“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Naperville
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, friendly staff, good room sizes with ample bathroom facilities and clean. Decent supply of toiletries, coffee etc. Would stay again if I were just visiting Naperville (hotel shuttle takes and collects for free) or had a car but otherwise cabs can add up. Slightly isolated position.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Georgina,
Thank you so much for your review of Hotel Arista. It is greatly appreciated by the entire team, as is your feedback. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, and I am happy to hear that you would stay with us again. Our shuttle is available for our guests to utilize anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel; however, we do have multiple dining options here on our campus. There is plenty of great shopping nearby as well that our shuttle is able to take guests to and from, should you be looking for shopping nearby. I would be happy to discuss any other feedback you may have, and look forward to accommodating you again in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I visited Hotel Arista as a part of a fun weekend trip to Chicago. The Hotel Staff greeted us Friday night with a polite smile and good humor - glad to have us there. It was nice. The room it self was clean and the bathroom was actually a delight and reminded us of much more expensive rooms that we had stayed at in the past. The furniture was nice and there were plenty of outlets for charging various and sundry devices.

However, on line our Deluxe Corner King Room describe as having "Two walls of windows that provide incredible views and abundant natural light" and "Tech-savvy amenities touch-control lighting" was a little lacking. We had one wall of windows with a view of the gravel roof, an industrial air conditioner, and the wall of the parking ramp which looked directly into our third floor room. Perhaps on higher floors the rooms actually had two walls of "incredible views" our had no such thing.

As for the "tech-savvy amenities". We walked in and could only turn on half the lights. The main floor lamp in the room never worked and the separate reading lamp on my side of the bed wouldn't turn on. The television turned on and would stay on about 75% of the time, often it would simply turn itself off before it ever warmed up. I'm not sure what was going on with it, but it ended up being a game we played - would the TV turn on this time or not? Interestingly enough, the TV built into the mirror in the bathroom worked much more consistently.

The bed was a bit firm for my tastes, and my wife thought that all of the pillows were too big and firm. She slept without one.

Room Tip: If you go for the "Deluxe Corner King", don't accept the one on the third floor - the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay, and thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff. With regards to your room, I apologize that your room did not have a view that met your expectations, and that there were some issues with the lighting and TV. Your feedback is invaluable, and it allows us to continue to improve our accommodations and services each and every day. Our rooms are inspected daily, and I sincerely apologize if there was a light that was not functioning. Our TVs are scheduled to have a software upgrade at the end of the month, so I can assure you that moving forward there will no longer be any issues with the television not working properly. Again, I sincerely apologize that you encountered these issues during your stay, and I sincerely thank you for sharing them. If you would like to discuss any details of your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, and I hope that any and all of your future stays will be effortless.
Countryside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a modern oasis in a desert of hotels. Love to go there for special occasions such as birthdays, valentine, just a place to getaway with my wife. Best part is that we can order the best massages even in the middle of the night. Rest and awake the next day to a fantastic breakfast in bed. This is the Best Hotel in the Chicago Western suburbs.

Dear Errol,
Thank you for your glowing review of Hotel Arista! We love being your oasis, and look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you and your wife. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you for special occasions, and look forward to the next time that we are able to welcome you back. If there is ever anything that I can do, please feel free to contact me! Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated by the entire Hotel Arista team!
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here this past weekend one night for a get away. I originally had reserved a King Standard room, but decided on upgrading to a King suite which is advertised as:
"Oversized corner rooms are appointed with one king bed and feature two dramatic walls of windows that provide incredible views and abundant natural light." Now this upgrade was an additional $30 which I really didn't mind paying due to the hope of having incredible views. I was put on the 5th floor with a view of the side of the parking garage and a view inside of an office building next store. :( Not exactly the views I was hoping for. Not even a decent view out of one of the two huge windows. Very disappointed. I should have stayed with the cheaper room.

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade to a room with a view, make sure you are actually getting a view of something...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for providing your valuable feedback from your stay with us, and I am disappointed to hear that the view from your room was not satisfactory. We do have suites that provide incredible views of the area, and I sincerely apologize that the view from your room did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to make sure that your expectations are exceeded in every aspect. For future reference, any aspect of your stay that is important to you is equally important to us. I would be glad to note on your profile that the view from the room is important to you, and I can assure you that moving forward you will be assigned rooms with the best possible view. If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is crisp, new, modern, and overall very enjoyable. But there were a few issues that kept it from being entirely enjoyable.

First and foremost, the fitness room. I went down both mornings of my stay, at 6:30 am. The fitness room is actually not part of the hotel property. So there are training sessions happening in there. The personal trainers are loud, rude, obnoxious... The satanic, metallic, LOUD music requires earplugs. Complaints to the trainers elicit blank stares. (i.e. they don't give a damn) The trainees are grunting, screaming, dancing, singing... It's like a 70's rock concert in there.

The other issue is hot water. When you want to take a shower, plan on turning on the hot water at least 5 minutes prior to shower time. Because that's how long it takes for hot water to reach your room.

The irons don't work. They are the cheapest things ever. I requested that another be brought to the room, and it was as bad as the first one. They both dripped water all over my dress pants that I was wearing for a meeting, and left spots on the legs. If you are going to stay at this hotel, iron everything before arrival.

Again, the rooms are nice, and the location is convenient next to the Interstate. But if you want to use the fitness room, or iron any clothes, or take a hot shower, just beware of these issues. They are annoying, and may make me think twice about staying here again. Certainly way below the standards that this hotel is trying to create.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I greatly appreciate your feedback from your stay with us, and I am not pleased to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay. I can assure you that five minutes for hot water is very much out of the ordinary at Hotel Arista, and I apologize sincerely that you had to experience that. I have personally followed up on all of the issues that you experienced to make sure that no future guests will have similar issues. Again, I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay, and if you would like to discuss them further, please feel free to contact me directly. You are correct that the issues you encountered are below the standards at Hotel Arista, and I can assure you that these issues are not regular occurrences. I apologize that you were unable to experience the effortless luxury that is the norm at Hotel Arista, and should you choose to stay with us again I can assure you that we will go to every length to ensure your stay is flawless. Please accept my sincere apologies, and thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I have spent two weekends at the Hotel Arista and have found it to be elegant and comfortable. The rooms are decorated well and the amenities are priceless. Staff is well informed and courteous. A trip into Naperville is romantic and fun. And when you return, the bed is heavenly! We also utilized the spa for a couples massage and were greatly pleased with the services.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Hotel Arista. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with myself and others, and I am elated to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed your past stays. We will continue to improve our amenities and services, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hubby and I wanted to watch the Oscar Ceremony in style this year so we booked an overnight stay at the Hotel Arista in Naperville. The hotel has a very snazzy website with great room photos and a spa so that was good enough to entice us out of the house in the snow.

Right from the reservation I made with a super friendly, knowledgeable and fun reservation agent (who really was spectacular), and the amiable greeting of the valet and front desk, it felt like a friendly place for the most part. Now before I go on with some nit picky details, I want to say up front that Hubby and I had a good time and will probably return and recommend it to our friends. The spa and fashionable room décor is worth repeated visits!

Room service guy was gruff (and their practice of adding 20% tip and then leaving a tip line blank should have made him happy -- we mistakenly ended up tipping him $30 on two deliveries!) Their in house restaurant is called Sugar Toad (apparently after a fish?). Sugar Toad staff were definitely not having a good day. You could tell they were miserable and that it was very difficult for them to muster a smile, so who knows what was going on there when we showed up. Service was just sort of take your order, bring your food and bring the bill. We ended up greeting guests from our table as they arrived and saying "they'll be right out", etc. Too funny! People left after waiting a while. The Sugar Toad restaurant was bleak and the tables were overused and really need a resanding/restaining. Their idea of décor was Guinness beer glasses on the table and a framed Guinness beer ad – oh well, it was around St. Pat’s day, I guess. Service was terrible. It took 30 minutes for my husband to get the specialty mimosa they suggested to go with brunch and by that time we were done eating. They could use a couple of paintings in that restaurant and someone to dress the top of the serving station (not just with some poor little blowfish sitting next to three chunks of salt and a completely incongruous ugly venetian glass uglyfish. I get the design scheme but that restaurant was completely lifeless and dull looking compared to the rest of the hotel. But on the good side, we both had a “bento box” bunch plate which had the most delicious duck sausage I ever had (okay I’ve never had duck sausage before but this was incredibly good). The “box” (actually a neat four compartment plate) also had blueberry pancakes (one was totally burnt but the other was pretty good), a neat little individual omlette with some snazzy chutney on top and a frozen, chocolate covered banana – I kid you not. Haha, it was a different treat and although it wasn’t all super delicious was different enough that we were just happy trying it.

We went to watch the Oscars on a nice big screen in-room tv. The TV in the room was very nice but they also had one in the mirror in the bathroom. A neat novelty but unwatchable in our room because it had broken speakers which caused so much distortion it was impossible to watch. We asked the front desk to fix and they said they would send a mechanic up while we were at the spa but it was exactly the same when we returned so I doubt anyone came up. We also felt the price versus the amount of food received on the room service snack menu was absolutely terrible. We ordered 2 orders of popcorn and 1 of chips, 2 waters and 2 ginger ales and the total was like $47. The chips were two of the bags you get at Costco in a pack of like 24 for 8 bucks and the "two orders of popcorn" consisted of the same volume of popcorn you’d find in the contents of a bag of microwave popcorn. Considering we spent over $600 on our overnight stay (with spa, restaurant eating and room service) that really felt like a complete rip off.

The spa was one of the nicest spas we’ve ever been in. Their waiting/relaxation room was off the charts with a huge fireplace, lovely chaise lounges, cucumber and orange water, dried fruits, yogurt covered raisins, and a relaxing floor to ceiling fountain. Hubby and I just wanted to stay there all day! Changing rooms were gorgeous and nicely decorated and because the hotel is owned by a Greek family, there were nice blown up photos of Greece scattered throughout the changing area. A whimsical touch was the painting in the relaxation room. A tourist falling in love with a Grecian Caryatid (that’s one of those columns made to resemble a goddess). What made it whimsical to us was that at the feet of the statue, the tourist had put down his can of Coke (so I guess Belushi was right, it’s always “No pepsi, Coke!” haha).

The couples massage room was gorgeous with twin whirlpool tubs. It was really a great experience and the day we were there, the spa had a special where they allowed us to pick out scents we liked and they custom mixed us the massage oil. When the massage was over, we were given the remaining oil in a bottle with the recipe in case we wanted to recreate it at a later date. Very nice!

The hotel is beautiful and stylish, if a little worn in places and the spa was the best part of the experience. We will probably return because of the spa facilities and the room was very nice. We looked around on tripadvisor at other hotels before booking and the Arista seemed head and shoulders above the others. Hope this helps!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your in-depth feedback regarding your experiences during your stay with us. I greatly appreciate all of your feedback, and I can assure you that your feedback is of the utmost importance. I have personally followed up on multiple items that you have mentioned to ensure that our future guests do not have similar feelings towards Sugartoad, In Room Dining, or our Nosh Menus. I also appreciate your positive feedback on many aspects of the service you received, and especially your wonderful feedback of Arista Spa and Salon. The Spa and Salon have been a wonderful addition to Hotel Arista, and to the CityGate Centre campus. I hope that we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future, and I hope that all of your future stays will be effortless. Thank you once again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naperville
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Naperville
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Hilton Garden Inn Naperville/Warrenville

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!