“Great little spot to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Church House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossville
Old Church House Inn
Save Saved
You added Old Church House Inn to your Saves list
1416 E Mossville Rd., PO Box 295, Mossville, IL 61552   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossville B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great little spot to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This little B&B is definitely off the beaten track in the Peoria area, but worth the extra 10-15 minute drive. It's a converted church (as you may have guessed by the name) so open spaces and high ceilings dominate the guest area. The proprietors have done a very nice job of separating the guest areas from their own space, so we never felt like we were intruding on their private lives.

The room itself (there's only one bedroom) is very comfortable and has plenty of room for a couple. We were really happy with the layout and space we were given, and the bathroom is really nice! Everything is brand new, so no issues there.

Mostly we enjoyed meeting the owners! They were really fun and took great care of us. We had planned to explore Peoria a bit while in town for work, but ended up relaxing at Church House as much as possible. The best part is definitely the service; I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get out of the big city!

Ross

Room Tip: There's only the one room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Sometimes "off the beaten path" is a good thing! I know that when we travel, we look for a balance of not too distant, yet secluded enough we can truly get away from it all. We are a small inn, so for guests looking for quiet privacy, relaxing comfort, and a generous dose of special amenities, we may be the perfect choice. It is always a pleasure connecting with our guests - we've learned much, and hope that many, like you, take home the fond memories of good conversation and hospitality!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is a dream-come-true kind of a place. You and your Love are the ONLY guests to stay in this Inn. The owners do everything possible to make it a romantic get-away. Believe me, you won't be disappointed! The food is delicious, the bed is comfortable, the entire place is spotless, the bathroom is spacious, the decorations are darling. We felt so pampered. I'd love to go back, and I'm telling all my family and friends about it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
The old adage is to leave something a little better than you found it. We hope that every guest feels a little more relaxed, a little more pampered, and their lives made just a little better because of a great getaway. We know that over the years, many of our guests have become friends, and that has made our lives a little richer! Church House has been welcoming folks for over 24 years, and that, too, speaks of a quality experience. Thanks for being our guest!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a treat to stay at this B&B. Dean and Holly have thought of everything. They even left a handwritten note telling us what the weather would be like the next day. Especially loved the Jacuzzi tub and the thickest towels and bathrobes I've ever used. The beds were comfy, even the hotel-grade futon in the 2nd bedroom. Decor is awesome--everywhere you look there's something else to ooh and aah over. Very relaxing. Our only regret was that we had only one night here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Old Church House Inn. It's our goal to provide all those papering amenities that we rarely take time to do for ourselves. Even the futon had to be the best we could acquire. Many guests say it is equally comfortable to a great standard bed.

We'll look forward to another visit - and pass the word along! Your friends should be our friends, too!

Dean & Holly
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a great business trip stay in Peoria, IL. The Old Church House Inn is conveniently located for those contracted with CAT. Breakfast was exquisite with yogurt, bagel, juice, coffee and fresh fruite one day. Day two bacon, hashbrowns with scrambled eggs and toast with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh strawberries. Where else can you get service like that?!

Room Tip: There's only 1 room so selection is easy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Church House is a great place for the business traveler. Some have said it is like a home away from home! Thanks for sharing your generous comments, and we hope that when you're in the Peoria area again, you'll ring the doorbell!
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Old Church House Inn in Mossville, IL, right outside of Peoria. The home is beautiful with a large circular driveway to park right in front. As soon as I walked in the front door, it was an amazing experience. The warmth and ambience of the home has such a calming effect on you. The owner, Dean Ramseyer, who welcomed me at the door, made me feel right at home. My room was extremely comfortable, from the linens on the bed to the thick plush towels in the bathroom. The classical music playing in the background was very relaxing. The extra touches such as fresh flowers in my room and in the bathroom show that Dean and Holly go out of their way to make your stay special. When I came back from dinner, my bed had been turned down and there were cookies and chocolate in my room. After a great night's sleep, my breakfast was a feast. There was such a variety of delicious and healthy items offered to me to start my day with the daily newspaper right alongside my breakfast plate. I would definitely love to come back to the Old Church House Inn. I have to say that this is the nicest bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
One of our goals is to do for our guests what they rarely have time to do for themselves at home. A quiet getaway, loaded with pampering amenities and delicious food, might be just what the doctor ordered! We're glad your stay met all your expectations, and we look forward to seeing you again when you pass through Peoria, IL!
Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent 5 nights at the Old Church House Inn while in town to complete a very difficult project. Outside temps were over 100 and the project level of difficulty was just as high. After long and strenuouse days I was able to come "home" to the Inn and completely recharge. Such a comfortable and rejuvinating atmosphere. You immediately feel at home. The breakfast is the best you will ever experience. Dean is a gifted chef and presents the meal beautifully. Always a perfect start to the day. I would recommend Dean and Holly's Inn over anywhere I have ever stayed. My travels have taken me around the world so my praise is noteworthy. Book your reservation and look forward to all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: You'll get two rooms for the price of one! Use one as a day room or as an additional room for yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here! The accommodations were lovely and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. AND so many special touches like turn-down service were truly appreciated and made the weekend so memorable for me and my daughter. My daughter (almost 10) LOVED the special reading nook above the sitting room. Thank you, Holly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Old Church House Inn? Share your experiences!