutes after we checked in.

There were only three areas for improvement that I saw.
1) the carpet in the room is very low pile and dark. You can definitely see along the walls, furniture and along the edges of the bed where dust has collected and housekeeping isn't using attachments to vacuum alongside.
2) about an hour after we checked in, a housekeeper knocked on the door asking if we needed ice or turndown service. Personally, I do not like to be bothered in person after I check into a hotel, I would rather they call or ask us at check-in...but, to their credit, I did not put the "do not disturb" mask on the door.
3) when I recieved my e-mail confirmation for the room, they indicated that I could personalize my stay by choosing up to two special amenities. For example, it noted that I could choose from five different pillow choices. I had a cervical injury a year ago so I thought it was great that I could choose a cervical support pillow. I did not take my pillow with me, and fortunately, I'm OK for one night without it. There was no special pillow in the room. I can't remember what the other special amenity was, I think it was a local paper, and I did receive a paper in the morning. I would think this property which promotes that our stay would be so "effortless" would at least contact me or let me know at check in that my amenity choice is not available.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I was in Naperville, depending on what I was doing. If I was going just for leisure, I'd probably see if there was something closer to downtown first, but I think this is a great property. Maybe I didn't feel as luxurious or welcome by the staff because they weren't busy. On Monday morning I had to leave for my meeting and I came back by check-out time and there was definitely more buzz going on in the lobby areas and more staff standing around. If this property was in downtown Chicago, it would definitely be a great contender, but I would like to tell them not to forget about the average joes in their marketing because it's not THAT luxurious, and the rate says that. Our rate was $109, mind you, that is a Sunday night when business is dead. At that rate, I think this would be a fantastic Sunday anniversary surprise or gift for someone who wants to have a quiet place to relax and take a fantastic bubble bath and be pampered.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful lobby with welcoming and friendly staff. Well appointed spacious room. Has a Eurasian feel to it. Bathroom is a wonder. Lighting takes a few minutes to figure out. A few things detract from the overall "wow" of the place; parking garage behind, wake up alarm does not work, reading lamp inoperable. All minor and would not keep us from staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stay here often for a night or two when travelling on business. This hotel fits the bill perfectly. Room service, clean rooms, great beds, friendly staff - almost everything you need. Good breakfast (though not free) and decent dining options as well. Nothing extraordinary....but no unpleasant surprises either. Efficient, as they say.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!