“Best Mabo tofu (if you like spicy food)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 397 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Chinese, Szechuan, Taiwanese
Dublin, Ohio, United States
“Best Mabo tofu (if you like spicy food)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been there several times. The mabo tofu is very spicy and good for two people. This restaurant searves the best mabo tofu! The place is small and homy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Naperville, Illinois
“Authentic Cuisine & Very Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Do not let the location of Mapo stop you from enjoying this fantastic and authentic Chinese cuisine. Located in the Minuteman Press mall near Wendy's. The customers are nearly all of Chinese descent; which is an indicator of how wonderful the food is. My favorites are Shrimp with Lobster Sauce and Kung Pao Shrimp. The Spicy Eggplant is also wonderful. The staff are very friendly. Also a great restaurant for take out. Food is prepared quickly with great food containers for take out. Best Chinese food in Naperville.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best hot food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The best food for your money...real Korea cooking ...will make it a place to bring one and all...when it says hot....oh yea its hot....lol

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lisle, Illinois
“Great for lunch-”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my favorite chinese restaurant to go to for LUNCH- they have great lunch specials and they are fast- lunch always costs me around $6, for soup, spring roll and my meal. Great value for lunch. I've been for dinner too, and it seemed pricey for the same thing I would get at lunch time.

Visited September 2012
“Not Our Cup Of Tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I usually get a spicy dish like Kung Pao but so many reviews said that it was too spicy so I got cold feet and ordered a tofu dish. I really didn't like the flavor of it & it was very soft, not the extra firm cubes that I'm used to. My husband did not like the flavor of his dish (Lo Mein)either.
I'm afraid for that for those of us who haven't haven't been to China it was a little too authentic
We were the only non asian people in there. It must be good, just not our type of food.
Service was great. Everyone was friendly, I guess we were the problem w/our too American tastes.
:-)

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mapo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mapo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.