“Great location for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   510 E. IL Route 83, Mundelein, IL 60060 (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Great location for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is located near several business headquarters including Motorola and Sysmex. Shopping areas are nearby. Others have noted poor decor, but my room and the entire first floor appeared to have been updated at the time of my visit. Staff greeted me and were eager to make certain that I had whatever I needed. Food was good in both the restaurant and the pub, but a tad overpriced in my opinion. As another reviewer stated, it was not possible to turn on the shower without getting wet and the shower head would not move. The bed and pillows were fantastic! I slept straight through and woke ready to go. Noise was never an issue. My room came with a comfortable chair and footstool, as well as a desk and chair. A refrigerator and safe were in the room as well. It is possible to get to the train station via the shuttle and get to downtown Chicago without driving.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed and thorough review of the property. I believe your remarks give an accurate assessment of the hotel and would support other travelers decisions on where to lay their head at night. As far as the showers are concerned, our housekeeping department has made a daily correction to the position of the showerhead to make it easier for our guests.

Warm Regards,
Kip Stehling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Personable staff, fantastic beds and pillows - super clean and quiet. Would definitely stay there again. Front desk asked if we were there on business and pleasure and I mentioned both and that our anniversary was next week. When we got back to the hotel, there was a note from the hotel wishing us a Happy Anniversary and a beautiful fruit and cheese tray. Will be back in the area again next month or so and will definitely stay there!

Only thing stopping us from giving it 5 stars - there was a wedding going on Fri & Sat, and parking was terrible - hotel should have some parking designated for registered hotel guests.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, no noise, and really quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Anniversary Couple,

Congratulations on another year of marriage. We are honored that you celebrated at our establishment, and that we were able to contribute a positive memory to your life together.

Parking is something that we are continually working on, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

We hope to see you in the near future, if you haven't returned already.

KIP
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was in town on business, and this hotel was perfect for my needs. However, if you are looking for a hotel near the town-center or shopping, it might not the best place for you.

I loved the soft bed and large flat-screen TV, the shower was great also. The hotel has a small but modern and functional fitness center.

Overall, this hotel is clean, comfortable and modern, but just a notch or two below fancy. Thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. As the title of your response states, I am glad we were able to give you - "exactly what you needed."

Although we are 2.7 miles from the shopping mall, we do have shuttle service that runs on weekdays to nearby areas. We look forward to your return in the future.

Also, I will be sure to read this response to our housekeeping team, to thank them for the hard work they put into the property daily.

Saint Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel lobby is very warm and inviting. The room was very comfortable. My reserved room was not ready and I had to either wait or accept a different quality room. My key did not work, however, the service was efficient in resolving this issue. The food is extremely good. Recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear John,

I am so pleased to see your positive review posted. Thank you for taking the time to write feedback that informs others the type of experience they can expect when visiting our Chicagoland property. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your key and the room not being ready upon your arrival, however from your response, it appears that my team was able to handle this situation effectively. I will be sure to compliment them on their efforts. We look forward to inviting you back in the near future.

Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hotel is situated nicely to many conveniences. Nice lobby and restaurant, plus a friendly staff. Overall a good stay though I thought the furniture was a bit outdated and could have been more in line with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Jill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel in Mundelein. Our service team will take great joy in learning that they impacted another guest in a positive way!

We are constantly updating our look for our guests, as we recently completed a bathroom renovation for all of our guestrooms.

We hope to see you in the future!

Elmwood Park, il, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again. I have stayed at the Doubletree before and was very satisfied so we chose thie chain again. There are no complaints on our part and we hope to have others experience the comfort that we did.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Our leadership team takes great pride in our traveler experience and our Director of Housekeeping has worked tirelessly for the past 16 years, making a huge impact in the hotel as we are one of the cleanest properties within the brand.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I come here every year and I am never disappointed. They are always very nice when me I check in and always have a room that accommodates my preferences. The rooms are big and clean which is very nice when you have driven so far and want to just relax. The front desk clerk always gives great recommendations for restaurants. I haven't tried Karma yet but I plan on trying it this year when I am there. Like I said before, I come here every year and I wouldn't ever pick a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Justin,

Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate the time taken to recognize the efforts our team takes in order for our guests to have an enjoyable experience.

Best Regards,
Kip Stehling

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein? Share your experiences!