“Bad service at front desk” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Morton
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Bad service at front desk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Room was nice, but service at front desk was horrible. Stayed there 3 separate nights and had problems checking in every night. Booked 3 rooms 1 night and only 2 available when we arrived, then we were charged for an upgrade to a suite. People at front desk hardly understood english. Did not even know what deoderant was. When I complained about loss reservation they were not responsive at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lemont, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Made reservation at 10AM, showed up at 9PM the same night. Reservation lost. No rooms available. It looked seedy/dingy inside anyway. Went across the street to a surprisingly nice Best Western that was only 10 dollars more a night anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Is stayed a few nights ago. Checked in about 9 pm, nice receptionist, but told my room on 2nd floor, no elevator. They were helpful with the luggage carrying some for me up the stairs. Room clean, but spartan. I couldn't get TV to work. Shower fine. Work out area doesn't open until 7 am. Coffee at breakfast, (which was free) was not hot.

Room Tip: ask for first floor when making reservation
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Instead of staying in Peoria or East Peoria for March Madness this year my daughters and I stayed here instead. I was pleasantly surprised at how new and clean everything was. I reserved a double queen room online the night before arrival and was moved to a suite for some reason when I arrived, which was fine with us. The mattress and all bedding were like new, the pull out sofa was very clean, carpets were clean, bathrooms were clean, etc. Felt like I was in a new hotel. Continental breakfast was what you would expect...danishes, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereals and they added sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Service was extremely friendly, even late at night. Travel quite a bit for softball and my family will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room was okay. Probably on the low side of a 2 star rating. The air conditioner was temperamental. Kept shutting off when room was still very warm. We could not get it to regulate. The bathroom looked clean but had a urine odor that was annoying. Not sure where it was coming from. The furniture in the room was nice and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was the typical breakfast.

Room Tip: We got there late and left early so did not use any of their services. May want to be sure the air...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here during the November madness, Illinois' state cross country meet . While the hotel was on the far east edge of the Peoria metro area, everything we needed was either right nearby (Walmart superstore) or a quick drive on 74. Rooms clean, bathrooms well maintained - no crud in corners or mineral buildup. Staff friendly on checkin, but new to area so not a ton of help on restaurant reccomendations. We'll go back next year.
The breakfast area is very small, the food offered was only the usual mediocre motel variety. Staff put high schoolers at the back on 2nd floor and nob-kid travellers up front.y

Only resonance for average rating was new desk clerk w/ limited area knowledge.

• Stayed November 2011
Peoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

My husband and I made reservations at the Baymont Inn, in Morton Illinois in Feb. We stayed only one night. We were suspto stay three nights but we had a family emergency and had to leave the next day. We reserved the room on our credit card and payed cash for the room. The card was charged twice. And we have only received one charge back in the amount of 106.00. The other 106.00 has not been received. I have tried to talk to the hotel and each time they tell me it is my banks issue. I have called my bank and they say that the hotel has not released the hold on our credit card. We only stayed one night and I paid for that in cash. We are not rich people and can not afford to loose one hundred dollars. We stayed to try to have a good weekend for our 6 year anniversary and have had nothing but problems. What an anniversary to remember, huh? On top the the money issue the room we stayed in was dirty. The huge tub that we paid for have long black hairs inside of it and the room stunk like smoke. It was a non smoking room! I was quite upset.. Beware if u decide to stay there..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Morton? Share your experiences!