“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   517 E. Route 83, Mundelein, IL 60060 (Formerly Comfort Inn Mundelein)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Michigan
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Comfort Inn is definitely an older property, but don't let that discourage you. As mentioned by others, the staff here is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had booked a king suite and upon arrival walked into the "Oriental Escape". In my opinion, the decor is a little over the top, but at the end of the day, all that really matters is cleanliness, comfort and customer service. This hotel delivers the goods. It's also very close to shopping and restaurants. I enjoyed my stay here very much and would likely visit again. I'd like to reiterate that the front desk staff provided great customer service! (If I remember correctly Will was the young man who was very helpful to me on two occasions during my 3 night stay. I appreciated your help and our conversation. Hope you made it to Vegas! Good luck to you!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The front desk crew here really goes out of their way to accommodate their guests. 3/4 of them are friendly, cheerful and always smiling. The other .. just makes the first 3 look even better. :)

I've been staying here for business every week. There was a glitch in reservations one week, and the hotel staff gave ME a thank you card when it was resolved. That doesn't happen often!

I heartily recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the x01-x20 side tend to have better wireless connectivity and speeds than those on the oth...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We had an incredibly low rate for the Chicago area. I did not know what to expect but the hotel was recommended by business colleagues. The place is older but no older than other establishments in the area. The room was comfortable and clean. The high speed internet was indeed very fast. I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
ComfortMundelein, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear LiketoeatCincinnati,

Thank you for geing our guest! We are delighted you found our hotel clean & comfortable. I hope next time you are in Lake County you will think of us again!

Best Regards,

Rheannon Reese
Area Director of Sales & Marketing
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I relied on my GPS to find me a hotel on my way to my destination. I don't know anything about Mundelein, IL but I traveled through a pretty area on a lake in northern IL so I knew that I would find somewhere to land. I like Comfort Inns so I called to find out the rate and it was very reasonable esp for a Comfort Inn. I decided to check it out. The hotel building must have been built in the 1960's "guessing". Arched doorways, etched glass doors as the entry to the pool/courtyard (outside). The bathroom sink area was interesting..it had a curved tile floor and kind of in the open. It was an interesting set up. The bathroom (toilet & tub) did have its' own enclosed area for privacy. This hotel has "theme" rooms by the way. I stayed in a normal room. It was comfortable, clean and I slept like a log. The bed was very comfortable as I would expect the Comfort Inn to be. I liked the hotel.

The breakfast was the typical continental fare. The breakfast area is small and the counter set up is tight, cramped. If crowded with people it is a tight squeeze to get to the waffle maker. Probably due to the age of the building. Still, quaint overall. The atmosphere is casual and kind of from another era. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: I have been asking for rooms that do NOT have an "adjoining" room door. Seems like lately...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ComfortMundelein, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
IlLibby123 Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad the GPS lead you to our hotel & look forward to your return visits.
Best Regards,
Rheannon Reese, Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We booked this hotel for a lacrosse tournament and chose it simply because it was well priced (about $70 per night), close to the tournament location, and Choice was offering a free $25 gas card with a 2 night stay. We were a bit skeptical considering the low price, but were pleasantly surprised at what we got for the price - decent breakfast, clean spacious rooms with microwave and fridge, a small fitness center and an outdoor pool.

The downside was that a storm went through the area and the hotel lost power for at least 14 hours and the front desk staff was not knowledgeable or confident enough to help guests find other accommodations/offer refunds. We did end up checking out a night early due to the power failure and were not charged for that night after talking to the hotel manager (who was very professional).

If you are looking for a very reasonably priced hotel in the Mundelein area I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DeWitt, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had planned to stay two nights while visiting our daughter in Mundelein. We arrived late in the evening after a long drive and looked forward to a good night's sleep. Shortly after falling asleep, we were awakened by the loud sound of water running in the toilet. The tank filled every 45 minutes throughout the night startling us awake every time. In the morning we reported our experience to the staff. Although very polite, we were told that there was nothing they could do because we did not report the problem sooner. Had we reported the problem the previous night they said, they would have moved us to a different room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Flatwoods
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We recently stayed 7 nights at this hotel. It was clean and neat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was especially nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was more than adequate serving cereal, toast, bagels. pastries, waffles, egg and cheese omlets, sausauge and fruit. They also had milk, juices and coffee. The lobby always had fresh coffee available and free daily newspapers. The Wi-Fi in the room was wonderful, only going out during some of the thunderstorms we had. We checked in on a Friday and if I had any complaints at all it would be that the pool and pool area were not kept up well during the weekend, but through the week it was very neat and clean and plenty of pool towels were available. We booked our room through booking.com and got an excellent rate and we will definately be back to stay as my son and granddaughter live in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area? Share your experiences!