“Avoid- many other choices nearby.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% - Book Today!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
IA
“Avoid- many other choices nearby.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We usually stay at Hamptons without a problem, but it's hard to sleep with a very loud, buzzing air conditioning/heating unit that can't be turned off. Called the front desk and a cheerful young man said he would be down in 5 minutes(11pm) No show. I muffled it with chairs and a bedspread- not the safest thing to do but I finally got to sleep. After a long day and another one the next it would have been nice to relax in the pool, but it along with the exercise room was closed for service.
Hope you have better luck than I did here.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Good solid hotel. Staff was very considerate and the evening cocktail is nice after a working day. Really quiet as it is off the highway about 60 seconds. Cracker Barrel and Applebee's are a short walk. Staff recommended 9th Street Grill for dinner which was superb.

Room Tip: Both sides face onto open fields so no big deal.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I really did not expect to find as nice a hotel as I did when I made my reservation for this property. Sometimes the smaller cities have fewer amenities in their hotels, but not here. This Hampton is as nice as any I have stayed in and I will return to it on my future trips to Mt. Vernon. The only drawback, if you can call it that, was that there is only one elevator and at times the wait is a little annoying. However, there are always stairs. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, IL.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was one of the friendliest hotels I have ever been in. Every staff member I encountered spoke to me and smiled. I remember thinking that the lady at the front desk should be doing training for the chain. The room was exactly as reserved and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. I will go stay at this hotel again when I am in the Mt. Vernon area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Phyllis_bruce, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate to hear how we are doing. We look forward to your future stays at the Hampton Inn Mt Vernon Il
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We met family at this hotel last weekend. The hotel kind of had a smell to it. Also, the room was pretty dated. The comforter was lumpy. The paint was chipped on the soap holder in the shower. The hotel was clean, but definitely could use a little TLC. The breakfast was decent. The kids enjoyed the pool. The service overall was just kind of average also. I just have feelings on this hotel either way. It would work in a pinch, but wouldn't really recommend it or go out of my way to stay again. We may try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Our only complaint about this hotel was that one of our reading lamps by the bed was broken. I told them about it when we left. Comfortable beds, clean throughout, nice amenities in the bathroom. It also had a pretty decent complimentary breakfast with waffles, eggs (I think?), fresh fruit, toast, oatmeal & cereals. We were only there one night, but all in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Mount Vernon Hampton is well located, staff friendly and very clean. The lady at the check-in desk remembered my reservation and call me by name when I arrived. Nice touch!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon? Share your experiences!