“A+ facilities....in the burbs” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2139 CityGate Lane, Naperville, IL 60563   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Naperville
portland, oregon
“A+ facilities....in the burbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

If you're not traveling to visit Chicago (the city) and would like to stay in the SW suburbs, this is the place to stay (unless you'd like to pay less than ~$150/night). It's definitely a drive if you're going to the city.

The good: Reservation/check-in and out were smooth, no extra charges. My brother, husband and I stayed in a single king room- the sofa was large enough to accommodate my brother although he could have easily fit on the king bed- which was oh-so-comfortable (too bad I don't remember much of my sleep due to the open bar at a party we went to). They sold us a packet of tylenol for $1 (2 tabs, steep price but very much needed). The gym was well equipped with weights and cardio machines. The bathroom was a little awkward since my kid brother was with us but very nice with plush bathrobes- I'm pretty sure there was a tv in the mirror but had no idea how to use it. The toilet was separated from the shower and from the tub (we could have easily had a person in each without seeing each other- but we didn't do that)

The bad: Did I mention location? Even if you ask for higher floors, I doubt you'd get much of a view of anything besides maybe the roof of a parking garage.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband booked a room at the Arista to celebrate my birthday. This hotel is gorgeous and the hotel staff is very nice and accomodating. Even though the room rates are on the higher side, you can get good deals on their website. You can pre-order room ammenities like the Wi gaming system and a white noise machine at no cost. These were in our corner room upon arrival. The corner room we had was beautiful and had great features. There is a TV in the bathroom mirror, a nice soaking tub, and separate shower. We loved the options in the mini bar and enjoyed room service. We went to Morton's for dinner, which is a 5 minute drive. We ended our evening at the Sugar Toad bar for a night cap. We were the only ones at the bar, but the bartender did not greet us right away as she was busy cleaning her glassware. She did not seem too interested in serving us either. Other than that, we had a great experience at the Arista and will be back.

Room Tip: Book a corner room - floor to ceiling windows
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked a business stay at this hotel for a trip in December, 2011. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the trip due to illness. I cancelled by phone with them more than 24 hours in advance of my planned stay and was then advised I "was required" to cancel online because they have a separate system for on-line reservations and their two systems don’t talk to each other.” So I cancelled online also, more than 24 hours in advance. Guess what.... they charged my credit card for the full amount anyway. I was forced to go through my credit card company to have the charge removed, despite several calls to the management of this hotel. Be very, very careful if you plan on staying here. You'd better be sure your trip goes through as planned because if have to cancel they will attempt to take your money anyway.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HotelArista, Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the complication you had with cancelling your reservation and regret that you had to involve your credit card company in order to have the charge resolved. We do apologize.

We do ask our guests to cancel the reservation the same way it was originally booked because of the fees we pay for all reservations booked online, including our own website. When the cancellation is passed through the interface we are not billed for the reservation. Moreover, if a travel agent is involved they too are aware of your cancelled itinerary.

Kind Regards,

HotelArista
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

stayed at Naperville in early Dec 2011. Upon checkout got a receipt for stay. Saw another $8+ on to CC, upon calling your hotel I was told it was for the items missing in minibar. Since I did not use the minibar, I requested the customer service person to remove the charges and they agreed.

Spurious charge makes me mad...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I narmaly do not write hotel reviews while traveling on business but this is an exception. The staff was great, the room was phenomina (tv in the bathroom mirror) Lots of space. Shower and bath tub in the bathroom. The only think I could not find in the room was the thermostat.... I looked everywhere but did not have the will to call the front desk. so it was a little warmer then I would have normally liked. You can't go wrong with this hotel. In fact I am abandoning the Courtyard and will be staying here in the future when I travel to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

If you are staying uptown, this would be a good choice if you are around the neighborhood. The hotel has a modern design and a very relax color scheme. There isn't a lot of things around the hotel and hotel outlets are kept to a minimum, you will definitely need a car to get around. A lot of little things done right, such as TV on the bathroom mirror, etc.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel is very nice, especially for being so far removed from many busier areas of Naperville. Luckily for me I have business right next door so stay here often. The rooms are very nice and the fitness center is awesome. Comfortable, clean. Never had a bad experience and the rates aren't bad either, probably because they are a little removed from other areas of the city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!