“Mt. Vernon Days Inn not recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Mount Vernon

You added Days Inn Mount Vernon to your Saves list
Days Inn Mount Vernon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Potomac Blvd, I-57 Exit 95 & Potomac Blvd, Mount Vernon, IL 62864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Crockett, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here on April 29th, 2013. Room was clean but when others showered upstairs? the pipes did ring in my room, also the wifi was terrible to non existent. The shower in my room had almost zero pressure but other then those things I was satisfied with the room. For the rate that I paid I would stay somewhere else in the future though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sioux City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Breakfast was very good, staff was pleasant, but bathroom toilet in room 304 was awful. Felt like the toilet would fall through the floor. Internet indicated remodeled in 2011. I didn't find this to be true.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my third time staying here and this time I was very disappointed. My initial thought was it was okay. The smell in the hall was a little overbearing from some heavy spices but since I do not sleep in the halls I overlooked that. When I reached the room it was very clean and smelled very clean. The shower head was aweful. The noise level for the doors seemed extremely high. Those doors slam shut which is very loud. The bed was fine, the room was almost okay except for....I asked for a non-smoking room which I was given room 307 all seemed well until I got up the next morning. Opening the bathroom door I had an overwhelming "gush" of cigerette smoke smell. It was yucky. I looked in the halls and noticed something I had not previously noticed. Both rooms on each side of me were both smoking rooms. WHAT??? really, you place a smoking room smack in the middle of smoking rooms? Trust me, non-smokers can smell that from a mile away. When I checked out I asked about the smoking rooms around my room. The lady at the front desk tells me that I should have asked for the first floor that the entire first floor is non-smoking. REALLY? Since I booked this room at least two maybe even three weeks in advance something tells me there was probably a room on the first floor to put me in without me asking. The whole "non-smoking" choice should have been the first sign that I should be placed on the first floor. This is enough to make me rethink my stays here. I will be in Mount Vernon about every six weeks until winter, I am not sure if I will stay here again. Time will tell.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker Ask for the first floor and do not take room 307
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Steger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everyone was friendly. The room was very nice. We were very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast, and wouldn't have minded staying another night if we could have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!