“Don't expect much from this BWW!” 2 of 5 stars

(618) 246-2999
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 62 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Flora, Illinois
“Don't expect much from this BWW!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I hate writing bad reviews, if you look over my reviews, I am not that hard to please. This BWW needs to correct some staffing issues, and a few other things.

1st a previous poster mentioned the cold air, this must be a continously going thing, it is like a force of winter wind blowing from the ceiling. You should probably wear a winter coat inside even in the summer. There was a group in there while we were that had kids, and they were bundled in beach towels.

I understand this is a newer establishment and hidden from the traffic getting of the interstate. But you have to make the restaurant worth a stop. Our waitress was quick to bring the 1st drinks, and offer an appetizer which we did order. My wife always goes through drinks quickly, and soon, she was out and waiting. Our appetizer, and our food was brought out by someone else, which my wife said also brought out her refill. By the time she was ready for another refill, the waitress was too busy cleaning up the floor around a table which had just left. She looked over and noticed my wife needed a refill, but continued her cleaning. A few minutes later she is over still goofing off talking at the hostess stand, then after some talking she came over and brought the refills. She didn't even notice we were finished and ready for the ticket, and didn't even try to sell us dessert. Then the other person who had brought the food, and refills previous came and took our trash from the table and asked if our waitress was getting our ticket. We advised we didn't know we hadn't saw her since she checked on us once after we got our food and had to ask for more napkins. She finally showed up with the ticket. We provided payment and left.

Pros: Good, Hot Food/ Plenty of Parking/ Plenty of Staff

Cons: Poor trained or untrained wait staff, too many employees, not enough customers,

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashville
“Good Service, Great Food, Cold Booth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This restaurant is as good as any Buffalo Wild Wings I have visited. I was alone when I visited and was seated in a booth at the front corner of the establishment. Everything was good about the meal. The food was good, the service was outstanding and the bill was not too high. However, there was a gale wind blowing from the air conditioning and I ate quickly so as to get back to some warm air. I was freezing! As a matter of fact, I had to hold the newspaper I brought with me down with the case for my eyeglasses or it would have blown off the table. I really needed a coat, or at least something to block the air flow.

Visited May 2012
Florida
“Enjoyed the trivia game ... but don't get boneless wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great service. Enjoyed a few cold beers with a relative and played a bunch of trivia and enjoyed it, but the boneless wings were about like chicken mcnuggets at McDonalds. Too much breading. I knew better and still did it -- so go with the normal wings like my cousin did. They were outstanding -- and try the dry rubs as a seasoning.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This was the slowest bdub's I have ever been in. Not just service, but patrons as well. There was hardly anyone there for lunch and it took forever.

Visited February 2012
Rock Island, Illinois
“Could Have Been Great!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Although it may seem like I hated BWW, I did actually like it. My problem is more with the time in which I received my food after having to ask about it - two days in a row!
1. Servers and mamagement were very nice and apologetic to my food taking over 45 minutes to be given to me AFTER I had to ask about it. The first day, the server helped me make a decision on what to order (by the way, it would have been very good if it were at least warm). Anyway, she told me to have a seat at the bar, which I did. The drinks are FABULOUS! After 45 minutes and two drinks, I had to go ask about my food. They apologized and told me to come back tomorrow if my food was not good, which it was cold and not so great. I stayed next door at the Hampton Inn, so it was not like I had to travel to get back to my destination; it was a one minute walk or a 20 second drive.
2. Second night, I went back to give it another chance. Same scenario. Placed order and waited at the bar, this time 1 drink. Another 45 minutes goes by and I talk to the manager again. I told him about my experience the night before, and he ordered my food for me this night free of charge (which I thought was acceptable). He was sincere in his apology and actually remembered me form the night prior (a plus in my customer service book). Unfortunately, my food was cold again as it took them 45 minutes to give me some boneless wings and fries.
The food could have been excellent, customer service is very good, but I rate it average because of my back to back bad experience. If it were not for the delay in getting my food, I would have rated them excellent. I still recommend this restaurant to others because I am sure this was a fluke in back to back cold food experiences. I will definitely return to BWW's in Mt. Vernon, I will just ask about my food every five minutes if necessary.

• Visited February 2011