“Pizza Ranch or Chicken Ranch?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Morton, Illinois, United States
“Pizza Ranch or Chicken Ranch?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

While the pizza in excellent and they will make ANY pizza you request to be put on the buffet, the locals often call the Pizza Ranch the Chicken Ranch. This is because their chicken is crispy, moist, and tastes like your southern grandma's use to serve at Sundays dinners. Many of the locals will go there at lunch for a carry out order for their whole working crew. On the chicken buffet line, their soups are homemade, their mashed potatoes are from real potatoes and veggies are plentiful and taste fresh picked. There is no alcohol serves here and it is VERY kid-friendly. A perfect place to stop when you're on the road traveling with the family.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

peoria, il
“Better than average Buffet, Good Variety, Great for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

One thing that stands out at Pizza Ranch, is that when you come in, they ask "Is there a certain Pizza you'd like?", and they'll make that pizza and bring it to your table, ask you "how many slices would you like?", then put the rest on the buffet. The buffalo chicken pizza is great, not overly hot. The fried chicken is decent, but gets picked over pretty quickly. While some buffets are filled with flavorless sides, Pizza Ranch seems to have pretty good sides. Also of note, the staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome. They play Christian music on the pa, but it's not very loud and wouldn't be irritating if that's not your thing. I would recommend, and would go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Average Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pizza is okay, chicken is pretty good. The dessert pizza is the best. Service is fine. If you're looking for a few things to choose from in a buffet and relaxed setting, this will do, and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
o'fallon, mo
“Great for hungry families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent, friendly service (they brought out pizza requests even though it was a buffet). Pizza was hot and great, salad bar also.

Visited July 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“Pizza Ranch--well worth another try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to the Pizza Ranch before and even though there was a variety of pizzas to choose on the buffet it just didn't seem to hit the spot. This week we went again even though I wasn't interested in going. It has been awhile so I gave into peer pressure (my extended family loves this place) and tried it again after a year or so of refusing to come back. I am so glad I did.

The first thing I noticed different was the staff. They were very welcoming and helpful. I didn't find that to be true of previous visits. We were greeted at the door and checked on several times during our meal. We were encouraged to order pizzas and dessert pizzas of our choosing. I love this aspect of the restaurant.

The next thing I noticed was the pizzas seemed to be kept at a better temperature. Every piece of pizza I had off the buffet was hot and tasty. Last time I couldn't find a combination that suited me. This time I fell in love with the BLT and could have eaten myself sick on it. We also met the needs of the kids by ordering a plain extra cheese pizza. Then we ended on an apple dessert pizza. Yum.

The other thing I noticed was that the restaurant was busier than any other time I had been there before. I'm sure that contributed to the fact that the pizza was hot and fresh. So I will be sure to visit during prime meal times.

I had a piece of chicken from the bar and even though I didn't care for it my husband loved it. He deemed it too moist for my taste. Yes, I like dried out chicken. The chicken flew off the bar and they were constantly replenishing the supply that it didn't have a chance to dry out. For most people that would be a plus.

They also had a modge podge of other food items on the two bars. They had a full salad bar complete with chocolate pudding to my son's delight. There was hot soup, mashed potatoes, corn and other items available with the chicken.

I'm glad I gave into the family's wishes and tried this place again because I really enjoyed it and plan to return soon.

• Visited June 2013