We just returned from a two night stay at La Quinta Moline. This was a good location for us since it was close to the airport. Here are the pros/cons of this hotel:
* Great customer service. Everyone at the front desk was kind, professional and helpful. A special shout out to a woman named Holly. Another man working the night shift was very helpful as well. My rating is boosted from a 1 to a 2 due to the front desk.
*Good location if you need to be close to the airport. McDonalds right next door.
*Darking shades in room
*Breakfast offered (however it was gross)
*Newer flat screen in room
* The king bed was not bad. They provided plenty of pillows.
*The plastic cups in the bathroom were covered in plastic. Much better than gross glass cups.
*Even though the pool was closed the pool area looked nice.
* Biggest complaint is the smoking! We were on a non smoking floor and our hall and room smelled like smoke the entire time we were there. Our clothes even stunk! When I called front desk they were very nice and said the would investigate. I was glad they investigated the situation as the smoking stopped for about two hours. Then it started up again. Both nights we woke up around 2 am to a strong smell of smoke. First thing in the morning the smokers started again…..YUCK! There are floors in this hotel that have signs on EVERY door stating NO SMOKING. Why are people still smoking indoors? I know it was cold out but come on! If you smoke... GO OUTSIDE!
* The walls are paper thin. One night our neighbors had their TV turned up ALL THE WAY and it went on all night long. Around 4 am we finally called the front desk and within an hour they were able to tell the guests to TURN OFF THE TV. There was a small group running up and down the hall screaming and yelling around 4 am. We did not sleep at all while at LA QUINTA.
*Even though housekeeping was there on day 2 they did not do a very good job. The towels smelled horrible. They were clean but it was if they just washed them in water, no soap. The smell was offensive. The room had a weird smell as well.
Even though the room was dusted, vacuumed and wiped down there were some gross findings: the area around the bed was GROSS! Lots of dust, dead skin and odds and ends on carpet. The mattress had a large red stain on the side (kool aid?) The corners of the room and bathroom were disgustingly gross and looked like they were never cleaned. The bathroom floor had all sorts of things on it and in the corners. No bugs though…yeah! It appears they come in and do a quick wipe down and throw some towels in there and move on.
*The heater/AC unit was gross! It was loud and when it kicked on be prepared to be woken up. It was hard to get a steady temp in the room.
*The sheets looked clean but once again had the same "washed in water only" smell as the towels.
*The breakfast was mediocre. The best thing was the instant oatmeal. The coffee was gross and weak. We couldn't drink it.
I would not return to this hotel in the future. I noticed many other reputable places nearby and will probably try them. We go to Moline a couple times a year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Moline Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Moline Airport Hotel Moline
- La Quinta Moline
- Moline La Quinta