“I am amazed this is a Motel 6!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline

You added Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline to your Saves list
Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6920 27th St., Off Airport Road and US-6 W, Moline, IL 61265 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Toronto, Canada
“I am amazed this is a Motel 6!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I love using the hotel/motel discount coupons when in the States. My coupon for this hotel was $39.95 instead of the regular price of $44.95. Like McDonald's, you know what to expect when you head to a Motel 6.
This one was a great surprise...in a good way! Big clean rooms. The woman on the front desk was very friendly. A few minutes after I got to my room she called to make sure I was happy with the room. Are you kidding me, it is a super room.

All that said...the mattress is a little thin and there were no rooms avail with a fridge...but she did put my frozen bottles of water in the hotel freezer to make them solid again which is great.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Prattsburgh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

As my sister so eloquently put it, "who stayed in the room before us? Sasquatch?" There was hair everywhere, as though the room had not been cleaned from the last guest, and we honestly wouldn't have stayed here if I wasn't the middle of the night and we weren't completely exhausted. Not only was there hair on the bathroom sink, in the shower, and on the beds!, but mold on the shower curtain, and little black specks on the bathroom sink which looked like either mold or flea poop? Or perhaps something equally gross. this place is disgusting, don't stay there...

Room Tip: Just don't check in there...save yourself the misery.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank striderpending
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This used to be a Hampton Inn in a different life. We stayed there overnight recently and the property has been completly let go. Rooms had peeling wallpaper, smelled and needed a deep cleaning from chairs to carpet. Awful

To top it all off, we had bed bugs. Avoid this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weatherman1946
Sparta, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed one the 1st floor. I immediately felt nausious and a metalic taste in my mouth. I started looking around and the walls were full of black mold. I was moved to a 2nd room that had black mold but not as bad as the 1st. I was there for the class of "79" turning 50 years old and was so sick that I did not make the reunion. I left in the middle of the night for my 5 hr trip home. I had diareah and trouble breathing for 2 days after. My friend left this motel with a terrifiying cas of scabbies. no one is returning our calls including the moline building inspector. The department of environmental health in Springfield took a report but no return calls as of yet. BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless they can provide a recent health report!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Whisperslastforever
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed here twice in two weeks and had two completly different stays.

The first was good, the second a bit less.

My first stay was in a first floor room. It was clean and quiet.

The second was a second floor room. It was moldy, dirty, and had water damage. It was still quiet.

This is an old Hampton Inn that has been rebranded and has old Hampton furniture.

It needs to get new beds and carpeting, and to fix the roof to get rid of the second floor leaks.

I'd stay here again if I can get a room on the first floor on the east wing, and if it was cheap. My room was reserved in January and I got a price much lower than walk ups.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We started our vacation overnight at this motel. All of the staff we met - from making the reservation, checking in and shuttling to the airport - were very friendly and efficient. The room was just a basic room but clean and comfortable. And the price for overnight plus free parking while we're away can't be beat!! We got a prompt wake-up call; the van to take us to the airport was ready early and the driver courteous. No fridge or microwave so perhaps not the best deal for a long stay, but for plain old comfort and good service for a short trip, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fotobug
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been looking for a decent, under $50 room in the Quad Cities for a while. I think this is the best one I have found to date. This is an old Hampton Inn building that Motel 6 moved into when the "other" location became too deteriorated. Please be advised that I think a lot of the reviews from years ago are referring to the Motel 6 location when it used to be down the road. That old Motel 6 is now an America's Best Inn - and trust me (been there, too), you want to stay FAR AWAY from that America's Best!!! That place is nasty, and even though it is a few dollars less than this Motel 6 - it is worth the few bucks!

Anyhow - the Motel 6 is a bit outdated, but from what I saw, still had the "1990's Class" of the Hampton Inn that used to be there. Lobby with sofas and TV, interior hallways, power doors, well lit, etc. Even though the furnishings and carpet were old, you can tell they were taken care of by the previous owners, and hopefully they will with the Motel 6.

One person complained about the ice in the parking lot - and that was SO true. I almost wiped-out carrying a pizza back into the room one night. Pretty slick, and nobody did anything to salt or sand the mess.

I have stayed in a many-a-dumps in the Quad Cities area, but this is the first under $50 a night place there that I would consider returning to - and probably will.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
QCA_11, Manager at Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 in Moline. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I want to assure you that your suggestions are so valuable and we surely will work on snow and ice issue in the parking area. I also want to assure you that we did our best thru out the winter so salt the parking lot but sometimes situation just go uncontollable as within few hours after salting,we face the same scenario of ice on the walk way.But there should not be an excuse for it and we will give extra efforts next winter.Please be assure of that.

Sincerely, KD, Manager Motel 6-Moline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
Quality Inn & Suites Moline – Quad Cities
La Quinta Inn Davenport
La Quinta Inn Davenport
#13 of 24 in Davenport
3.5 of 5 stars 290 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline? Share your experiences!