“Late night staff was extremely helpful!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Kittredge, Colorado
“Late night staff was extremely helpful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel and rooms were standard and adequate for this level of hotel, however I felt the need to write a review to say how extremely helpful the late night staff was. The woman at the desk went above and beyond as far as customer service goes. If you are on a cross country road trip and routinely arriving at hotel/motels after the hour of 11pm, you know how rare this is.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have any disabilities or heavy luggage request a room on the first floor. Als...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Windsor, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Not the best Comfort Inn that I have stayed. It is situated next to an Adult toy store and a very frequented trucker hotel. The desk person was creepy telling me that "he could get into my room if he wanted." Very unnerving when you are a woman travelling alone. I advise anyone travelling to the area to book at the Holiday Inn Express down the road.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

nothing fancy. 2 floor hotel, no elevator. Somewhat outdated, older TV, beds not bad, but not great. Clean, no bugs, my 2 requirements!!! Web site didn't mention it, but we had a microwave and fridge in the room. Says continental breakfeast, they also had eggs and sausage both mornings. Small pool and hot tub. Didn't use the pool, but other guests said the water was very cold. They were having issues with a leak in the hot tub, and on Friday night the water was about 80 degrees. Saturday night is was better, closer to 100. Sunday morning the tub was closed. We chose this hotel because of the hot tub. Our suggestion is to call first to see if it is working if this is important to you. Desk clerks, and breakfast workers go above and beyond to help.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

the staff was very nice, the room was wonderful( we had a king size nonsmoking) the pool was not very warm though it was advertised as being heated. good breakfast( try the waffles). I think it was a great stay for the price we got online. very clean, ample towels, no bugs,close to restaurants. We did have a problem with the heat, it was either too hot or too cold.... but we loved the room so we "toughed it out."

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Road Warrior
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

If your just passing through town and need a hot shower and a bed then this hotel would be fine, however, if I had to stay for more then one night I think I'd keep going to Chicago. This hotel is about as basic as it gets, if you paid more then $59 for it your probably getting ripped off because it certainly isn't worth more then that, sadly I paid $75 which was not a good deal at all.

The rooms appear to have gotten a bit of a remodel fairly recently but its definitely nothing to get excited about. I don't think they did anything with the bathrooms. The bathrooms are tiny, my shower curtain was moldy, the sink didn't drain properly and the toilet ran all night.

The beds were awful as well, very firm and uncomfortable. The bedding was worn and looked liked something you'd find at Goodwill.

In reality this hotel should be an EconoLodge not a Comfort Inn, I'm not sure how they are keeping their Comfort Inn moniker, one can only assume they are operating under waivers from Choice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I booked a week at this hotel because I was home visiting family and friends. I wasn't interested in the pool or anything..just a clean room and decent breakfast.

Hotel--Wasn't too bad. It supposedly was redone last year and the commons areas seemed fresh. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. I looked at the pool and it looked clean, as did the hot tub.

Breakfast--Fair. Nothing but cold cereal, juice, oatmeal mix, and a begian waffle maker. standard bananas and apples. Did have boiled eggs but no yogurt, meat, or other hot item. Could use some improvement. IHOP is right next door as is R-Place. MUCH better choices. Had a TV tuned to the news, floors and table were clean.

The room--Smelled moldy and like mildew. I had the A/C down but could never alleviate the odor. Floor felt "sticky" and dirty. Bedding was clean though I tossed the outdated bedspread the minute I walked in. Frankly, I was afraid to inspect the room all that much for fear of grossing myself out. Wi-Fi worked with little trouble.

The bathroom--Other reviewers have said "it is small". What they mean is, you have to walk into the room and wedge yourself between the toilet and sink to close the door. And you have to close the door to get in and out of the shower. Unless you're stick thin (which I am not but I am NOT overweight), the door also hits you while you stand at the sink. The whole design is just wrong and very inconvenient.

I choose this hotel because of 1) price and 2) reviews said it was recently redone. Uh..not the room I was in. Pickings are slim in Morris but I will try my luck elsewhere the next time I am in town.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Surprised to us we were upgraded to a suite. Basically includes a sofa, microwave and refrig. Missed continental breakfast but suggest RPlace across the street. Great food. Only downside that may bother some is the Adult video and book store next door. It is an older motel but we had no problems for the single night we wel there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Morris Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!