“a sanctuary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Church House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossville
Old Church House Inn
1416 E Mossville Rd., PO Box 295, Mossville, IL 61552   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossville B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“a sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a treat to stay at this B&B. Dean and Holly have thought of everything. They even left a handwritten note telling us what the weather would be like the next day. Especially loved the Jacuzzi tub and the thickest towels and bathrobes I've ever used. The beds were comfy, even the hotel-grade futon in the 2nd bedroom. Decor is awesome--everywhere you look there's something else to ooh and aah over. Very relaxing. Our only regret was that we had only one night here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Old Church House Inn. It's our goal to provide all those papering amenities that we rarely take time to do for ourselves. Even the futon had to be the best we could acquire. Many guests say it is equally comfortable to a great standard bed.

We'll look forward to another visit - and pass the word along! Your friends should be our friends, too!

Dean & Holly

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a great business trip stay in Peoria, IL. The Old Church House Inn is conveniently located for those contracted with CAT. Breakfast was exquisite with yogurt, bagel, juice, coffee and fresh fruite one day. Day two bacon, hashbrowns with scrambled eggs and toast with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh strawberries. Where else can you get service like that?!

Room Tip: There's only 1 room so selection is easy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Church House is a great place for the business traveler. Some have said it is like a home away from home! Thanks for sharing your generous comments, and we hope that when you're in the Peoria area again, you'll ring the doorbell!
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Old Church House Inn in Mossville, IL, right outside of Peoria. The home is beautiful with a large circular driveway to park right in front. As soon as I walked in the front door, it was an amazing experience. The warmth and ambience of the home has such a calming effect on you. The owner, Dean Ramseyer, who welcomed me at the door, made me feel right at home. My room was extremely comfortable, from the linens on the bed to the thick plush towels in the bathroom. The classical music playing in the background was very relaxing. The extra touches such as fresh flowers in my room and in the bathroom show that Dean and Holly go out of their way to make your stay special. When I came back from dinner, my bed had been turned down and there were cookies and chocolate in my room. After a great night's sleep, my breakfast was a feast. There was such a variety of delicious and healthy items offered to me to start my day with the daily newspaper right alongside my breakfast plate. I would definitely love to come back to the Old Church House Inn. I have to say that this is the nicest bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
One of our goals is to do for our guests what they rarely have time to do for themselves at home. A quiet getaway, loaded with pampering amenities and delicious food, might be just what the doctor ordered! We're glad your stay met all your expectations, and we look forward to seeing you again when you pass through Peoria, IL!
Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent 5 nights at the Old Church House Inn while in town to complete a very difficult project. Outside temps were over 100 and the project level of difficulty was just as high. After long and strenuouse days I was able to come "home" to the Inn and completely recharge. Such a comfortable and rejuvinating atmosphere. You immediately feel at home. The breakfast is the best you will ever experience. Dean is a gifted chef and presents the meal beautifully. Always a perfect start to the day. I would recommend Dean and Holly's Inn over anywhere I have ever stayed. My travels have taken me around the world so my praise is noteworthy. Book your reservation and look forward to all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: You'll get two rooms for the price of one! Use one as a day room or as an additional room for yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here! The accommodations were lovely and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. AND so many special touches like turn-down service were truly appreciated and made the weekend so memorable for me and my daughter. My daughter (almost 10) LOVED the special reading nook above the sitting room. Thank you, Holly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I can't recommend the Old Church House Inn enough. They have one room that gets half of the church to itself: a downstairs living area, the bedroom upstairs (with a very soft bed), a bathroom with jacuzzi, and a sitting area.

The owners, Dean and Holly, are what take takes this bnb from lovely to fantastic. They are warm and attentive, while giving you space to relax by yourself. They add small touches that make all the difference. Classical music plays softly (very softly, not irritatingly) in the living area. A little plate of freshly baked cookies waits on the desk in the sitting room. At night, a handwritten weather forecast sits on your turned down bed.

Breakfast is delicious! They asked about any preferences, but as we didn't have any, we were greeted by surprising and delicious meals. Fresh fruit and entrees with great and interesting flavor combinations (cream cheese herbed eggs with crispy bacon, fresh popovers, oven baked apple granola).

Although it isn't located in main Peoria, it is really a very short drive to town (less than ten minutes to Peoria Heights). If you are visiting Caterpillar in Mossville, it's really only two minutes away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The property was very well-kept and the hosts were very warm and hospitable. We were greeted and welcomed upon our arrival, given a tour and realized we had the whole place to ourselves...which is rather large. Dean and Holly thought of everything, even a hand-written weather report left on our bed while we were out. Fresh baked sugar cookies were also there for us upon our return and they were delicious. Dean was kind enough to check with us before-hand about breakfast and any allergies. Our breakfast for two was made to order for us and was delightful. We enjoyed our experience and plan to return the next opportunity we have.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Church House Inn? Share your experiences!