“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Stayed in two suites with 11 members of my familey and had a great time. Bunk-bed and Moose Suites were huge rooms for all of us. B-fast the next day was plentiful and tasty. Easy to go have a drink and get food with a number of nearby establishments.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Springfield IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My son and family live 6 hours away and we don't see the grandchildren (4 and 2) very often, so decided to meet half-way between... Moline was that place. The kids love to swim, and we wanted someplace 'neat.' Stoney Creek was beyond our expectations! Decor is exceptional... so much to see and talk about with little ones... i.e., the moose above the front door. Pool area was like a lake in the woods with trail to the hot tub and the mural of bears in canoes on the wall... painting trees extending up from the posts was awesome... and the sky with geese overhead was breath-taking. Friendly staff... great breakfast... wonderful beds in exceptionally large rooms and very quiet, and walking distance to the Mississippi and great little shops in a restored area. Sidewalk fountains in plaza next to the Inn were fun for kids to play in... and we ate pizza at plaza tables. This was a four generation trip of seven people (ages 2 to 90) and we all had a wonderful time. Plan to meet at the Stoney Creek Inn in Galena next!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dundee, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Nothing but noise.
If you want to sleep at night DON'T STAY HERE!
Kids running up and down the halls all night, "adults" yelling at each other at 2:00 a.m. Calls to the front desk yielded no response.

The management here dosen't seem to care.

Stay here only if you have little kids and don't need any sleep.

• Liked — nothing!
  • Disliked — yelling in the halls @ 2:a.m.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
stmaknight, Operations Support Maanger at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I have shared your feedback with the Management and Staff at the hotel and let me assure you they do sincerely care what happens to our guests and the experiences they have. Stoney Creek Inns strongly believes in a "People First" attitude and look to create a positive memorable experience. Thank you for your feedback as it will only help us improve what we do.
Mike Trudeau
Operations Support Manager
Stoney Creek Hospitality Corp.
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

We arrived early and the front desk was very accomodating to us. She got the cleaning crew into our room so we could check in 3 hours early! Housekeeping cleaned our room right when asked! Very pleasant staff and beautiful hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

The SCI in the Quad Cities (Moline) is a large hotel located in the heart of Moline a few blocks from John Deere and a large sports arena. I have visited this hotel twice before, the first visit was in 2007 I was lucky enough to get a beautiful 3rd floor suite overlooking the city. The room was quiet peaceful and the hotel staff was very accommodating. But boy what a difference a year can make at this place.

It was early December and like the year before I decided to pay a visit to the SCI quad cities for another relaxing experience like I received the year before, and visit a family member who lives in town. This year I booked an "extended room" if I recall, it was supposedly like a Studio suite and was the perfect fit for me. Upon arrival I approached the front desk, where there was a kind of stand offish young girl working the desk. I gave her the information and she proceeded to check me in. Then there was a problem, she told me the room I had booked was already given away. So she threw me in some handicap room on the first floor and said it was almost the same. I spent the rest of my day outside of the hotel, before returning about 6pm.

As I returned the number of children running around was extremely high it seemed the parents had hit the hotels bar while their children ran around, screaming, crying, and causing destruction. It was especially shocking because the woman working the front desk could care less while all this wild behavior was going on. I went to my room sat down with a cold drink and proceeded to watch the television when suddenly a group of teenagers probably about 13 or 14 came waltzing into my room. Turns out they had the wrong room and were on the 2nd floor exactly above me. So I check the lock on the door and realize you literally have to slam the door or it will remain partially open. Following this incident I realize it might help to go relax at the pool. Upon arriving at the pool there were children literally covering the entire expanse, they were running screaming and splashing water everywhere while there parents sat on the chairs around the pool drinking their alcoholic beverages. The hot tub was relaxing and the kids were avoiding it so I just relaxed there for about an hour.

Here comes the worst part of my stay at about 9pm out of nowhere a hotel employee comes in and starts screaming and shouting to get every kid out of the pool. The behavior of this employee was awful she was running around yelling adult swim "get out 21 or older only". I stayed another half hour before leaving. The kids ran around the rest of the night and I could not get any sleep.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
stmaknight, Operations Support Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline, responded to this review, May 28, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into the issues you brought up and are in the process of correcting the situation so it does not occur again in the future.

Mike Trudeau
Operations Support Manager
Stoney Creek Hospitality Corp.
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

The hotel is smack dab in the middle of a comely downtown/oldtown Moline. It is within walking distace to the iWireless Center, a smaller venue at which we had tickets for The Eagles. Also within the 3-4 block radius were many eating establishments that were reasonably priced. If you plan to have dinner before the show, do so early. The show was at 8pm and we started looking for dinner at 6:30. Everything was packed and we had to rush. The gratis breakfast was alright and predicatable with scrambled eggs, link sausage, waffles, cereal, juice, toast, muffins, coffee, certainly adequate (6:30-9:30)
The only negative was the service at the bar in the hotel. Granted, the two bartenders were busy, but we were blatantly ignored for greater that 15 minutes while standing at the bar.
Great location, decent room for the price, easy to find.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We held my daughter's wedding reception at SCI. Plated dinner for 250-300 attendees. The staff was very attentive and the event planner was extremely accommodating in assisting us with outside vendors, deliveries, etc. The dance floor and stage for the band were spacious. We stayed in a large suite. What a relief to relax in after a very long day. Many of the wedding party and attendees stayed at the hotel. The kids had a great time in the pool. A room was made available to the bride/groom to open their gifts the following morning. I have no complaints.

• Liked — The staff and spaciousness of the suite.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline? Share your experiences!