“Nice alternative to the usual business travel hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Naperville
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Nice alternative to the usual business travel hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I've stayed at the Arista 4 times and have always enjoyed my stay. They provide shuttle service (SUV & van) to most of the restaurants in the area and office buildings. It's an upscale hotel that is in a commercial area that is still developing. It's similar to a Sofitel. The Front desk staff told me it's owned by a commercial developer in the area who wanted an alternative to his clients flying in to Chicago and then shuttling out to the Naperville area for meetings, etc. If that's true, it seems like they're on the right track. There is a hair salon, pub, and coffee & gelato shop available in the building and a nice restaurant across the parking lot that is ideal for big groups. Room was spacious, not much of a view since it's in suburbia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback from your stay. We do strive to provide our guests with every service that they may need in order to experience an Effortless stay. We will continue to strive to provide our guests with the best service possible; and the cleanest, most comfortable environments. Thank you again for your great review, and if I can ever personally be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Didn't have a pleasant stay at this hotel , booked the hotel for 3 nights stay when I visited Illinois , arrived late the first night , no one was at front desk 5 minutes later a lady came out from back room and checked me in... the next day around 1 pm I received a phone call from front desk asking me if I wanted to extend my stay since I didn't check out, are you kidding me? I told the lady I'm there for 3 nights not an over night she apologized and told me she won't bother me again ,she thought I was there for one night!!!!! left the hotel to go out for lunch came back and my room key won't work , when downstairs to let them know and sure enough I was checked out by hotel?? really? I fully paid for 3 nights and checked me out for one night??!!! well the front desk fixed the issue by checking me in again.. no apology!!!really I didn't have to go through all that if the hotel staff were organized.. Room was clean and everything else was ok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. This is not the typical experience at Hotel Arista, and I am deeply saddened that you did not have the opportunity to experience the type of service that is customary at our hotel. I would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again, in order to experience the type of service that is customary at Hotel Arista. If you would like to further discuss your stay, or if there is anything that I can do personally in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for several nights. The design was sleek, the staff was friendly and the room spacious and comfortable. They have a lot going for them. I just felt a real disconnect. I wish the hotel would share more information with their guests.

Examples: When I arrived I was asked if I had ever stayed before. I hadn't. First time, I responded. The professional clerk then really did nothing to explain any of the hotel to me. I asked about self parking and was told "just follow the signs". OK, I was able to do that, but the garage is one of the most confusing I have seen. The hotel is attached to a professional building and most of the parking is designated for their clients. It took me about 15 minutes to park upon arrival. If I knew that, I would have gone to valet. No doorman was in the front when I arrived (3pm daytime), so I couldn't even ask him.

After parking and returning to the lobby, the bellman was there with my bag. He asked if I needed assistance upstairs. Sure, I said. On the elevator up, I said I have never been here and will be staying for a few days. When we got to the room, he brought my luggage in and asked me if there was anything else. I said could you tell me a little about the hotel. His one response was that the window opens in my room. It was 15degrees outside.

That is the problem here. The hotel has great features, but as a guest, I had to find them all out for myself. After a day, I noticed I had a mini fridge in my room. Two days and I discovered the great "Go Green" program. It took me three days to find out that they had a business center and ice could only be delivered to your room. In my five days, I could never figure out the TV in the mirror of the bathroom. The hotel has a great fitness center, but it is a long walk from the hotel (or is it? I never found a short cut). The restaurant serves interesting choices. I went on the first day down and talked to one of the waiters. She explained all the menus and hours (there are a lot of them here) and I left feeling a bit dizzy. When I ate there, it was good, but the atomsphere is rather bland and as a diner alone, the waiter never came to me and asked anything after taking my order. Upon check-out, I discovered there were two other restaurants in the area connected to the hotel and I could have charged those meals to my room.

The Arista is an upscale hotel in the area that is well equipped. They supply the guests with a lot of choices. Unfortunately, it seemed to be the guest's job to find them all out. Overall, I give the physical hotel high marks and give the overall experience a below average rating.

Room Tip: Ask as many questions as you can upon arrival, so you can fully experience the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your very insightful review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize, as we did not meet your expectations; nor was your experience up to the extremely high standards here at Hotel Arista. I apologize that we missed opportunities to provide you with the information you needed to truly have an Effortless stay. We are currently planning on placing information in our guestrooms, to allow our guests to have all of the information regarding CityGate Centre Campus at their fingertips. We do have a vast amount of information regarding the options here on campus; we have multiple restaurants, fitness center, spa, gourmet coffee shop, and more. I apologize that this information was not relayed to you during your stay, and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of a friend.
Not really close to downtown, but the hotel provided a free shuttle service to the downtown area.
This was by far one of the best hotels I have stayed at for both quality and service. The rooms were very large and clean. The TV in the bathroom mirror was the best. Would definitely stay at this property again. It's to bad this is not a chain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your outstanding feedback from your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would return. We work diligently to ensure that every guest has a unique experience that exceeds their expectations. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Hotel Arista.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Arista is an amazing place: the staff is very helpful and flexible, they let me check-in at 10am with no extra fee. The building is new and well kept, the restaurant is great. One of the best hotels I've been to in the USA

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and for your enthusiastic endorsement of Hotel Arista. Our goal is to make each of our guests’ stays effortless, and to exceed all expectations. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. Your comments regarding our property, and our restaurant, are greatly appreciated. We will continue to provide the highest levels of comfort and service, and hopefully we will see you again soon!
Edina, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We always love to stay at the hotel Arista on our trips to Naperville. The rooms are great, the food is great and they are very accommodating of my son's special needs. They have never had a problem giving us a late check out when we are running late from a doctor's appt. Thanks for the room upgrade.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Keena,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback from your experiences here at Hotel Arista. I am glad to hear that you and your son both enjoy your stays with us. I can assure you that we will continue to do everything possible to make all of your future stays Effortless. We continually strive to provide the best possible service, and we will continue to accommodate any requests that you may have. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Hotel Arista, and if I can ever be of service please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Me and my girlfriend really enjoyed our stay.
The staff were really friendly and serviceminded.
The room was clean but smelled weird when we arrived. After the first night the smell was all gone and kept being so the rest of the stay.
We have no complaints at all.

Please excuse my poor english-skills.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oskar,

I am very grateful for your feedback from your recent stay. I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff, and I also appreciate your feedback regarding your room. I can assure you that our guestrooms are always inspected by a senior member of our Housekeeping Department, and that we always ensure that our guestrooms are cleaned to the highest standards. I apologize that your room did not smell as fresh as possible upon your arrival. I have personally looked into this, and we have implemented new procedures to our inspection process to ensure that none of our future guests will share the same experience. Thank you for providing the feedback that allows us to continue to improve, and continue to be the best hotel in the area. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you; and if you should return in the future, please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Thanks again.

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!