“Like home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Church House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossville
Old Church House Inn
You added Old Church House Inn to your Saves list
1416 E Mossville Rd., PO Box 295, Mossville, IL 61552   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossville B&B and Inns
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
“Like home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Old Church House Inn in Mossville, IL, right outside of Peoria. The home is beautiful with a large circular driveway to park right in front. As soon as I walked in the front door, it was an amazing experience. The warmth and ambience of the home has such a calming effect on you. The owner, Dean Ramseyer, who welcomed me at the door, made me feel right at home. My room was extremely comfortable, from the linens on the bed to the thick plush towels in the bathroom. The classical music playing in the background was very relaxing. The extra touches such as fresh flowers in my room and in the bathroom show that Dean and Holly go out of their way to make your stay special. When I came back from dinner, my bed had been turned down and there were cookies and chocolate in my room. After a great night's sleep, my breakfast was a feast. There was such a variety of delicious and healthy items offered to me to start my day with the daily newspaper right alongside my breakfast plate. I would definitely love to come back to the Old Church House Inn. I have to say that this is the nicest bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
oldchurchhouse, Owner at Old Church House Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
One of our goals is to do for our guests what they rarely have time to do for themselves at home. A quiet getaway, loaded with pampering amenities and delicious food, might be just what the doctor ordered! We're glad your stay met all your expectations, and we look forward to seeing you again when you pass through Peoria, IL!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent 5 nights at the Old Church House Inn while in town to complete a very difficult project. Outside temps were over 100 and the project level of difficulty was just as high. After long and strenuouse days I was able to come "home" to the Inn and completely recharge. Such a comfortable and rejuvinating atmosphere. You immediately feel at home. The breakfast is the best you will ever experience. Dean is a gifted chef and presents the meal beautifully. Always a perfect start to the day. I would recommend Dean and Holly's Inn over anywhere I have ever stayed. My travels have taken me around the world so my praise is noteworthy. Book your reservation and look forward to all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: You'll get two rooms for the price of one! Use one as a day room or as an additional room for yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here! The accommodations were lovely and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. AND so many special touches like turn-down service were truly appreciated and made the weekend so memorable for me and my daughter. My daughter (almost 10) LOVED the special reading nook above the sitting room. Thank you, Holly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I can't recommend the Old Church House Inn enough. They have one room that gets half of the church to itself: a downstairs living area, the bedroom upstairs (with a very soft bed), a bathroom with jacuzzi, and a sitting area.

The owners, Dean and Holly, are what take takes this bnb from lovely to fantastic. They are warm and attentive, while giving you space to relax by yourself. They add small touches that make all the difference. Classical music plays softly (very softly, not irritatingly) in the living area. A little plate of freshly baked cookies waits on the desk in the sitting room. At night, a handwritten weather forecast sits on your turned down bed.

Breakfast is delicious! They asked about any preferences, but as we didn't have any, we were greeted by surprising and delicious meals. Fresh fruit and entrees with great and interesting flavor combinations (cream cheese herbed eggs with crispy bacon, fresh popovers, oven baked apple granola).

Although it isn't located in main Peoria, it is really a very short drive to town (less than ten minutes to Peoria Heights). If you are visiting Caterpillar in Mossville, it's really only two minutes away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The property was very well-kept and the hosts were very warm and hospitable. We were greeted and welcomed upon our arrival, given a tour and realized we had the whole place to ourselves...which is rather large. Dean and Holly thought of everything, even a hand-written weather report left on our bed while we were out. Fresh baked sugar cookies were also there for us upon our return and they were delicious. Dean was kind enough to check with us before-hand about breakfast and any allergies. Our breakfast for two was made to order for us and was delightful. We enjoyed our experience and plan to return the next opportunity we have.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The Old Church Inn was built in the 1800's. The building has experienced history that has converted the "church" aspects to a truly magnificent home.
The Inn does not have multiple accomodations like other larger B&B's and here is where the difference lies:
The guests have complete access to the lower and upper floor of the Inn from the front view of the home. Exquisite furnishings, a dining room, grand staircase and a library nook accessed by a ladder complete the entrance. Take the grand staircase to the second floor and the guests find deliciously soft bed (Double). This may be the minor weakness for the Inn. The softness of the bed would have been an issue for my husband; however, I was there for business in Peoria. I slept within minutes of nesting into the bed. My husband would most likely have a back issue due to the softness of the bed.
For three days, I had a separate sunny room decorated to delight the senses in a beach theme where I set up my computers, printer, phone, etc. It was perfect for keeping up with business. Complementary Tea, soda, cookies, bottled water, popcorn, microwave and refrigerator were most welcome.
Late at night, I would run a hot bath, soaking away the day in the jacuzzi. Bath salts and body lotion were provided.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Holly and Dean are careful to determine and food issues prior to your visit.
We are frequent B&B travelers. This is by far the best I have ever experienced. The spacious home, virtually all to yourself, very soft classical music in the library loft...Get out some piano books and see what you remember from your piano lessons as you enjoy the beauty and tone of the Kawai piano.
Thank you, Holly and Dean, for this treasured home experience. Your hospitality and the detailed comforts were amazing; your listening ear to a frazzled traveller was an added comfort during difficult times. What more can I say. This historic home exudes everything one could ever ask for adventurers, lovers and/or weary travellers.

Room Tip: Call ahead. Holly and Dean will accomodate your needs.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was very impressed with the decor and the breakfast provided by the hosts; Holly especially was very friendly and eager to please. I had a bit of trouble with the wireless connection, but Holly was able to commandeer another family member's laptop so that I could print out my boarding pass. Breakfast was delicious and the bed very comfortable! My only disappointment was the very limited channel selection on the small TV -- after a long business day I simply like to veg out and destress, which given only 5-6 channels to choose from, was not really an option.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Old Church House Inn? Share your experiences!