“Ambience worthy of a special companion/sweetheart” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Karma Asian Food and Fine Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: Asian, Eclectic, International, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 45
Description: Karma Asian Food & Wine serves Modern Asian Fusion Cuisine taking classic Asian fare and adding our own comfortable, Western twist. Our focus is to use only fresh ingredients. We do this by sourcing natural, locally farmed and/or organic products where ever possible.In Karma Grill, our chefs prepare mouthwatering Steaks and fresh Fish cooked to perfection along with our Wok Stir Fry dishes featuring many vegetarian and gluten free options. Enjoying these in a very relaxed dining atmosphere with our 12 foot tall waterfall at one end and our 200 square foot pond in the center, makes for an exceptional dining experience.
Olympia, Washington
“Ambience worthy of a special companion/sweetheart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The waterfall / pond fountain presentation gives this restaurant a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Their food choices are good, nice variety. They have a nice lounge as well. They also support the Double Tree Hotel, their breakfast buffet is great, not dry from sitting too long waiting for customers. Wait staff, attentive and 'present' but not overbearing. Recommended - especially for a 'romantic' repast.

Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful restaurant in Mundelein”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Doubletree hotel in Mundelein. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated with a pond in the middle of the floor and a quiet waterfall on the wall. The food is beautifully presented, the service is fantastic, everyone is so friendly, and they never rush your meal. I'm always surprised more people don't try it out. We would definitely recommend Karma.

• Visited April 2012
Evanston, Illinois
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Good to try when in the area but not worth a special trip. Nothing really special. Went for lunch and it was really empty - never filled up. The food was good, interesting but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“I enjoyed the food so much I ate here 4 nights in a row.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I travel for business and I like to stay in places that have a restaurant. Doubletreee In Mundelein fit this bill. I don't usually expect excellent food and try to eat light. However, my first night I opted for the Asian BBQ Salmon with forbidden rice. It was so delicious I couldn't stop eating it. I decided to try something new every night I was in town and was not disappointed. Two nights I ate in the bar and two in the dining area. Both had excellent service and I felt pampered and well taken care of. If I come back to the area I will definitely visit again.

• Visited November 2011
Chicago
1,267 reviews 1,267 reviews
“We were very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife and I had dinner here a few nights ago. Karma is located inside the Doubletree hotel.

We were both very impressed. The restaurant has a quaint and quiet ambience, excellent food, excellent service, and fair prices for this type of restaurant.

Would highly recommend.