“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Davenport, Iowa
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you like Chinese food, this is the place to go. The variety is terrific. I'm not a fan of sushi but my friends just love it. I like everything else. I'm on a C Food diet. I see fodd and I eat it. Mangia.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Byron, Illinois
“Amazing sushi selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really love the large selection of sushi and all of it is made right there behind the counter. There is something for everyone here. This is probably one of my favorite places to eat in town. For lunch I believe the price was around $13 a person, which I didn't find too terrible, especially given the quality of food and selection. They also have a grill here to order your favorites that may not already be on he Buffett. I would recommend his to anyone. Oh and kids are free, which is good because I never know how much or little my three year old is going to eat from day to day.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davenport, Iowa
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was a little worried about a buffet that offered sushi; but a co-worker gave it high marks so we gave it a shot.

Everything was wonderful; it was a little pricey but we ate our monies worth in sushi alone. They split the sushi into groups of "cooked", "uncooked", "and sashimi" this was pretty helpful to the one first timer that we had in our group. My wife and I are avid sushi eaters and enjoyed every piece that we put on our plates. The other big plus was even though we were there pretty late in the evening they continued to make and put out new platters of sushi; despite the fact that they were an hour from closing.

After all of the sushi I didn't have much room for other foods but was happy with the few other things that I tried the biggest plus was that all three of my picky kids (10, 7, and 3 year old girls) ate like pigs. Even after I was stuff beyond all functionality they were still making visits to the non-sushi buffet and, of course, the dessert section. I did get talked into taking a few various bites of the Asian style desserts; all of which were pretty tasty.

The staff was all very professional, helpful, and attentive.

If you don't mind the price (I think it was $12 per adult) and the buffet style dining this is a must even for sushi first timers.

• Visited February 2013