“Very Comfortable Hotel for Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Naperville
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Very Comfortable Hotel for Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Recently stayed for 3 nights and had an on-site meeting during my visit. Very classy accommodations; enjoyed the soap/spa products in the room as well as the comfy bathrobe to use! Also thumbs up to the workout facility and business center, both of which I found to be better than average for this size hotel. All the staff was very friendly and helpful, and enjoyed a great meal at the restaurant, SugarToad.
This is my company's preferred hotel in the Naperville area, and I look forward to future meetings here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are also looking forward to your future meetings, and greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you. Thank you for your very nice comments about our facilities, and our staff; as it is our goal to provide the best of both to each one of our guests. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to your next stay. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel arista reminded me of the Elysian in downtown Chicago but at about 1/5 of the cost due to the out of the way location. My significant other and I needed a little break from the kids so even though we live close by we stayed over night as a little getaway. We got a deluxe corner suite which was lovely and the price was not painful. The hotel is upscale and customer service was excellent. Nicely decorated, very modern. We enjoyed a lovely stay.

Room Tip: deluxe corner suite with 2 rooms and a high floor (we stayed on the 6th floor) was excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your outstanding feedback about your stay. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, as it is our goal to provide each and every one of our guests with an outstanding experience that exceeds all of their expectations. I hope that next time you would like “a little break” we will have the opportunity to provide you with another restful stay. If you have not already, please check out our new Arista Spa and Salon, as they provide wonderful services that can enhance any stay. I hope that we will see you again soon; and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance. Thank you!
Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is one of -or- possibly the newest hotel in Naperville, Il, a western suburb of the Chicagoland area. It is an extremely nice hotel with rooms that are well done. Very comfortable beds, pillows, etc. The only challenge is that the bath room area has frosted glass walls. If you travel alone that is no issue. And, if you are a couple that goes to bed and wakes up at exactly the same time and sleeps entirely through the night...is no issue. But for us it was an issue. When someone is in the bath room and turns on the light during the night or early in the morning it lights up the entire room. I hope that the Hotel Arista will eventually cover or replace those large frosted glass windows to eliminate this problem as my wife and I really like the Arista and hope to stay there during each of our visits to Naperville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback, and we all greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and your wife. I apologize that the frosted glass in the bathroom was an issue for you, and I can assure you that we are currently looking into options that may eliminate that inconvenience for our future guests. Your feedback is truly invaluable, as it allows us to become better every day. We will continue to strive to be the best hotel around, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back as returning guests. If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed two nights here. It is very easy to access off the highway and an easy 35 minute drive to Chicago midway airport (with plenty of gas stations within the last 2 miles of the airport to fill up before returning the rental car). The rooms are very modern and spacious, well decorated and comfortable. Computer access very good. The bed was very comfortable and all the furniture seemed new and of good quality. Plenty of storage space. Bathroom very modern, even has a flat screen built into the main mirror so you can watch TV there. Large shower and very large separate tub. The only negative about the room was that there was a very large frosted glass wall that separated the bathroom from the rest of the room. It is quite opaque so you can't see anything at all through it. But even with the low wattage light that shines under the sink counter a visitor to the bathroom at night will light up the bedroom. I think they should provide a shade or curtain to block the light. This is a case of chic style creating a functional issue.
There is a nice gym available and also a spa, which we did not try.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. There is free parking either outside or in an attached garage. There are several restaurants attached to the hotel - we tried both the coffee shop and the main restaurant for breakfast and had good meals. We were very pleased with our stay and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your experience with us. I am very appreciative of all of your positive feedback from your stay. I thank you for your comments regarding our staff, as we truly strive to provide every one of our guests with service that is second to none. I also appreciate your feedback on the room design, as it is feedback such as this that allows us to identify our areas for improvement. We will continue to improve our hotel, and service every day; and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed at the Arista 4 times and have always enjoyed my stay. They provide shuttle service (SUV & van) to most of the restaurants in the area and office buildings. It's an upscale hotel that is in a commercial area that is still developing. It's similar to a Sofitel. The Front desk staff told me it's owned by a commercial developer in the area who wanted an alternative to his clients flying in to Chicago and then shuttling out to the Naperville area for meetings, etc. If that's true, it seems like they're on the right track. There is a hair salon, pub, and coffee & gelato shop available in the building and a nice restaurant across the parking lot that is ideal for big groups. Room was spacious, not much of a view since it's in suburbia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback from your stay. We do strive to provide our guests with every service that they may need in order to experience an Effortless stay. We will continue to strive to provide our guests with the best service possible; and the cleanest, most comfortable environments. Thank you again for your great review, and if I can ever personally be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Didn't have a pleasant stay at this hotel , booked the hotel for 3 nights stay when I visited Illinois , arrived late the first night , no one was at front desk 5 minutes later a lady came out from back room and checked me in... the next day around 1 pm I received a phone call from front desk asking me if I wanted to extend my stay since I didn't check out, are you kidding me? I told the lady I'm there for 3 nights not an over night she apologized and told me she won't bother me again ,she thought I was there for one night!!!!! left the hotel to go out for lunch came back and my room key won't work , when downstairs to let them know and sure enough I was checked out by hotel?? really? I fully paid for 3 nights and checked me out for one night??!!! well the front desk fixed the issue by checking me in again.. no apology!!!really I didn't have to go through all that if the hotel staff were organized.. Room was clean and everything else was ok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. This is not the typical experience at Hotel Arista, and I am deeply saddened that you did not have the opportunity to experience the type of service that is customary at our hotel. I would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again, in order to experience the type of service that is customary at Hotel Arista. If you would like to further discuss your stay, or if there is anything that I can do personally in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for several nights. The design was sleek, the staff was friendly and the room spacious and comfortable. They have a lot going for them. I just felt a real disconnect. I wish the hotel would share more information with their guests.

Examples: When I arrived I was asked if I had ever stayed before. I hadn't. First time, I responded. The professional clerk then really did nothing to explain any of the hotel to me. I asked about self parking and was told "just follow the signs". OK, I was able to do that, but the garage is one of the most confusing I have seen. The hotel is attached to a professional building and most of the parking is designated for their clients. It took me about 15 minutes to park upon arrival. If I knew that, I would have gone to valet. No doorman was in the front when I arrived (3pm daytime), so I couldn't even ask him.

After parking and returning to the lobby, the bellman was there with my bag. He asked if I needed assistance upstairs. Sure, I said. On the elevator up, I said I have never been here and will be staying for a few days. When we got to the room, he brought my luggage in and asked me if there was anything else. I said could you tell me a little about the hotel. His one response was that the window opens in my room. It was 15degrees outside.

That is the problem here. The hotel has great features, but as a guest, I had to find them all out for myself. After a day, I noticed I had a mini fridge in my room. Two days and I discovered the great "Go Green" program. It took me three days to find out that they had a business center and ice could only be delivered to your room. In my five days, I could never figure out the TV in the mirror of the bathroom. The hotel has a great fitness center, but it is a long walk from the hotel (or is it? I never found a short cut). The restaurant serves interesting choices. I went on the first day down and talked to one of the waiters. She explained all the menus and hours (there are a lot of them here) and I left feeling a bit dizzy. When I ate there, it was good, but the atomsphere is rather bland and as a diner alone, the waiter never came to me and asked anything after taking my order. Upon check-out, I discovered there were two other restaurants in the area connected to the hotel and I could have charged those meals to my room.

The Arista is an upscale hotel in the area that is well equipped. They supply the guests with a lot of choices. Unfortunately, it seemed to be the guest's job to find them all out. Overall, I give the physical hotel high marks and give the overall experience a below average rating.

Room Tip: Ask as many questions as you can upon arrival, so you can fully experience the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your very insightful review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize, as we did not meet your expectations; nor was your experience up to the extremely high standards here at Hotel Arista. I apologize that we missed opportunities to provide you with the information you needed to truly have an Effortless stay. We are currently planning on placing information in our guestrooms, to allow our guests to have all of the information regarding CityGate Centre Campus at their fingertips. We do have a vast amount of information regarding the options here on campus; we have multiple restaurants, fitness center, spa, gourmet coffee shop, and more. I apologize that this information was not relayed to you during your stay, and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!