“Very nice hotel and a great value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
Gang Mills, NY
“Very nice hotel and a great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I were very impressed with our room at the Arista. Considering what we paid, this was truly a great value. The room was both large and contemporary. It had two queen-sized beds that were very comfortable. Even though we were there for pleasure, I did need to take care of some work in the evening. The office desk left me with plenty of space to work productively. The wifi was complimentary with very good bandwith.
The bathroom was also very large and nicely decorated. The marble-tiled walk-in shower stall made my shower a very pleasant experience. My wife was very impressed with the television in the mirror above the vanity.
The staff was very friendly and they were very helpful in giving directions.
The only downside that I had with the hotel was that the bed was not properly made. The sheets were laid on the bed, not tucked in the bed. We had to undo the bed and actually make it ourselves. They need to make sure that the cleaning staff gets the proper training.
Other than the beds, I found the hotel to be a wonderful place to stay. If I ever go back to Naperville, I will definitely stay at the Arista.

Room Tip: Check to make sure that the beds are made to your liking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

One of the nicer hotels I stayed at recently--clean, nice views, eco-conscious, I liked being able to control the lights in the entire suite from the bedsite (very convenient at night), the built-in TV in the bathroom mirror, the tub. A nice room to come to after a hard day of work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Orange County and UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. The bedroom was large with a lovely bathroom. The toiletries were made from natural ingredients and they smelt good, I later found out that the hotel is aiming to be environmentally friendly. I used the gym which was spacious, extremely clean and had a great outlook outside. On this particular occasion I had a lovely view of the snow outside. I was pleased with the variety of equipment.

The hotel driver took me into Naperville, we had a great chat. Naperville is a quaint American town with plenty of shops and cafes to keep me interested. The driver made a nice suggestion that I went to a mall because it was raining, I was fine with the rain and pleased with my decision as I discovered what the town had to offer. Sorry about the lack of tip! I'm British and it just made me feel uneasy, then I didn't give one and felt guilty!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night and the weekend rate was $99 and you can't find a better hotel in the 'burbs for the price. The rooms are very modern, loved the tv screen in the mirror in the bathroom, very cool. It's a newer property so everything is clean and fresh. Check in and out was fast and very professional. The bed was very comfortable. I can't think of the smallest negative to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeffBrown2139, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hotel Arista for your weekend stay! We believe in the finer details like having a TV nestled in your bathroom mirror, it’s one of our favorites as well! We are glad your interactions with our staff were pleasant and your overall stay enjoyable. Be sure to stay with us again soon and keep an eye out for our spring packages, coming soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked a weekend rate ($99) for 1 night to spend an early valentines day with my girlfriend. I checked in around 3 pm, went to the room and laid out all the gifts I had bought as the hotel stay for the king room was going to be a suprise after dinner. When we arrived back at 8:00 pm, the lights had been dimmed, bathrobes were laid out on the bed, ice had been set with glasses for wine, and the digital fireplace on the television had been set on. This was the perfect suprise entrance as it caught my girlfriend and myself off guard on how romantic everything had been set.

Clearly this was all done by the staff without any indication from me. It was completey exceptional service on their part. Everything else was amazing. Perfectly clean, bathrooms included a large tub/shower, and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. Only gripe was very noisy people in the hallways around 4:00 am, but that had nothing to do with the hotel.

Overall a wonderful stay and I would recommend Hotel Arista to everyone I know.

Room Tip: Nice views from the higher suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your early Valentine’s stay at Hotel Arista! We work hard to give extra attention and special detail to each and every guest. I am happy to hear you appreciated the extra help creating a memorable Valentine’s Day and that you and your girlfriend liked it so much. That is what Hotel Arista is all about, making each stay effortless and memorable. Be sure to celebrate your next holiday or birthday with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for business conducted in the Chicago suburbs. Fabulous, fresh and clean rooms that were spacious and very comfortable. Beautiful marble bathroom, complete control of all room lights from the bed side, and above average room service. The only downside is there are not a lot of dining options nearby, but you could easily get to them with a 5-10 minute drive. Would definitely stay here again. Much better than the other area options.

• Stayed January 2013
JeffBrown2139, General Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Arista! Our boutique hotel offers guests spacious rooms with luxurious amenities. Our staff offers old-world service to all guests, making each stay effortless. In addition to the two dining options at Hotel Arista-SugarToad and Zorba Lounge, the campus also has CityGate Grille, Kafenio and Lavazza Espressions. If you are looking to venture into town for other dining options, Hotel Arista offers a shuttle service for guests to use as well. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for an exquisite, first class experience in Chicago's western suburbs, Hotel Arista is the place to find it.

Naperville's only green hotel, Arista's rooms are beautifully designed, impeccably kept and inviting. The restaurant's breakfast menu, while limited, is very good and the coffee is great. For evening dining, the wine list offers a great variety of organic wines as well as more traditional options. The majority of the service staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and only a handful of employees coming off as snobby and aloof (a minus in my book).

The hotel is ideally located by I 88 and Route 59, so access to the city (if you want to make the drive) is easy - and if you prefer the quaintness of Naperville, it's just a 10 minute drive from Arista.

I've stayed there for pleasure with my husband - a beautiful romantic weekend - and hosted several business events there. We've been delighted each time and plan on coming back next year for our annual awards banquet.

Btw, if you can swing it, splurge for the suite. It's breathtaking!

Room Tip: Corner suite is gorgeous and worth the extra money.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Raksanna,

Thank you for the positive review of Hotel Arista! We are pleased to see returning guests coming back to enjoy our boutique hotel. Our staff is trained to go the extra mile for our guests in order to make their stay effortless. I personally apologize for any issues you have experienced in your service. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your stay should it ever happen in the future. If you and your husband are looking for another romantic weekend, be sure to check out our Valentine’s Day packages or warm up with one of our winter packages. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon!

Jeffrey Brown

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!