“Clean, comfortable and hospitable!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Clean, comfortable and hospitable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I took a "budget" trip to Chicago to visit friends and stayed here. It was an overall excellent stay. The staff was more than accommodating and helpful, the breakfast was good, fresh and well-stocked and the room was spacious and clean. We took the Blue Line from the airport to get everywhere and the shuttle from the hotel to the airport was very convenient. We didn't notice any noise from the airport at all. We are SO happy with our hotel choice and would stay again!

Room Tip: Make sure to specify a non-smoking room at the time of reservation if you aren't a smoker
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear ETgruenke,

Thank you for being our guest, and thank you for a great review! It's especially gratifying to see that you had an excellent stay while watching your budget! We take pride in offering our guests an excellent value, including deluxe continental breakfast, airport shuttle, parking, and wireless internet. I'm glad the Blue Line worked well for your trip into the city, the CTA system is such an easy and affordable way to get around Chicago. Take care, and we'll look forward to your next visit!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bad Axe, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed on the night before our flight our flight out of O'Hare the next morning and then when we returned from our Cruise. We took the shuttle from O'Hare to this hotel after a loooong travel day from Spain. The desk staff was wonderful and checked us into a lovely, comfortable and clean room. We had an issue with the Cable and it was resolved so fast! (The baseball playoffs were on :)
We then ordered the recommended room service and had a great pizza and wings and then off to sleep.
Thank you so much for your great service to two very weary travelers!

Room Tip: first floor, non smoking!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Maggy T,

I think baseball playoffs and pizza is a great way to celebrate your return after a trip abroad! Thank you for choosing us as your O'Hare area hotel, we truly appreciate your kind remarks. I hope that your cruise was a terrific experience, and that you'll visit us again when you are flying from O'Hare... or maybe just staying in this area!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Staff was very friendly and professional. My room was clean and they served a good breakfast to start the day off. They really went out of their way to ensure I had an enjoyable stay. The staff was very knowledgable of the surrounding area and made every effort to help me get to area attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ILTraveler04,

Thank you for a terrific review! We're very proud of our team, and we appreciate your kind remarks, especially about our staff! There are so many fun things to see and do in the "Chicagoland" area, I'm glad we were able to help you enjoy your visit. We hope to welcome you back as a guest to this area again, soon!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for easy access to O'Hare for an early morning flight. The hotel was easy to find and is situated close to some good restaurants. Staff were friendly and let us check in a bit early. Although you can see planes taking off, there was no jet noise. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We'll definitely stay here again if need be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Baycruisers,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for sharing your thoughtful and thorough review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad our hotel worked well for your needs, it's always a pleasure to welcome guests who are bound for (or returning from) O'Hare. We hope the rest of your trip went well, and we'll look forward to your next visit!

Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This independently operated hotel is the worst hotel experience I have had in a long time and I stay in hotels weekly for business travel. I booked through my company's travel provider (which is managed by Expedia) and when I arrived they check me into the smelliest smoking room I have ever been in. I cannot stand cigarette smoke and I immediately get a headache when around smoke. I called eh front desk and they told me that they moved me to a smoking room because I booked through Expedia and my room request were not guaranteed. I can understand if they moved me to a queen instead of a king due to my reservation but the request for a non-smoking room should ALWAYS be accommodated-this is a health concern. I have never been forced to stay in a smoking room when visiting any Country Inn and Suites property or any hotel.

They told me they have no more rooms available (although they could have moved me to a different room because I know there were still guest checking in) and they said they can see about cancelling my room. I asked the front desk clerk if they would pay for my taxi to a different hotel and she said if the hotel was within 5 miles of their hotel. Of course, it is almost impossible to make a same day reservation anywhere in the Chicago are and the only hotel I could find was 10 miles away. I told the manager this ( Azucena) and she tells me it is Expedia fault that I am in a smoking room and to ask them to pay for my taxi. Are you serious? THEY booked me in a smoking room and they chose not to move me because I booked through the company option instead of booking with then. I wasted an hour and a half of my life looking for a different hotel, paying for a taxi to my new hotel and by talking on the phone with Expedia trying to get are fund. The worst hotel experience ever. It should not matter whether I book though an outside party or directly through the hotel. They still get some profit from the deal and If I choose to pay you my money my needs should be met. It’s not much to ask for a non-smoking room.

If they would have paid for my taxi I would have let this go for that is not the case. I know it probably will not matter much since they are independently operated, but I will be contacting the Country Inn & Suites corporate office to express my dissatisfaction. If you choose to operate under the Country Inn and Suites name you should live up to their standards. Thankfully, I was able to get a clean, smoke free room at the Hampton Inn-they never disappoint.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton in in Addison, IL
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear CDP86,

Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate your feedback and wish to apologize for the frustration you experienced. We have made arrangement with Expedia to refund your payment, and they should in turn be able to make a full refund to you. The room type was booked as a smoking studio suite, and unfortunately there was no indication on the reservation that you would prefer a different room type, if it became available. There was a comment requesting that the room not be on the first floor, and we did accommodate that request. Our hotel was entirely sold out the evening you checked in, and unfortunately, there were no alternate rooms available to change your reservation from smoking to nonsmoking. I'm sorry that the room wasn't to your satisfaction, and the appropriate departments have been advised regarding your comments on the cleanliness and freshness of the room. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations with every room, regardless of whether it permits smoking or not. Please contact us at the hotel directly, if there is any difficulty receiving your refund, or if you would like to discuss further.

Manati, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

First, the staff is very friendly and they have gone out of their way.Azusena Alvarado front desk clerk was verry helpful .Room were very clean, and the staff verry helpful ..One of the best breakfest i had in a hotel ..Thanks

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you for your kind review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and helpful staff, I'll be sure to share your feedback with Azucena and the others. We look forward to serving you again, on future visits!

Kane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We recently took 3 of our grandchildren to see Chicago and we stayed here. We booked late (my fault, and they did really try hard to get us in a non-smoking room) so all they had left was a king suite which was great but it was a smoking room which was very obvious.....so my suggestion is, if you don't want to stay in a smoking room go somewhere else....other than that, it was pretty nice, the kids loved the pool(but be careful, the deck area is VERY slippery) and breakfast was pretty good too. The room itself was nice with the microwave and fridge,comfortable bed, even a tv in the sofa area for the kids to watch, it was just stinky....i had to wash everything as soon as we got home and febreeze the suitcases. This Country Inn was not as nice as the one we stayed in before in Schaumburg, IL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Scoobym0m,

Thank you for sharing your review, we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'm glad your family enjoyed the pool and breakfast, but I'm sorry we didn't have your preferred nonsmoking room type available. We apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience resulting from the smoking room, and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure that each room, whether or not it permits smoking, is as clean and fresh as possible. If you and your grandchildren return to the Chicago area, we hope you will consider staying with us again!

Sales Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare NW? Share your experiences!