“Three steps back” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Mount Vernon

You added Days Inn Mount Vernon to your Saves list
Days Inn Mount Vernon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Potomac Blvd, I-57 Exit 95 & Potomac Blvd, Mount Vernon, IL 62864   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Three steps back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my third time staying here and this time I was very disappointed. My initial thought was it was okay. The smell in the hall was a little overbearing from some heavy spices but since I do not sleep in the halls I overlooked that. When I reached the room it was very clean and smelled very clean. The shower head was aweful. The noise level for the doors seemed extremely high. Those doors slam shut which is very loud. The bed was fine, the room was almost okay except for....I asked for a non-smoking room which I was given room 307 all seemed well until I got up the next morning. Opening the bathroom door I had an overwhelming "gush" of cigerette smoke smell. It was yucky. I looked in the halls and noticed something I had not previously noticed. Both rooms on each side of me were both smoking rooms. WHAT??? really, you place a smoking room smack in the middle of smoking rooms? Trust me, non-smokers can smell that from a mile away. When I checked out I asked about the smoking rooms around my room. The lady at the front desk tells me that I should have asked for the first floor that the entire first floor is non-smoking. REALLY? Since I booked this room at least two maybe even three weeks in advance something tells me there was probably a room on the first floor to put me in without me asking. The whole "non-smoking" choice should have been the first sign that I should be placed on the first floor. This is enough to make me rethink my stays here. I will be in Mount Vernon about every six weeks until winter, I am not sure if I will stay here again. Time will tell.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker Ask for the first floor and do not take room 307
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Steger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everyone was friendly. The room was very nice. We were very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast, and wouldn't have minded staying another night if we could have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Harshaw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Heat/fan/AC unit needs to be turned on at front desk but they didn't tell us when we checked in. It should be activated automatically! We thought it was broken and didn't call the front desk since we didn't want staff in our room fixing it in the middle of the night. An easily avoidable issue if they would have just turned the stupid thing on when we bought the room. Front desk clerk was snippy to us when we mentioned it wasn't working in the morning when we checked out. We didn't expect or ask for a refund, we just wanted them to know about the issue and we ended up getting a lecture instead. Not cool, Days Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Cross Plains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We found the hotel clean, service good, satisfactory price. We would be happy to stay there again on our vacation transit road trip to Florida. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michele B, Manager at Days Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know how we are doing, We hope to see you on your return trip.

Been to Days Inn Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!