Great value and one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at recently. Very clean, very beautiful. If you're a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, this place is right up your alley. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not one complaint. Warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival are a nice touch (if you're not allergic to walnuts). I am allergic so I can't comment on the cookies. The lobby is warm and inviting and again, just beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, the room temp was easy to maintain. Another thing I noticed was the carpet was soft and felt like it had some padding to it, which is welcomed. Very comfortable room. There is an in-room coffee pot, there's a stainless steel ice bucket (no cheap plastic stuff here anywhere) and actual glasses to drink out of not disposable. There are nice little touches everywhere to make you feel at home, which always helps one rest a little easier, which isn't always easy to do when you're travelling. Room has a desk with ergonomic chair.
They do host events at this hotel and it seems like it would be a nice place to consider for a business or celebratory function.
The bathroom has a shower, no tub. Was fine for me (i'm pretty short, 5'4") but if you are tall, like my husband, who is 6'2" and has a large "wingspan" you might find it a bit narrow for your taste. It is a glass-enclosed shower. Lots of counterspace. The towels are large and warm and fluffy, but there were only 2 of them. Girls usually like to have 2 towels so we can wrap our head up in one to help dry our hair, so I used a hand towel which worked but would have preferred more towels in the room. I know I could have requested them, but we were late arrivals having travelled all evening from Ohio and I was just too tired to ask.
There is a blowdryer, it was found in the little closet area next to the bathroom, in a canvas storage bag. It was a medium-size blowdryer that did not pack a lot of punch.....so if you're like me, with lots of long hair, plan ahead give yourself an extra 5-10 minutes of hair-drying time, or bring your own blowdryer :-)
The way the shower in our bathroom was set up, unless you have arms long enough to reach around the glass wall to access the handle, you need to be prepared to get a shot of cold water as you turn on the showerhead. Thankfully, the water warms up quickly. :-) Bonus: crabtree & evelyn products for the bathroom: soaps, lotion, shampoo, conditioner. Nice touch.
We did not take advantage of room service we did not have time we were on a strict schedule. They do not offer breakfast other than through room service. Instead we had breakfast at nearby Elly's Pancake House. I recommend it.
There is a bar and a restaurant on premises. We are Hilton Honors members that gives you free drink coupons upon checkin but we did not utilize those, as the bar was about to close (again, late arrival). Otherwise we would have definitely gone to check it out. Also fun: The Beer Market, about 4 miles down the road. Lots of craft beer. No food, you have to choose from one of the nearby restaurants deliver to you.
There is a business center on site I got a glimpse of it, and it looked pretty up to date. Fitness center looked nice, too. Did not see the pool area.
If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will stay here. We only had the pleasure of staying one night, I would have liked to stay a bit longer, it was that nice and a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Libertyville - Mundelein, in Mundelein, Illinois, a northwest Chicago suburb. Convenient to US-45 and IL-94, and only 45 minutes north of O’Hare International Airport (ORD), our hotel offers personal and engaging service. Enjoy our signature, warm chocolate chip cookie at welcome.Savor phenomenal dishes and urban ambiance at Karma Asian Food & Fine Wine. Admire the Prairie-style decor featuring one-of-a-kind stained glass front doors and solid hardwood furniture. Our glass-enclosed pool is open year round, and the fully equipped fitness center is available 24 hours a day.Choose from 183 guest rooms in standard or deluxe styles or with two-room suite options. Relax in a king-, queen- or double-sized bed and enjoy complimentary WiFi, premium channels on a 42-inch flat-screen HDTV, a refrigerator and a rain forest shower head.Host a wedding on our landscaped courtyard or coordinate a casual barbecue on the patio. Our 8,350 sq. ft. ballroom divides into eight rooms, each accommodating up to 70 people. Reserve the full ballroom for a gala for 450 guests or a conference for 500 colleagues. We also provide two additional meeting rooms, one boardroom, banquet catering, and A/V and videoconferencing services.Take advantage of our business center to connect with potential clients. Motorola Mobility, Baxter, Sysmex America, Grainger, Aon Hewitt, HSBC, Tetra Pak and Zebra Technologies are located within five miles of our hotel. Ride our complimentary shuttle to their businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Libertyville - Mundelein Hotel Mundelein
- Crowne Plaza Mundelein
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Mundelein