“Average Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chicago
“Average Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time at Black Fin. The food this time was a bit disappointing. My wife had the Chicken Caesar Salad. The chicken was a bit dry and tough. I had their slicedPrime Rib and Cheese Sandwich. While the meat was tender, it had very little flavor. Also it would be nice with a salad to get a roll or something. My wife and I both had the potato leak soup, it had flavor, but it appeared to be more blended then any potato soup we have ever had. Also the service was a bit low. It took much to long to get our entrees.

The other times we have been there other times and the food was excellent. We will give it another chance.

chicago
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went there on Sunday(we don't live in that area) and I ordered the crabcake sandwich-it was delish and the fries were good too.My hubby had pulled pork sandwich and liked it too.We sat in the bar,which has loads of tv's.Our waitress was good but it's one of those places where everyone looks about 10!I agree with some of the other reviewers that the prices are a little high but there again, the quality is there,which is more important to me.Also the wine pours are decent(my pet peeve is a thimbleful of wine for $8.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Make it 5 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place keeps on getting better. Food, staff and drinks from beer and wine to cocktails are all fantastic. Big screen and large screen TVs in the saloon area for watching sports. Vibrant bar scene with low key entertainment on Friday nights. Great addition to the Randhurst Village experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great meeting place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went here recently with my daughter who was visiting from out of town. We were just looking for a quiet place to chat and have a light bite to eat. We were seated at the dining area to the right when you walk in. There is a larger, somewhat nicer area to the left but we weren't being picky. This was a Wednesday night around 6:00pm. We were seated in a booth that was very quiet. The service was great. We enjoyed half price glasses of wine. We shared the brie appetizer even though we thought it was a liitle pricey.It was well worth it. Then we shared the hand dipped chicken tenders (they really are hand dipped). They were very moist and tasty. My daughter had an appetizer salad that she wasn't crazy about...too much dressing so ask for the dressing on the side. Overall, a nice place and I will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Meeting Spot at Randhurst”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Black Finn at Randhurst in Mt. Prospect recently opened last summer. Great spot for meeting up with friends for a meal and drinks. There is an outside seating area that is great for the summer months. The bar area is large with nice booths or tables and good service. There is a separate dining area if you prefer not to eat in the bar. Great service, good food, a bit over priced, but it was a good experience. I highly recommend the mac n cheese. Yummmmy!! Salads are fresh with tasty dressings. The burgers are excellent, too. Love the Ying Yang Shrimp appetizer. Will be returning!

• Visited January 2013