“No offer of dry cleaning” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“No offer of dry cleaning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked our reservation early in the day on Saturday and got in for a 7:30 no problem. We were promptly seated however it was extremely loud. We had a small table next to the windows in the front. Our server looked overworked and overwhelmed.

We placed our order and our salad arrived quickly, the salad for one was large enough for two. We ordered the bolegnase and it was brought out very early- some other server literally brough it out and pushed it onto our small table with her hip! I was rather disgusted.

After looking the noodles for the dish were incorrect, we flagged down another server because at this point we had only seen our's once- we notified them of the issue and they just grabbed the plate and walked away. We were rather taken back.

After about 25 min. the correct dish was brought out, again large portion but this is where I feel they are completely lacking in customer service and refinement. Food was just average for the price, nothing exciting.
This is where it goes from average to horrible- the gentleman that took my plate to box literally dumped half the rigatoni bolegnase on my sweater- brand new sweater from JCrew, no apology... nothing! My friend and I literally sat there with our mouths agape. At this point we had paid already paid the bill and were fuming. I have never had such poor service. Save your money go downtown to Cafe Spiaggia and have a good experience that is classy.

I traditionally go to the city for a nice meal but heard/read good things about Napoli we will not be going back. - My shout stick and resolve stain remover did not save the new sweater. I will be writing a formal letter.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
il
“EXCELENTE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Food was fantastic. I had chicken marsala and my husband had veal marsala. Both were loaded with mushrooms and a nice rich sauce. We also had the minestrone soup that was wonderful. I have to agree on some of the reviews that they need to warm the bread.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“great neighborhood bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've eaten here a number of times. The pizzas are terrific: flavorful and not too heavy. We enjoyed the Arugula & Prosciutto and the Salsiccia & Rapini. There are some interesting salads and appetizers for a healthy addition to the meal. And calimari! Nice wine list. The new owners are friendly and welcoming. We found the service attentive and not overbearing.

• Visited February 2013
Des Plaines
“Great Italian Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant has been open for a few years and the food was up and down, mostly up. A new owner has taken over in December 2012 and the change is great. The new menu has alot of choices, the service is perfect and the presentation and taste of the food is wonderful. The atmosphere is also unusual and very cozy. Make sure you don't miss this one.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Prospect
“Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very slow service. We ordered an appetizer and it took a half hour before the waitress notified us it was not available. Neither the bread or soup was warm. After an hour we finally received our dinner which was average at best.

• Visited December 2012