“Very Good Hotel for the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monmouth
Asheville
“Very Good Hotel for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Since Monmouth only has two hotels, we found the Super 8 offered a very good value for a good room. (#2 on the list is now a personal care home) Our King room was spacious with a table and two chairs, a large TV and a king bed. While I prefer a slightly firmer mattress, the room was very clean and quite adequate. I wouldn’t call the décor chic, but it was clean and comfortable with a certain early 90s style. The pool was out of order while we were there.

I did find the owners accent came across as bit clipped and abrupt on the phone, but in person they seemed genuinely concerned about whether we had a good stay. In fact I thought the owners were quite nice. We really enjoyed our three night stay for less than half the price of the AmercInn down the street. We shall see the Patels again on our next visit to family in Monmouth.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

We reserved a single smoking room and when we checked in they put us in a room with a jacuzzi in it. After being there a night the manager came to are door and told us if we used the jacuzzi he would charge us extra. then accused us of using it the night before [they have cameras or what] said they were going to tag an extra 60 bucks on our bill because we had used it! I guess they were just after a few extra bucks but boy were they rude! have't got bill yet, will let you know!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Monmouth hotels

Schaumburg, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

I never made it to this hotel. I had to call several times to find out if they have some way to convert a wireless Internet connection to a wired connection. Apparently, they are not aware of bridges which most hotels with wireless connections have readily available.

The last straw was talking to about five (5) people with a huge language barrier during one phone call. The fifth person told me to "Go to Radio Shack and buy a wireless adapter."

I found the front desk people rude and arrogant and I'm glad a avoided that hotel.

• Liked — Not staying there
  • Disliked — I found people on the phone rude and arrogant.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2004

The Wirlpool Tub is a real relaxing time. It's even better with 2 people.It will hold up to four. There are only 2 rooms with them. It would be best to call ahead & reserve one. I'm glad I did!

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Super 8 Monmouth IL? Share your experiences!