“Lovely and perfect for a mother-daughter get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Church House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mossville
Old Church House Inn
You added Old Church House Inn to your Saves list
1416 E Mossville Rd., PO Box 295, Mossville, IL 61552   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mossville B&B and Inns
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Lovely and perfect for a mother-daughter get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here! The accommodations were lovely and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. AND so many special touches like turn-down service were truly appreciated and made the weekend so memorable for me and my daughter. My daughter (almost 10) LOVED the special reading nook above the sitting room. Thank you, Holly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I can't recommend the Old Church House Inn enough. They have one room that gets half of the church to itself: a downstairs living area, the bedroom upstairs (with a very soft bed), a bathroom with jacuzzi, and a sitting area.

The owners, Dean and Holly, are what take takes this bnb from lovely to fantastic. They are warm and attentive, while giving you space to relax by yourself. They add small touches that make all the difference. Classical music plays softly (very softly, not irritatingly) in the living area. A little plate of freshly baked cookies waits on the desk in the sitting room. At night, a handwritten weather forecast sits on your turned down bed.

Breakfast is delicious! They asked about any preferences, but as we didn't have any, we were greeted by surprising and delicious meals. Fresh fruit and entrees with great and interesting flavor combinations (cream cheese herbed eggs with crispy bacon, fresh popovers, oven baked apple granola).

Although it isn't located in main Peoria, it is really a very short drive to town (less than ten minutes to Peoria Heights). If you are visiting Caterpillar in Mossville, it's really only two minutes away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The property was very well-kept and the hosts were very warm and hospitable. We were greeted and welcomed upon our arrival, given a tour and realized we had the whole place to ourselves...which is rather large. Dean and Holly thought of everything, even a hand-written weather report left on our bed while we were out. Fresh baked sugar cookies were also there for us upon our return and they were delicious. Dean was kind enough to check with us before-hand about breakfast and any allergies. Our breakfast for two was made to order for us and was delightful. We enjoyed our experience and plan to return the next opportunity we have.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The Old Church Inn was built in the 1800's. The building has experienced history that has converted the "church" aspects to a truly magnificent home.
The Inn does not have multiple accomodations like other larger B&B's and here is where the difference lies:
The guests have complete access to the lower and upper floor of the Inn from the front view of the home. Exquisite furnishings, a dining room, grand staircase and a library nook accessed by a ladder complete the entrance. Take the grand staircase to the second floor and the guests find deliciously soft bed (Double). This may be the minor weakness for the Inn. The softness of the bed would have been an issue for my husband; however, I was there for business in Peoria. I slept within minutes of nesting into the bed. My husband would most likely have a back issue due to the softness of the bed.
For three days, I had a separate sunny room decorated to delight the senses in a beach theme where I set up my computers, printer, phone, etc. It was perfect for keeping up with business. Complementary Tea, soda, cookies, bottled water, popcorn, microwave and refrigerator were most welcome.
Late at night, I would run a hot bath, soaking away the day in the jacuzzi. Bath salts and body lotion were provided.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Holly and Dean are careful to determine and food issues prior to your visit.
We are frequent B&B travelers. This is by far the best I have ever experienced. The spacious home, virtually all to yourself, very soft classical music in the library loft...Get out some piano books and see what you remember from your piano lessons as you enjoy the beauty and tone of the Kawai piano.
Thank you, Holly and Dean, for this treasured home experience. Your hospitality and the detailed comforts were amazing; your listening ear to a frazzled traveller was an added comfort during difficult times. What more can I say. This historic home exudes everything one could ever ask for adventurers, lovers and/or weary travellers.

Room Tip: Call ahead. Holly and Dean will accomodate your needs.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was very impressed with the decor and the breakfast provided by the hosts; Holly especially was very friendly and eager to please. I had a bit of trouble with the wireless connection, but Holly was able to commandeer another family member's laptop so that I could print out my boarding pass. Breakfast was delicious and the bed very comfortable! My only disappointment was the very limited channel selection on the small TV -- after a long business day I simply like to veg out and destress, which given only 5-6 channels to choose from, was not really an option.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Niceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

The two rooms, bathroom and living room were potlessly clean and luxuriously supplied. Holly and Dean made us gourmet breakfasts, even with our special food requests. The location in Mossville was perfect for us, with 5 minutes to Robinson Park where we walked every morning, and 15 minutes from downtown Peoria where we did genealogy research.

Room Tip: We essentially had half their house to ourselves! The two rooms overlook the living and dining room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Old Church House Inn while attending a wedding in Peoria. What a gem of a B & B! Originally a church built in the 1860s, the building was converted into an inn by the current owners, who live in one half of the structure. The entire "other half" is one very large, graciously appointed guest suite. The main portion has expansive, 18-foot ceilings and a dining room and large sitting area, complete with a fireplace and a piano. Over the entry is a "book loft," accessible by ladder (proceed at your own risk!) and furnished with book-lined shelves and a reading chair and bordered with the original structure's altar rail. The long and elegant staircase leads to the bedroom, bath, and additional sitting room, which can convert to a second bedroom for children, perhaps. The bedroom is beautifully Victorian, and the bathroom, also in "period decor," is completely up-to-date in its amenities. Antique furnishings and accessories abound, and everything is scrupulously clean. And the breakfast ...delicious, elegantly presented by the host, who is happy to chat or just leave you alone, it's up to you. The Ramseyers are gracious hosts and have created a lovely getaway experience in Mossville. I highly recommend it and would eagerly return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Church House Inn? Share your experiences!