“Overrated and Outdated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Morris
Wilmington, Illinois
“Overrated and Outdated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided it would be nice to have a night away from reality and chose this hotel based on the price. We reserved a queen room and ended up in a full. (Room 106) We choose not to address this issue considering how booked the motel was. The motel staff were nice but kind of offered overbearing customer service. I had to run out to Walmart at 11:30 at night and they were there in their PJs sitting around and conversing. The room was dirty. As soon as I got to the room, I pulled back the sheets (out of habit) only to find hair and smeared cigarette ashes on the sheets. We asked for new sheets and they were delivered. The decor was 70s decor and terrible outdated. The grout by the tub was disgusting and peeling up from the floor and tub. The shower also made a rumbling noise when I turned it on. The paint in the room was peeling from the walls in areas. There weren't any convenient outlets and the one outlet that was empty was loose so our plug kept falling out of it. The slamming of doors around 6 in the morning were terrible. It continued for thirty minutes or so. We were also next to the mechanical room and the noise from that room was HORRIBLE at times. I unfortunately was to upset about the door slamming that continued to wake me and my wife up all morning that I didn't even want to try breakfast and left 3 hours before checkout. Also, before I forget, I froze and roasted all night because I would wake up, turn the heat on, and fall asleep with it on. I would then wake up and turn the fan on only to wake up an hr later freezing. Digital HVAC would be a nice investment for this motel.

I would say spend the extra $15 or $20 and go to the Economy Inn less than 2 miles away.

Pros: Customer Service, Comfortable Mattress, and well.... Not much of anything else
Cons: Dirty Room, Outdated, Loudness of outside noises as well as inside

Room Tip: Don't... Just don't.... Spend a few more dollars and get a better experience somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
okc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

One week the room rate is 58.99 the next week they want 72.00 for a room that you can't deadbolt the door because its broken. Needless to say I walked out and will not be going back to that motel again.

• Stayed January 2014
cleveland,ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Gross, Gross, Gross! This place needs serious updating....dirty old mattresses. old worn sheets and towels and a shower that made a serious howling noise the whole time using it. Disgusting stains on the walls and doors Clean the place up and make an investment in updating the place. For the privilege of staying here, they charged me an extra $20 for my dogs to stay in their "clean" room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Morris? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Morris

Address: 70 Green Acres Drive, Morris, IL 60450 3311
Location: United States > Illinois > Morris
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Morris
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Morris 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Morris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Morris
Morris Super Eight
Morris Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Morris, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.