“Great for hungry families” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 40 restaurants in Morton
Cuisines: American
o'fallon, mo
“Great for hungry families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent, friendly service (they brought out pizza requests even though it was a buffet). Pizza was hot and great, salad bar also.

Visited July 2013

57% Recommend
Peoria, Illinois
“Pizza Ranch--well worth another try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to the Pizza Ranch before and even though there was a variety of pizzas to choose on the buffet it just didn't seem to hit the spot. This week we went again even though I wasn't interested in going. It has been awhile so I gave into peer pressure (my extended family loves this place) and tried it again after a year or so of refusing to come back. I am so glad I did.

The first thing I noticed different was the staff. They were very welcoming and helpful. I didn't find that to be true of previous visits. We were greeted at the door and checked on several times during our meal. We were encouraged to order pizzas and dessert pizzas of our choosing. I love this aspect of the restaurant.

The next thing I noticed was the pizzas seemed to be kept at a better temperature. Every piece of pizza I had off the buffet was hot and tasty. Last time I couldn't find a combination that suited me. This time I fell in love with the BLT and could have eaten myself sick on it. We also met the needs of the kids by ordering a plain extra cheese pizza. Then we ended on an apple dessert pizza. Yum.

The other thing I noticed was that the restaurant was busier than any other time I had been there before. I'm sure that contributed to the fact that the pizza was hot and fresh. So I will be sure to visit during prime meal times.

I had a piece of chicken from the bar and even though I didn't care for it my husband loved it. He deemed it too moist for my taste. Yes, I like dried out chicken. The chicken flew off the bar and they were constantly replenishing the supply that it didn't have a chance to dry out. For most people that would be a plus.

They also had a modge podge of other food items on the two bars. They had a full salad bar complete with chocolate pudding to my son's delight. There was hot soup, mashed potatoes, corn and other items available with the chicken.

I'm glad I gave into the family's wishes and tried this place again because I really enjoyed it and plan to return soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pekin, Illinois
“Foods not bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food isn't bad and they have a decent selection. They also take requests at the register when you walk in and will bring it to you. Sometimes it can get a little cluttered with dirty dishes and that becomes unsightly but otherwise it is OK.

Visited April 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“best fried chicken,good pizza.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great place to get full !! The fried chicken is the best in town(sorry KFC) The pizza is average but always fresh.The salad bar is ok,nothing great but not terrible.Plenty of food selection including dessert pizza.Mostly a buffet style but you can order pizza off the menu too.

Visited February 2013
“Good pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went for a family dinner out. Was good food had many types of pizza on the buffet line, as well as Fried Chicken. Was a bit expensive considering the Pizza deals around now. If you want to pay 10 each to eat pizza this place has good food, clean , and very freindly

Visited November 2012