“Very Cool Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dixon, IL
“Very Cool Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My friend, my niece and I stopped here for lunch today on our way to check out the Three French Hens Market. The place was sure busy, packed with people, but we didn't have to wait very long as some of the people ahead of us had left before they were called. There is seating in the shop downstairs and upstairs is like a balcony with open rails so you can see down below to the shop area and there is also outdoor patio seating. We sat upstairs along the balcony so we had a good view of the whole place, which was good, because it took us forever to get our food! The decor is very cleverly done, lots to look at, got some great ideas for decorating! We had pots of tea, they had regular and I had the lemon ginger roobois, which was very good. We all ordered the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, they had soup with theirs and I had salad. The chicken salad was really good, made with strawberrys and pecans. I had the house sweet cream dressing which was served on the side in a thimble sized cup. It was excellent, next time I will ask for extra! It also came with potato chips and fruit. The service was really slow, but they were extremely busy, probably because it was a market day. It won't stop us from going there again, we will just make sure we get there earlier! Would be a fantastic place to have a baby/bridal shower!

• Visited May 2014

Morris, Illinois
“Sister Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very good friendly staff. My sister and I go whenever school is out. It is only open for lunch and being teachers it does not allow us to go very often.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morris
“W o w”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place for lunch, and she mentioned this place. I'd never tried it, so I thought it would be a nice departure from fast food.

I was very surprised how right I was. The food was very very good. I ordered a soup and sandwich as did my wife - I tried their beef on swirled rye bread, and my wife had the Cobb (egg) salad sandwich on the same bread.

For soup, they had a couple, but we both went for the spinach bisque, which was just great. Hot and tasty, the entire bowl vanished in a very short time.

As the sandwich arrives on the plate with the soup, you think "That's a BIG sandwich." This thing had to be 3 to 4 inches thick - it had a layer of roast beef, sprouts, lettuce, onions, sauce and a nice, big slice of fresh tomato. It was really good.

We finished off the lunch with a slice of their chocolate cake, which was moist and darn good. I like it when you can actually taste the chocolate. This was good stuff.

In terms of decor, you'll be walking back in time to your great aunt or grandmother's house, all the way down to the flatware on the table, the coffee cups, and even the decor. It's like stepping into the time tunnel of the late 50's and early 60's, but with better food.

• Visited May 2014
forsyth. Missouri
“Don't miss like going to grandma's house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The strawberry soup and chicken salad
Was incredible. Don't forget the dessert
Which are numerous and are made from
Scratch.huge variety of tea and regular and specialty coffees. Tea room is open 1030- 200, closed Sundays and mondays.
Cash and plastic credit cards accepted. Gift certificates are available.

“A little piece of Main St. America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Lettie Mae's Tea Room is a cute little spot for a great lunch. Their salads and soups are wonderful and the atmosphere is darling.

• Visited December 2013