“enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Morton
s.ohio
“enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Internet was fast enough for my 14 yr old. Being a gamer that is important. The room was very comfortable and roomy. Had no complaints at all with the hotel would stay again. Got a great deal on the room. Very happy with our stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AshlandHouse-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Pathfinderwavohio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Ashland House in Morton. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable for the entire family. Please be sure to come back and see us again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Quincy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Normally I hate staying in a hotel that has any smoking rooms at all or that ever had any smoking rooms. But, I could not tell that anyone smoked in this hotel at all. Saw lots of other guests and cars in the parking lot but in my room I heard no outside noises; nice and quiet. The breakfast foods were delicious (honest to goodness real scrambled eggs!) though the seating was awkward. Great staff. Easy to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandHouse-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with your fellow travelers.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found your accommodations both quiet and relaxing. I will be sure to share your kind words with my entire staff and please come back and stay with us again the next time your travels find you in the area.
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This stay would have been okay . . . the room was fine for the budget hotels such as this. Clean. Wi-Fi is not very good. The amenities seemed better on paper than when we were there. The fitness room needs updated, and has no air conditioning. HOT! The pool was suddenly closed for maintenance when we were there and my young child was extremely disappointed. When we inquired about whether the pool would be available at all, we were told they didn't know and the staff acted like it was ridiculous for us to even ask. They didn't try to accommodate us at all with a pool at another hotel or a local community pool. My son was extremely disappointed and I was disappointed with the hotel response to this issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted due to pool maintenance. Unfortunately pool maintenance is a necessary function in maintaining a safe environment for you, your family and all of our hotel guests that enjoy the pool area. When we do close the pool for maintenance purposes we try to avoid peak hours/days such as evenings and weekends so the impact of the closure is limited. I know our timing was an inconvenience to you and your family and I apologize for this necessity.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in July 2013 in a king room. It was comfortable and we definitely had plenty of room. There was a desk chair and another chair with ottoman so we didn't have to sit on the bed all the time and I like that. Everyone was pleasant. The breakfast was similar to what you would get at any hotel that includes breakfast with the room. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance also. The only thing that bothered me was that the toilet is VERY close to the vanity, almost uncomfortably close. The AAA listing said that there was a microwave in the room but there wasn't. There was one in the guest laundry room so if I really wanted to make popcorn I would have managed it.

Room Tip: This hotel is in an industrial area right off the interstate and we didn't hear any noise. I do...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
AshlandHouse-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Ashland House for your hotel accommodations during your recent stay in Morton. I am happy to hear that you found your room comfortable and the staff friendly and accommodating.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of the hotel and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Morton IL area.
Fishers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was a pleasure stay and I would stay there again!! Front desk people were very helpful with a need I had!! The room was clean and very nice!! Can't wait to have a reason to come back!! It is close to top knot restaurants as well!! All within walking distance!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AshlandHouse-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in the area. Thanks again and safe travels!
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been staying at Ashland House regularly for over 6 years and overall have been very satisfied with the room and hotel. On the rare occasion there has been a problem the staff has addressed it with a smile. The rooms are very comfortable and recently updated. We especially like having a refrigerator and a wet sink. We had 2 rooms this trip because our son and his family joined us. This was the first time I used the pool and found it to be very nice and our granddaughter loved it. The breakfast has enough variety to meet everyone's needs. Usually we eat our breakfast at the buffet but this time I used a tray from the room and took my granddaughter; she had so much fun picking breakfast items for her mom, dad, grandfather and little sister as a treat before we went out for a family brunch. The staff always has their guests needs in mind and are friendly and efficient. Once I tried one of the other hotels across the parking lot and said never again. As long as we have family in Morton we will be visiting Ashland House regularly.

Room Tip: If you are not going to use the in room safe request that the safe charge not appear on the bill. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AshlandHouse-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our property and for your loyal patronage during these past 6 years. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team and we look forward to serving you and your family the next time you come to Morton to visit. Thank you again and we look forward to another 6 years plus!

Been to BEST WESTERN Ashland House & Conference Center? Share your experiences!