“Great Hotel Except Complimentary Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“Great Hotel Except Complimentary Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Arlington Million and the room and service was excellent. As far as the complimentary breakfast, I'm sure there is not an executive chef, nor "a chef" for that matter, on hand for the complimentary breakfast, and I know that it is COMPLIMENTARY, but the breakfast my husband and I had was disgusting. The biscuits for the biscuits and gravy were hard, dry, bland, crumbly, horrible. The gravy was all the worse. The eggs seemed as if they were just made from the yolks. I've never seen round, dense, cheese-curd looking eggs. Maybe salt would help, absolutely not. Big, granular salt that you could taste with every bite. The texture of everything was off. Everything was horrible. They were definitely the most disgusting thing we ate there. I was so displeased. Thought I'd try a bagel and my husband tried a muffin, and those were both dry and bland. The only thing that was good was the orange juice. We would stay here again but will DEFINITELY be eating our breakfast someplace else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Amber W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you loved your room and that our staff provided excellent customer service.

I do apologize for the quality of breakfast you had. The complimentary breakfast is one of our great amenities that we take great pride in providing to our guests. I will personally work with our Breakfast Crew to ensure all the products are being prepared to Hilton Standards.

I appreciate the feedback as it is necessary for us to continue to improve. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you ar in Mount Prospect!

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Herscher, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are always friendly and helpful. The hotel is newly built in a shopping center. It is also close to Schaumburg, IL and Woodfield Mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just looking to get away for the night or the weekend. Haven't done it yet but this would be a great place for a girl's weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Holly J,

That is great to hear that you and your husband stay with us so often! I hope you are signed up with our HHonors program so you can get rewarded for your loyalty to Hilton.

It would be tough to find a better place to hold a girl's weekend getaway with all of the shopping, spas and restaurants we have in the area. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to put that together and we would love to help you arrange those activities!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Des Plaines, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Such a beautiful and comfortable hotel and a great location within the mall area. Enjoyed a weekend getaway with my sister an 4 of our grandchildren. Great time was had by all!!!! I would recommend this for a family weekend or a couples get-a-way any time. I know they have a great Christmas show in the mall area over the Christmas holidays. Also just down the road at the Des Plaines Train Station they have the "Polar Express" train ride (check out the Des Plaines Park District for Information) - what a great weekend getaway for the grandparents and grandkids. Time to get planning!!!

Dear Colleen G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a great time with us. We are very fortunate to be located near so many great restaurants, shops and activities it truly does make for a great local getaway.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next "staycation"!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'd recommend staying at Hampton Inn @ Chicago/Mt Prospect because of the attentive staff and being a new hotel (2012). Great location to visit friends in the north suburbs and getting into Chicago. Underground free parking is a plus in HOT or COLD weather. Many new restaurants close by.

Temple, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is brand new, parking under the hotel is safe. The only negative is that there is no refrigerator in the room. The room was clean but the elevator, like most hotels, was quite a distance from the room (no problem, I don't mind the walk but someone that has mobilty isses may have to request special arrangements.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Lincoln, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a conference and, as always, were not disappointed with Hampton Inn. This Hampton is uniquely placed in an outdoor mall, which included some nice stores, restaurants, and an AMC theatre all right out the front door. I'm not sure if it's a new development, but it was very quiet and almost felt like a ghost town with hardly any people milling around the mall. The motel itself was very clean and the staff was helpful. A HUGE shout out to Crystal who helped us book and straighten out a mess with a third party booking site...she spent well over an hour of her time getting it fixed. Thank you, Crystal!! Our room was clean and very nice, but as noted by other travelers there is only one elevator and it is located at one end of a very long hall. Not a big deal for us, but if you can't or don't want a long walk then request a room that is under the 30's (example: 230, 330, or under). Our room was 350 and it was a long walk! I am a fairly light sleeper, but both of us found the air conditioner to be extremely irritating and loud. I shut it off after the first night thinking I had solved the issue only to have the neighbors AC make the same noise through the wall. Other than the AC, the rooms were very quiet and we heard almost no 'outside' or 'neighbor' noise. Bed and linens were top notch. Breakfast was good, and a decent selection. Overall a nice place to stay! We ended up not staying the extra night we had planned and asked for a refund on an amount that had already been charged to our personal card. Again, they were very pleasant in meeting our request, but still haven't seen refund show up on our card. Hopefully it just takes a few days and will resolve itself.

Room Tip: If you don't care to walk far then choose a room number that ends in number under 30!