“Friendly business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Naperville
Zurich, Switzerland
“Friendly business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a very welcoming hotel with really comfortable spacious rooms at a very reasonable price. Breakfast choice is great and there is a free shuttle to local areas. Chicago airport is only a 20- 30 minute car journey away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Anna,
I am very appreciative that you took time out of your day to provide valuable feedback from your stay. I am also very happy to hear that you found Hotel Arista to be a good value, as we strive to provide our guests with the very best services and amenities possible. I am glad that you found the hotel to be welcoming; as our staff works very hard to make sure that every guest has an effortless experience. I sincerely look forward to having the opportunity to accommodating you again in the future. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you!

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, friendly staff, good room sizes with ample bathroom facilities and clean. Decent supply of toiletries, coffee etc. Would stay again if I were just visiting Naperville (hotel shuttle takes and collects for free) or had a car but otherwise cabs can add up. Slightly isolated position.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Georgina,
Thank you so much for your review of Hotel Arista. It is greatly appreciated by the entire team, as is your feedback. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, and I am happy to hear that you would stay with us again. Our shuttle is available for our guests to utilize anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel; however, we do have multiple dining options here on our campus. There is plenty of great shopping nearby as well that our shuttle is able to take guests to and from, should you be looking for shopping nearby. I would be happy to discuss any other feedback you may have, and look forward to accommodating you again in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I visited Hotel Arista as a part of a fun weekend trip to Chicago. The Hotel Staff greeted us Friday night with a polite smile and good humor - glad to have us there. It was nice. The room it self was clean and the bathroom was actually a delight and reminded us of much more expensive rooms that we had stayed at in the past. The furniture was nice and there were plenty of outlets for charging various and sundry devices.

However, on line our Deluxe Corner King Room describe as having "Two walls of windows that provide incredible views and abundant natural light" and "Tech-savvy amenities touch-control lighting" was a little lacking. We had one wall of windows with a view of the gravel roof, an industrial air conditioner, and the wall of the parking ramp which looked directly into our third floor room. Perhaps on higher floors the rooms actually had two walls of "incredible views" our had no such thing.

As for the "tech-savvy amenities". We walked in and could only turn on half the lights. The main floor lamp in the room never worked and the separate reading lamp on my side of the bed wouldn't turn on. The television turned on and would stay on about 75% of the time, often it would simply turn itself off before it ever warmed up. I'm not sure what was going on with it, but it ended up being a game we played - would the TV turn on this time or not? Interestingly enough, the TV built into the mirror in the bathroom worked much more consistently.

The bed was a bit firm for my tastes, and my wife thought that all of the pillows were too big and firm. She slept without one.

Room Tip: If you go for the "Deluxe Corner King", don't accept the one on the third floor - the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay, and thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff. With regards to your room, I apologize that your room did not have a view that met your expectations, and that there were some issues with the lighting and TV. Your feedback is invaluable, and it allows us to continue to improve our accommodations and services each and every day. Our rooms are inspected daily, and I sincerely apologize if there was a light that was not functioning. Our TVs are scheduled to have a software upgrade at the end of the month, so I can assure you that moving forward there will no longer be any issues with the television not working properly. Again, I sincerely apologize that you encountered these issues during your stay, and I sincerely thank you for sharing them. If you would like to discuss any details of your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, and I hope that any and all of your future stays will be effortless.
Countryside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a modern oasis in a desert of hotels. Love to go there for special occasions such as birthdays, valentine, just a place to getaway with my wife. Best part is that we can order the best massages even in the middle of the night. Rest and awake the next day to a fantastic breakfast in bed. This is the Best Hotel in the Chicago Western suburbs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Errol,
Thank you for your glowing review of Hotel Arista! We love being your oasis, and look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you and your wife. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you for special occasions, and look forward to the next time that we are able to welcome you back. If there is ever anything that I can do, please feel free to contact me! Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated by the entire Hotel Arista team!
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here this past weekend one night for a get away. I originally had reserved a King Standard room, but decided on upgrading to a King suite which is advertised as:
"Oversized corner rooms are appointed with one king bed and feature two dramatic walls of windows that provide incredible views and abundant natural light." Now this upgrade was an additional $30 which I really didn't mind paying due to the hope of having incredible views. I was put on the 5th floor with a view of the side of the parking garage and a view inside of an office building next store. :( Not exactly the views I was hoping for. Not even a decent view out of one of the two huge windows. Very disappointed. I should have stayed with the cheaper room.

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade to a room with a view, make sure you are actually getting a view of something...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for providing your valuable feedback from your stay with us, and I am disappointed to hear that the view from your room was not satisfactory. We do have suites that provide incredible views of the area, and I sincerely apologize that the view from your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to make sure that your expectations are exceeded in every aspect. For future reference, any aspect of your stay that is important to you is equally important to us. I would be glad to note on your profile that the view from the room is important to you, and I can assure you that moving forward you will be assigned rooms with the best possible view. If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is crisp, new, modern, and overall very enjoyable. But there were a few issues that kept it from being entirely enjoyable.

First and foremost, the fitness room. I went down both mornings of my stay, at 6:30 am. The fitness room is actually not part of the hotel property. So there are training sessions happening in there. The personal trainers are loud, rude, obnoxious... The satanic, metallic, LOUD music requires earplugs. Complaints to the trainers elicit blank stares. (i.e. they don't give a damn) The trainees are grunting, screaming, dancing, singing... It's like a 70's rock concert in there.

The other issue is hot water. When you want to take a shower, plan on turning on the hot water at least 5 minutes prior to shower time. Because that's how long it takes for hot water to reach your room.

The irons don't work. They are the cheapest things ever. I requested that another be brought to the room, and it was as bad as the first one. They both dripped water all over my dress pants that I was wearing for a meeting, and left spots on the legs. If you are going to stay at this hotel, iron everything before arrival.

Again, the rooms are nice, and the location is convenient next to the Interstate. But if you want to use the fitness room, or iron any clothes, or take a hot shower, just beware of these issues. They are annoying, and may make me think twice about staying here again. Certainly way below the standards that this hotel is trying to create.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I greatly appreciate your feedback from your stay with us, and I am not pleased to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay. I can assure you that five minutes for hot water is very much out of the ordinary at Hotel Arista, and I apologize sincerely that you had to experience that. I have personally followed up on all of the issues that you experienced to make sure that no future guests will have similar issues. Again, I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay, and if you would like to discuss them further, please feel free to contact me directly. You are correct that the issues you encountered are below the standards at Hotel Arista, and I can assure you that these issues are not regular occurrences. I apologize that you were unable to experience the effortless luxury that is the norm at Hotel Arista, and should you choose to stay with us again I can assure you that we will go to every length to ensure your stay is flawless. Please accept my sincere apologies, and thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I have spent two weekends at the Hotel Arista and have found it to be elegant and comfortable. The rooms are decorated well and the amenities are priceless. Staff is well informed and courteous. A trip into Naperville is romantic and fun. And when you return, the bed is heavenly! We also utilized the spa for a couples massage and were greatly pleased with the services.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Hotel Arista. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with myself and others, and I am elated to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed your past stays. We will continue to improve our amenities and services, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again!

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!